• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

POLL - Wyndham Membership Composition

What is your VIP level and do you own resale? (Select One)

• Resale Only

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Non-VIP Retail only

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Non-VIP Both Retail and Resale

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • VIP-SILVER Retail only

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • VIP-SIVER Both Retail and Resale

• VIP-GOLD Retail only

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • VIP-GOLD Both Retail and Resale

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • VIP-PLATINUM Retail only

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • VIP-PLATINUM Both Retail and Resale

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • VIP-PR RESERVE Retail only

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • VIP-PR RESERVE Retail and Resale

• VIP-SILVER Resale Only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VIP-GOLD Resale Only

• VIP-PLATINUM Resale only

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • VIP-PR Resale only

• Total voters

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
As suggested in another thread, here is a poll to get an idea of the composition of Wyndham Membership in terms of VIP levels and Resale.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Bump

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You missed a few combinations. There are some VIP resale only owners and there are some with both PR and non-PR.

In any case, my take is that the results won't be truly representative of all Club Wyndham owners for a variety of reasons.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
You missed a few combinations. There are some VIP resale only owners and there are some with both PR and non-PR.

In any case, my take is that the results won't be truly representative of all Club Wyndham owners for a variety of reasons.

How can you be VIP with only resale? Please explain.
I thought PR is automatically at the Platinum level. So, VIP-PR with additional non-PR is still VIP-PR, right?

As to your last point, I am aware of the sample limitations. Will cross that bridge when we come to it. We will see whether TUGBBS is a representative sample of the Wyndham population!

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
There are some folks that found and exploited loopholes over the year and have resale VIP accounts. I believe the loopholes have been closed and it doesn't include me.

Re: PR, I don't believe a resale PR owner gets VIPP for other resale ownerships and I'm not sure how much of the VIPP benefits they get. Otherwise that would be a remaining loophole to get to VIPP. I'm not going to research that, though, because I'm not planning on acquiring such an account.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
There are so.e folks that found and exploited loopholes over the year and have resale VIP accounts. I believe the loopholes have been closed.

Loopholes have been closed, but it was possible IN THE PAST.

My Platinum status was removed, but I challenge it and got it reinstated, as I ensured that Platinum was written into the deal and had proof. I got a deal that had old Fairfield fixed weeks converted, and equity swap (to avoid a big SA), two PIC weeks and a 1 time purchase from Wyndham for 160K to get VIPP.

Not planning to attempt a jump to Founders level as I don't think the bennies are worth it. If Club Pass got the same VIP discounts as Wyndham I might consider but as it looks to be some rotating thing, I am not at all interested. Looking into small WM deal or finding regular trading partners who will swap WM for Wyn and vice versa.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

My Platinum status was removed, but I challenge it and got it reinstated, as I ensured that Platinum was written into the deal and had proof. I got a deal that had old Fairfield fixed weeks converted, and equity swap (to avoid a big SA), two PIC weeks and a 1 time purchase from Wyndham for 160K to get VIPP.

Not planning to attempt a jump to Founders level as I don't think the bennies are worth it. If Club Pass got the same VIP discounts as Wyndham I might consider but as it looks to be some rotating thing, I am not at all interested. Looking into small WM deal or finding regular trading partners who will swap WM for Wyn and vice versa.

That was 160K points as a retail purchase, not $160K, right? If so that would technically make it just a max of 668K VIP-eligible points under the current rules.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some folks that found and exploited loopholes over the year and have resale VIP accounts. I believe the loopholes have been closed and it doesn't include me.

Re: PR, I don't believe a resale PR owner gets VIPP for other resale ownerships and I'm not sure how much of the VIPP benefits they get. Otherwise that would be a remaining loophole to get to VIPP. I'm not going to research that, though, because I'm not planning on acquiring such an account.
You’re correct that a resale PR doesn’t come with a VIPP account or any other VIP account

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That was 160K points as a retail purchase, not $160K, right? If so that would technically make it just a max of 668K VIP-eligible points under the current rules.

Yes 160K purchase in POINTs not $$. No idea what your second sentence means? What current rule are you referring to?

AFA Wyndham is concerned I have over 1M and will be grandfathered into the old Platinum level.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Added 4 more Resale only categories.
96 views and only 13 votes?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes 160K purchase in POINTs not $$. No idea what your second sentence means? What current rule are you referring to?

AFA Wyndham is concerned I have over 1M and will be grandfathered into the old Platinum level.

It would be the 160K points plus up to 508K for the two PIC weeks that would count now.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Many people use Tapatalk to consume forum content across multiple forums on mobile devices, myself included, which does not display nor support the poll function. In a cloud first mobile first world, when something isn’t supported completely on mobile apps, it will not be consumed/used.

I had to manually launch the TUGBBS web forum on my mobile device and login and so forth to actually complete the poll. Give it time as well, many folks may return and complete the poll eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Many people use Tapatalk to consume forum content across multiple forums on mobile devices, myself included, which does not display nor support the poll function. In a cloud first mobile first world, when something isn’t supported completely on mobile apps, it will not be consumed/used.

I just went to Tapatalk on my iPhone and I see what you mean! Bummer! :(

But the one who should solve this problem is Tapatalk!

But if you go to Chrome or Safari browser on iPhone, TUGBBS works fine!

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It would be the 160K points plus up to 508K for the two PIC weeks that would count now.

And why are not my fixed weeks converted to points NOT eligible to count?

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Of course, those should count. I have a Flagstaff FW which I bought from Wyndham and it counts for 105k points towards my VIP-P.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Agreed. I’ve tried just about every known “possibility” to find a workaround to get VIP on the cheap over the past several months. All of the workarounds/loopholes that previously worked are no longer working IME. I really wish this wasn’t the case.

Many of these workarounds are often represented as still valid - but when push comes to shove and I perform the required due diligence it fails to count for VIP eligibility.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I thought you had indicated that you had used some prior loophole. My bad if I misinterpreted that.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought you had indicated that you had used some prior loophole. My bad if I misinterpreted that.

Oh I did, but they still count ;)

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey, what do you know! I am not alone in the VIP-P Retail only category! :whooopie:

I wish I had ordered the choices differently! Is there any way to do it without messing up the poll?:ponder:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
What were you expecting?

There is no way to get anything resembling a statistically valid poll of Wyndham from TUG Wyndham forum participants or any other social media platform. Someone could look at the current standings of the poll and reach an erroneous conclusion that, "Resale buyers are the quiet majority on the TUG Wyndham forum." (That conclusion could also be true; not enough participation to reach a conclusion.)

My observation over the years is that the Wyndham forum posts are dominated by members using Wyndham as a business opportunity (it is not as bad as it used to be) and (the VIP discounts likely play a part in the profitability of the businesses. Any changes that affect that profitability leads to all sorts of conspiracy theories and moaning complaints). Definitely a skewed perspective, and would explain why someone reading the Wyndham forum as a newbie might post, "Is anyone happy with their Wyndham ownership?"

A significant majority of Club Wyndham Owner families, VIP or resale or combination using Wyndham resorts for their personal vacations, must be at least content with their ownership. Why else would there be 421,000 Club Wyndham owners?

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I think it’s understood that this poll is not representative of Wyndham as a whole because we are such a small amount of Wyndham owners.

The low poll turnout is not only due to people viewing on their phones, I think people are generally uninterested in participation these days. Have you noticed how few people contribute to the Maintenance Fee thread each year. And that’s a thread that can be really helpful to all who read or respond in this forum

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it’s understood that this poll is not representative of Wyndham as a whole because we are such a small amount of Wyndham owners.
Then what IS the purpose of the poll, if not an extrapolation of [Club] Wyndham [owners] based on a TUG poll? Or any other Wyndham related poll on TUG? It all seems an exercise in pointlessness.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What were you expecting?

There is no way to get anything resembling a statistically valid poll of Wyndham from TUG Wyndham forum participants or any other social media platform. Someone could look at the current standings of the poll and reach an erroneous conclusion that, "Resale buyers are the quiet majority on the TUG Wyndham forum." (That conclusion could also be true; not enough participation to reach a conclusion.)

My observation over the years is that the Wyndham forum posts are dominated by members using Wyndham as a business opportunity (it is not as bad as it used to be) and (the VIP discounts likely play a part in the profitability of the businesses. Any changes that affect that profitability leads to all sorts of conspiracy theories and moaning complaints). Definitely a skewed perspective, and would explain why someone reading the Wyndham forum as a newbie might post, "Is anyone happy with their Wyndham ownership?"

A significant majority of Club Wyndham Owner families, VIP or resale or combination using Wyndham resorts for their personal vacations, must be at least content with their ownership. Why else would there be 421,000 Club Wyndham owners?

I like to play with toys or adult equivalents thereof! ;) I 'selfishly' posted this poll as a learning experience in posting polls and not to discover some epiphany!
I studied statistics more than 40 years ago and used to be rather good at it! I understand samples and their limitations! I mentioned it on this thread in response to @Eric B. Perhaps you missed it!
I understand this forum would be incorrectly skewed towards resale only owners! @HitchHiker71 has already pointed out the Tapatalk limitation!
I am sure you're a wonderful guy in person but when you're responding in cyberspace, you seem to forget that we're real people with our own sensibilities and pride! And you seem to ignore all that has gone before and all that can be perceived from what has been written by the other person!

I don't want to get into verbal judo again!I know I will win but it will all get expunged!;)

God bless! Good night!

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
It's a best guess. It doesn't purport to be representative of Wyndham as a whole, but it could be interesting to get a perspective on who's posting here. Also, don't forget that the thread that showed Wyndham's official statistics were completely obscure, so this forum poll may prove to be more informative than even the numbers Wyndham reports on their SEC required reports.

I just wish more forum members would participate. It could help everyone.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have texted my trusted Wyndham insider to share his guesstimates. It will be far more accurate than any poll here! If and when he responds, I will post it here.
It's an opportunity for TUGBBS to invite more Wyndham owners and employees to participate so we can all be better informed!