• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New website makes flexible bookings cumbersome - phone better?

GT1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am non-VIP, resale, 10+ year owner, who lives in FLorida, pretty experienced at booking advantageously. Since I live in Florida, going to Bonnet Creek for us is a normal thing. I would just look to see what was available, different unit sizes, different dates, looking to see what would suit our family, book it and away we went. Now, with the website "upgrade"searching for flexible dates and units is just really hard! For years we have gone in low season to BCR and now I can't seem to find any days together. I mostly see single days.

Is it just better to forget using the website and just call the VC and let them tell me what's out there to book? AM I forgetting a newly implemented fee for using the VC's? Or are they just as clueless as the website?

Thanks!

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The VC's now work on the same system we do - pros and cons to that.

If you get a good VC you'd be fine letting them do the searching for you. The more you get used to the new system, the better you'll be at finding your own stuff.

I think you can usually get a good feel for if the VC knows what they are doing or not. If you don't get good vibes, hang up and call back.

So I guess it depends on if you want to take chances on how decent a VC you get. Maybe call and let them look and you look, too.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The VC's now work on the same system we do - pros and cons to that.

If you get a good VC you'd be fine letting them do the searching for you. The more you get used to the new system, the better you'll be at finding your own stuff.

I think you can usually get a good feel for if the VC knows what they are doing or not. If you don't get good vibes, hang up and call back.

So I guess it depends on if you want to take chances on how decent a VC you get. Maybe call and let them look and you look, too.

Just to emphasize something Sandi said (I highlighted it above)

Wait times when you call, have gone way down since right after the introduction of the new website. from hours on hold to less than a minute. We know the website isnt fixed, so what happened to make that improvement. I was told that they have nearly doubled the call center staff.

That means there are a lot of people trying to help us that dont have any historical perspective or practical experience. They dont know how things used to work, or even how the new system is supposed to work, so they cant know how bad things are now, much less the level of our frustration. Call center work is largely a learn as you go thing. These people are new...they need time

So I would say, "dont get mad", and as Sandi says... "If you don't get good vibes, hang up and call back".

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Are some of the call center staff still working from their homes?
Yes, I think you'll still find more do than don't. My guess is 75% or so are working from home. That's my unofficial polling when I call, I usually ask, also ask if in Missouri or Orlando (that seems to be 50/50).

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
We use to be able to search all size units at up to 5 location for 'first available' with a couple clicks of the mouse. Those days are gone. What use to take several seconds now can take hours. We, the owners and users of the website got screwed while the 'Richard Craniums' at Wyndham sit back on their posteriors and think of of other ways to screw us to benefit Wyndham Extra Holidays and line their pockets.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
We use to be able to search all size units at up to 5 location for 'first available' with a couple clicks of the mouse. Those days are gone. What use to take several seconds now can take hours. We, the owners and users of the website got screwed while the 'Richard Craniums' at Wyndham sit back on their posteriors and think of of other ways to screw us to benefit Wyndham Extra Holidays and line their pockets.

Probably not true, (at least the "dick head" comment), and way off topic. In my experience, having met a number of Wyndham executives and rank and file employees.... They really do try to do right by us, their customers. What we have here is a tylenol moment and Wyndham isnt responding as well as johnson and johnson did. In my opinion, they made a mistake, (a big mistake to be sure) but it isnt a deliberate screwing.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
A screwing is still a screwing whether it's deliberate or not. If it wasn't deliberate we should have seen major changes to correct the many website problems and issues by now. Screwing is probably the wrong word to use. Rape is the more appropriate word to use when discussing how the new website effected many owners and the ability to search for and book a reservation.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Unfortunately the VC's are using the same system we see and you will just be waiting on the line while they do this same thing you can do. I would rather be able to see it for myself.

Type in the name of the resort under location but don't put in any dates or unit types and click search. On the next page/screen click on blue rectangular bar that says view availability calendar. That will take you to another page/screen and you will see all the unit sizes. Select the unit size you want and that will show you what is available for the current month and you can click on the arrow to page through the upcoming months. You will have to repeat this whole process several times if you want to search for different unit sizes. When you see on the calendar the dates that are available, select the dates you would like to book.

If you do know your dates, which like you we rarely do since we also live in Florida, you can just click on Florida or select a region of Florida.

New owners are lucky in the sense that they never knew the old system. Even for those of us who have become proficient with the new system it is still hard to keep yourself from occasionally feeling exasperated and remembering how easy it used to be. It will be funny to be at the resorts and hear people who are only in their 20's and 30's talking about how easy the booking system used to be. It won't be only older people talking about the "good old days". I truly expect when the problems with the new system are fixed that Wyndham will respond to our suggestions, needs, complaints, and modify the system to be at least a little more user friendly.

Last edited:

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have owned Wyndham points for about nine years. I do really like the resorts that we frequent. I also do a small number of rentals.

My impression of the new website, is that it is partly an attempt to make something that is usable on smart phones.

The old website was much better, but its one drawback was that there was too much complexity on each page to easily work on phones or tablets.

I think the new one has simplified screens and is dumbed down to make it phone friendly. The new website just isn't as functional and is clunky and buggy.

Hopefully the new one gets improved!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
...snip>
My impression of the new website, is that it is partly an attempt to make something that is usable on smart phones.
The old website was much better, but its one drawback was that there was too much complexity on each page to easily work on phones or tablets.
I think the new one has simplified screens and is dumbed down to make it phone friendly. The new website just isn't as functional and is clunky and buggy.
Hopefully the new one gets improved!

Some things could be a DUMB DOWN APP ... for those who use APPs and have phones with APPs ... can see the screen with the APPs ... have data plans which pay for the apps ...
etc.
Wyndham's customer base is older than a 20yo by DECADES, most likely 85% of owners do not know or ever used an APP (like me).

And as my old daddy told me "give your users what they WANT, NOT what you think they need".

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some things could be a DUMB DOWN APP ... for those who use APPs and have phones with APPs ... can see the screen with the APPs ... have data plans which pay for the apps ...
etc.
Wyndham's customer base is older than a 20yo by DECADES, most likely 85% of owners do not know or ever used an APP (like me).

And as my old daddy told me "give your users what they WANT, NOT what you think they need".

but Steve Jobs said: "people don't know what they want until you show it to them"

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
but Steve Jobs said: "people don't know what they want until you show it to them"

Steve Jobs would have beta tested this abomination of a new website....and scrapped it. And fired the team that designed it. This is the anti-Jobs design and functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve Jobs would have beta tested this abomination of a new website....and scrapped it. And fired the team that designed it. This is the anti-Jobs design and functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

or they he would have used the iPhone playbook: deny that there are antenna issues then release a cosmetic fix that hides visual evidence of the problem until there is a fix in production. (or tell people to hold their phone with there other hand). Of course that does not excuse Wyndham's behavior.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
If someone doesn't already own ask yourself this- If the new software design was created on purpose would you still want to deal with this company? If the new software design was done accidentally would you still want to deal with this company ?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If someone doesn't already own ask yourself this- If the new software design was created on purpose would you still want to deal with this company? If the new software design was done accidentally would you still want to deal with this company ?
No argument the website is a mess.
The first step in solving a problem is admitting you have a problem.
I'm glad Wyndham has admitted they have a huge problem on their hands. I was surprised how open they were at admitting the magnitude of the website mess at the annual meeting. I do believe there are steps being taken to improve the website.
I have said it before that owners of almost all of the biggest timeshares companies on a points system here on TUG have complained about the companies website-reservation system.
Wyndhams might be the worst right now. In a year it might be the best as we know Wyndham has and is reviewing improvements with actual owners.
The website is definitely cumbersome to the owners with open travel plans.
If you have set dates for your travels it could be better but not that bad now.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
New owners don't know they have a problem

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
No argument the website is a mess.
The first step in solving a problem is admitting you have a problem.
I'm glad Wyndham has admitted they have a huge problem on their hands. I was surprised how open they were at admitting the magnitude of the website mess at the annual meeting. I do believe there are steps being taken to improve the website.
I have said it before that owners of almost all of the biggest timeshares companies on a points system here on TUG have complained about the companies website-reservation system.
Wyndhams might be the worst right now. In a year it might be the best as we know Wyndham has and is reviewing improvements with actual owners.
The website is definitely cumbersome to the owners with open travel plans.
If you have set dates for your travels it could be better but not that bad now.

I agree with this with one caveat. I too was impressed with the way Geoff Richards faced up to the mess and I'm convinced they will get things right one day but at this point I really don't think he knows just how big the mess really is

So why don't we tell him

He may not be aware that things are as they are. It that's the case he needs to know. Or he may know exactly what's wrong. And if that's the case we need to know that

Geoff is the president of the club Wyndham hoa as well as a top executive at wyndham vacation ownership

I think Geoff and Mark Johnson (Vice President and also a top executive) will agree to talk to me

I think the complaints fall into three buckets 1) things that are broken like ARP 2) things that could be better (like the search function and 3) things that we just don't like, but that we will have to learn to live with like the end of the credit pool

i will b e happy to collect all the complaints, put them in the right buckets and drive to Orlando and sit in the lobby until Geoff and/or Mark meets with me

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron,

Should be ALL OPEN UP MF and loan payment Escrow Accounts in our local banks and make our MF payments to these individual & personal accounts across THOUSANDS of banks and all 50 states?

I will be HAPPY to do that for my 2 member accounts .... they have had all the time I want to wait & lose access to use my ownership due to their inability to get their computer product WORKING... which they had a responsibility to operate & manage on behalf of ALL Wyndham owners.

I know multiple "1 office banks" ... in my state. Ain't gonna make it easy for them to seize those funds ... just have to be licensed with the state banking commission.

CUT OFF THE CASH FLOW! might really speak and get thru to management...

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
i will b e happy to collect all the complaints, put them in the right buckets and drive to Orlando and sit in the lobby until Geoff and/or Mark meets with me

I think this is Ron's application as TOWL (TUGS Official Wyndham Lobbyist.) I for one, would donate to his salary.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with this with one caveat. I too was impressed with the way Geoff Richards faced up to the mess and I'm convinced they will get things right one day but at this point I really don't think he knows just how big the mess really is

So why don't we tell him

He may not be aware that things are as they are. It that's the case he needs to know. Or he may know exactly what's wrong. And if that's the case we need to know that

Geoff is the president of the club Wyndham hoa as well as a top executive at wyndham vacation ownership

I think Geoff and Mark Johnson (Vice President and also a top executive) will agree to talk to me

I think the complaints fall into three buckets 1) things that are broken like ARP 2) things that could be better (like the search function and 3) things that we just don't like, but that we will have to learn to live with like the end of the credit pool

Here's my list
1. Things broken
ARP
RARP
Upgrade. They've got to understand it's not working. We need clarity on what a match is on days for an upgrade. 1 bedroom deluxe has to be able to upgrade to a 1 bedroom Presidential and so on with all bedroom sizes.

2. Could be better
Search and book like old site. They should know how it worked. If not I trust you to educate them. Ron's Wyndham 101
Point buckets on one page spreadsheet like before. This isn't a big deal but it was better before.

3. I agree with you that this doesn't matter. The old rules aren't coming back. Credit pool was a hell of a lot better than the point deposit.
If they can't get the auto upgrade fixed go back to all manual and maybe limit how many upgrade levels you get a year and do it at time of booking only. Just like GCs only you can't buy more upgrades

I think this is great idea. Thanks for volunteering to be the owners lobbyists!!
If we aren't proactive in what we want. We only have ourselves to blame. We need to have a representative with a connection to the executives

Last edited:

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
3) things that we just don't like, but that we will have to learn to live with like the end of the credit pool
I don’t want to sound like a broken record but the Points Deposit Feature is a HUGE takeaway versus the old Credit Pool. To the less savvy and/or to those who don’t plan with the potential pitfalls of the Feature in mind, it will result in lost points, beginning at the end of 2018. I really don’t believe Wyndham wants owners losing Deposited points. So, while there seems to be a focus on the immediate problems like locked accounts, ARP issues, upgrades, clunky search features, availability, etc., please don’t ignore issues that will begin surfacing with those who Deposited Points into 2018. That Feature is NOT the friendly credit pool that everyone who used it, loved.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this is Ron's application as TOWL (TUGS Official Wyndham Lobbyist.) I for one, would donate to his salary.

There is a Wyndham employee that works on the Worldmark side that carries this title:
Director, Board/Owner Relations
I think that there ought to be somebody holding a similar position on the Wyndham side too

I would accept such a position if it was offered

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a Wyndham employee that works on the Worldmark side that carries this title:
Director, Board/Owner Relations
I think that there ought to be somebody holding a similar position on the Wyndham side too

I would accept such a position if it was offered

Being a little more realistic, starting as a Omni-Bondsman for Wyndham as it relates to the Fairfield Trust might be doable.