• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Reservations Screwed Up!

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
We have 2 reservations for 2 separate units checking in at Myrtle Beach made last year. Both were made for 7 nights. We received a confirmation call this week and one had been changed to 3 nights! We have called every number and talked to numerous people after holding for HOURS and we have been assured the reservation is now correct, but they won't provide us with any documentation and it has not been changed in their WONDERFUL computer system! What can we do? Who can we call? Any advice is appreciated. This is coming up soon and I'm afraid we'll arrive and one reservation will only be for 3 nights! HELP!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Did you call the resort. At the end of the day that is the location that matters.

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
Did you call the resort. At the end of the day that is the location that matters.
We did. They say our reservation is correct, but they "cannot change it in the system" and they won't provide any documentation either. We've never had this problem. No idea if it's resolved or not. If they cannot provide me with documentation and we get there and it's just my word against theirs, what will they do? Thanks for your help!

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We did. They say our reservation is correct, but they "cannot change it in the system" and they won't provide any documentation either. We've never had this problem. No idea if it's resolved or not. If they cannot provide me with documentation and we get there and it's just my word against theirs, what will they do? Thanks for your help!

If you have the resort confirming what you need, that is a HUGE step in the right direction. At this point, ask to speak with one of the resort managers, and get his or her name along with confirmation that the reservation for 7 nights is intact. Follow up by emailing him or her - (Wyndham's email configuration is Firstname.Lastname@wyn.com) that you would like an email response that this has been verified. Alternatively, some resorts use another wyn.com email address (Bonnet Creek uses - fdeskbcrk01@wyn.com) to receive and send email to that resort.

Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so if you don't get the verification needed (probably won't ever get "documentation"), just keep calling and asking to speak with the same person over and over until he or she simply emails you what you need.

Hope that helps. . . gotta love the new website. . . piece of crap.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You will have to escalate this with Wyndham. Don't get off of the phone until you get someone from Owner Resolutions, or whatever it's called, and a case #.

A lot of people are going to discover problems with reservations that aren't complete, aren't upgraded, etc., at Grand Desert. They have problems at GD. I feel for any owner or renter who thinks they have one thing, but the resort has something quite different.

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
We just got off the phone with a customer care person and she sent us an email with the reservation number stating it was for the correct dates. They assure me that the reservation is correct at the resort also. Should this be enough or should I press on? Like I said, never had this problem, so need advice.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to what Wyndham calls Customer Service. . . The new and unimproved website is a dysfunctional piece of crap of a website.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got off the phone with a customer care person and she sent us an email with the reservation number stating it was for the correct dates. They assure me that the reservation is correct at the resort also. Should this be enough or should I press on? Like I said, never had this problem, so need advice.

As noted by another poster, having this confirmed at the resort level is the safest play. If your "customer care person" is from the resort, you have a nice verification. If it is from corporate, you have verification, but not as reassuring as from the resort. I would still contact the resort and request an email be sent, or at least the name of the manager on duty who confirms that your rooms and dates are accurate. That gives you more leverage if you arrive and have an issue at the resort. And, by all means, arrive early!!

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
As noted by another poster, having this confirmed at the resort level is the safest play. If your "customer care person" is from the resort, you have a nice verification. If it is from corporate, you have verification, but not as reassuring as from the resort. I would still contact the resort and request an email be sent, or at least the name of the manager on duty who confirms that your rooms and dates are accurate. That gives you more leverage if you arrive and have an issue at the resort. And, by all means, arrive early!!
Great! Thank you so much for the advice.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great! Thank you so much for the advice.

Excellent. And take a deep breath, and don't forget to enjoy your vacation!!! You have two units for a week, in one of the most beautiful and popular areas of the United States to enjoy the ocean and golfing during the peak summer time. This is what you have paid for and are due. The horrible website rollout should not cast a shadow over your family time. You have certainly exercised due diligence, and then some. Having emails and verifications will provide you peace of mind at check in. You have survived the worst of Wyndham (website and Owner Care), now you can enjoy the best of Wyndham (the resort).