• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NY properties

Uscjusto

Reaction score
Are the Hilton Club NY and W 57th both impossible to book?
I didn't see any availability at all for next year. What is the deal?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the Hilton Club NY and W 57th both impossible to book?
I didn't see any availability at all for next year. What is the deal?

Per the rules unless you are an owner you are not able to book those until 40 days out. That is one of the perks of being an owner.

Regards

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Last edited:

Uscjusto

Reaction score
Sounds like staying at one of the NY clubs is almost out of the question.

There is no availability for The Hilton Club NY 44 days out, and limited (1 or 2 night stays in a studio) at W 57th.
That really limits any travel to NY if you want to stay at HGVC.

:annoyed:

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

There is no availability for The Hilton Club NY 44 days out, and limited (1 or 2 night stays in a studio) at W 57th.

You can look on RCI every day, too. Many people get short stays that way.
Or, you can book your home week, deposit it to SFX and exchange to NYC through them.

Uscjusto

Reaction score
Or, you can book your home week, deposit it to SFX and exchange to NYC through them.

Please explain this process. Book my home week and how do I deposit into SFX?
Is this all through telephone?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes use Rci for hgvc in New York. I have booked two separate weeks in NYC one with the Hilton club the other with west 57st. It "only" cost me 2 x 2400 points and of course the Exchange fees. Both weeks in What would normally be platinum weeks.

The stays with hgvc in NYC "normally" gets available daily when we hit the 9th month mark. Some days there will be no availability other days there will.

Regards

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please explain this process. Book my home week and how do I deposit into SFX?
Is this all through telephone?

You can book your home week online through HGVC.
If you aren't already a member of SFX, call them and tell them what you want to deposit. If it is a 2015 deposit, you may be too late to use them. If you have a 2016 week, they can accept the week and start an ongoing search for you.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)

Hmmm, we stayed at West 57th St for 5 nites over Memorial Day weekend this year, before heading to the Marriott Aruba Surf Club for a week. It wasn't too hard to get West 57th St, just had to book one day at a time after midnight, but I snatched it. Oh-yeah, great location.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

Take another look today, Thanksgiving week just opened up at W 57th.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Uscjusto

Reaction score
Good looking out!
My wife is traveling to NY for work and we're going to let her employer pay for the hotel.

I'll have to book HGVC elsewhere to use my 2200 expiring points this year.

FatPedro

Reaction score
DH and I lucked out and ended up booking a studio at W57 for 8 nights in August this year! :D So yes, it is possible to get into NYC.

We originally missed out on one night's booking out of the 8 due to an issue with Revolutuon; here is the thread if you're interested: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228848

Crypt keeper gave us hope and we kept checking several times a day for a few days and then there it was! We ended up with 2 reservations hence 2 booking fees but that was ok as we got 8 nights and I tell you, location, location, location!

In our case, faith, patience and luck got us through; hope it works out for you too.

Side bar: whilst we were at W 57, DH booked us for an owners update. We were informed that when W57 is sold out, that they will be changing the booking system so that ONLY owners at W57 can book there = members not owning W57 will not be able to exchange in any more. The reasoning? The owners there pay a premium (purchase price and MF wise) to own there, so it would be fair to those owners if only those who paid the price, gets to use the facilities.

Apparently, the rooms they let us exchange into now haven't been sold yet by HGVC hence there are some but not many that are available for exchange. I think he said that W57 is 95% sold (don't quote me on that, as it's been a few months and several bottles of wine since then!). :)

They were starting to market Hilton Club, and yes, only Hilton Club members will be able to book there.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
they will be changing the booking system so that ONLY owners at W57 can book there = members not owning W57 will not be able to exchange in any more. The reasoning? The owners there pay a premium (purchase price and MF wise) to own there, so it would be fair to those owners if only those who paid the price, gets to use the facilities.

I don't buy this. They are going to protect the owners' investment by forcing them to use it or lose it every year, depriving them of any ability to exchange at all? It sounds more to me like a salesman manufacturing urgency for you to buy in.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't buy this. They are going to protect the owners' investment by forcing them to use it or lose it every year, depriving them of any ability to exchange at all? It sounds more to me like a salesman manufacturing urgency for you to buy in.

I don't trust that salesman either. Don't think they can change the exchange system. Maybe on new locations but not on current once.

Sales men will say ANYTHING to get you to buy. Heck they would say they are planning a new resort on the moon if that would get you to buy. ;)

Regards

FatPedro

Reaction score
They are going to protect the owners' investment by forcing them to use it or lose it every year, depriving them of any ability to exchange at all?

Clarification: this is meant to protect the NYC owners interests by not allowing non-NYC owners to exchange in. NYC owners can use it, borrow, bank, trade out, etc.

So basically (in the future) if one does not own an HGVC NYC deed, one will not be able to book HVGC NYC.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Clarification: this is meant to protect the NYC owners interests by not allowing non-NYC owners to exchange in. NYC owners can use it, borrow, bank, trade out, etc.

So basically (in the future) if one does not own an HGVC NYC deed, one will not be able to book HVGC NYC.

How can owners trade out without non-owners trading in?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

That is an excellent point. That would create an imbalance in the system. Units outside NY would be used by more owners than the available units. Units in NY would sit empty because their owners traded out.

The only way this can work is separating NY properties completely form the rest of HVGV (similar to Starwood's St Regis fractional ownership - I know this is an extreme comparison that is not apples to apples). But, that would be a disservice to NY and non NY owners, IMO.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is an excellent point. That would create an imbalance in the system. Units outside NY would be used by more owners than the available units. Units in NY would sit empty because their owners traded out.

The only way this can work is separating NY properties completely form the rest of HVGV (similar to Starwood's St Regis fractional ownership - I know this is an extreme comparison that is not apples to apples). But, that would be a disservice to NY and non NY owners, IMO.

NY city units are deposited into RCI ... been to BOTH properties over the years on RCI exchanges. And they offer BIG money to attend a sales presentation ... like $200 in dining vouchers.

Have also stayed in Manhatten Club, too

And Midtown 45 .. but via my internal Wyndham points..

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro

You were talking to a salesperson. They are lying. Period.

We have heard the same or similar lies tons of time here. Go ahead an believe them if you wish, but I would bet any amount that it is a flat-out lie.

Kurt

FatPedro

Reaction score

Apparently, those who buy NYC don't trade out often due to the high purchase and MF costs, which kind of makes sense (lie or not).

For example: a 1/1 at W57, the MF's are $1966 for 7200 points = 27.3 cents a point. This is higher than, for example, the Grand Waikikian in Honolulu, and Hawaii has often been sited as having higher MF's than, let's say, Las Vegas or Orlando. http://hilton-timeshare.timesharebr...ton-west-57th-street-by-hilton-club-5450.html.

Per Vacation Hopeful, some are deposited into RCI, and through personal research, some rooms are rented out through the Hilton hotels website to the general public.

FatPedro

Reaction score
You were talking to a salesperson. They are lying. Period.

We have heard the same or similar lies tons of time here. Go ahead an believe them if you wish, but I would bet any amount that it is a flat-out lie.

Kurt

That I know of, (currently/in the past) one must own at Hilton Club NYC to book Hilton Club. Seems W57 may/will be moving to that same model.

We were offered a trade to the Hilton Club (at a cost of course), which apparently will continue with the past model on the future deeded sales.

The point of sharing this information with fellow Tuggers is to share what we learned. Besides, why let facts get in the way of a good story...? :hysterical:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apparently, those who buy NYC don't trade out often due to the high purchase and MF costs, which kind of makes sense (lie or not).

I believe that completely. The lie is that exchanges won't be allowed.

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
West 57th St. By Hilton Club
They say something different at each sales presentation. They told me they were completely sold out at W 57 when I went to a sales presentation in October '14. They were trying to sell me a unit at Hilton Club NY.

In November of '14 I bought W 57 resale and Hilton did NOT exercise the threatened ROFR.

We all know what they're full of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, we stayed at West 57th St for 5 nites over Memorial Day weekend this year, before heading to the Marriott Aruba Surf Club for a week. It wasn't too hard to get West 57th St, just had to book one day at a time after midnight, but I snatched it. Oh-yeah, great location.
Did you have to pay 5 reservation fees?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Did you have to pay 5 reservation fees?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

No you don't have to pay five reservations fees. You need a changeable reservation, so Just book the first one online, and then call every day to add the additional day.

Since the reservation system won't let you make the changes online, they won't charge you over the phone.