• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NY properties

MelanieB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Side bar: whilst we were at W 57, DH booked us for an owners update. We were informed that when W57 is sold out, that they will be changing the booking system so that ONLY owners at W57 can book there = members not owning W57 will not be able to exchange in any more. The reasoning? The owners there pay a premium (purchase price and MF wise) to own there, so it would be fair to those owners if only those who paid the price, gets to use the facilities.

IMO this doesn't make any sense at all. Once W57 is sold out, Hilton already has their money. What possible incentive would they have to try to "protect the owners' interests" at that point? If they were going to do this, they would do it before selling the units, so that they could use it as a sales driver for that location.

On the other hand, they do have a pretty powerful reason to leave W57 in the system: they have other new locations they are building and selling, and having a NY location available for trade makes it easier for them to market the new locations. Not to mention that arbitrarily changing the rules like that would anger existing owners, hurting their reputation and their brand. I have no doubt that Hilton would take the reputation hit if they felt the pay-off was worth it, but in this case i don't see anything in it for them.

So I'm in agreement with everyone else: most likely a flat-out lie.

Last edited:

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
West 57th St. By Hilton Club
I don't believe they're really sold out. I think there's an ebb and flow of available units for sale. I called their direct sales line and while they initially tried to steer me to purchase Hilton Club NY, once I expressed greater interest in W 57, units, discounts, and generous bonus points were offered to buy at the location that was initially sold out.

Or perhaps they just ROFR a resale when there's an eager buyer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
It's possible both New York locations are technically sold out from a development phases.. i.e. all of the initial intervals have been sold.. but of course HGVC still get units back into inventory via ROFR or when an owner upgrades to a different week or location.

They do offer full credit to owners that purchase something else... Not sure how often that will happen in New York due to its high buy in, but i guess an owner might decide they want to own elsewhere and trade in their week.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Did you have to pay 5 reservation fees?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Only one reservation fee, for the first nite/reservation. Then each nite that you add and additional consecutive nite, your just doing a change to the original reservation and you keep the original reservation number. Pretty easy except for adding each nite after midnight PST (should have been 9:00 PST, which is midnight EST, but didn't work out that way). I'm not a night owl.

No you don't have to pay five reservations fees. You need a changeable reservation, so Just book the first one online, and then call every day to add the additional day.

Since the reservation system won't let you make the changes online, they won't charge you over the phone.

That's not true, at least for West 57th St. I did everything on line, after midnight, after a new reservation day was added, and the TS unit that I wanted was added. If you wait and call HGVC the next day, the unit will probably be gone.

BTW, this is from the rules:
"All Home Resort and Club reservations
booked online using ClubPoints at hgvclub.com
automatically receive changeable
option status and subsequent changes must
be made online. "

Cheers.

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Only one reservation fee, for the first nite/reservation. Then each nite that you add and additional consecutive nite, your just doing a change to the original reservation and you keep the original reservation number. Pretty easy except for adding each nite after midnight PST (should have been 9:00 PST, which is midnight EST, but didn't work out that way). I'm not a night owl.

That's not true, at least for West 57th St. I did everything on line, after midnight, after a new reservation day was added, and the TS unit that I wanted was added. If you wait and call HGVC the next day, the unit will probably be gone.

BTW, this is from the rules:
"All Home Resort and Club reservations
booked online using ClubPoints at hgvclub.com
automatically receive changeable
option status and subsequent changes must
be made online. "

Cheers.

I think I had trouble doing it online, believe i could see the room as available, but could not add it to my reservation, so just called to finish things up.

But your correct, would be better to do it all online if possible.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
I think I had trouble doing it online, believe i could see the room as available, but could not add it to my reservation, so just called to finish things up.

But your correct, would be better to do it all online if possible.
I couldn't see any availability in Classic, had to use Revolution.

I just wish the units that became available each day showed up in Revolution consistently at the same time, each nite. Before I made my reservation, that time would always be about 1 minute (or a few seconds) after midnight EST. At the time I made my reservation that time ranged from midnight PST to about 2 hours later. I wasn't getting much sleep for those 5 days, since I really wanted/needed those reservations. But, availability was there, briefly.

Good Luck,

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
min 3 nights + 1 day at a time?

don't you have to make the first resse a 3 night, and then add one day at a time every day? OR can you just create a 1 night resee and then add 1 day at a time. I thought the minimum has to be 3 nights?

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
West 57th St. By Hilton Club
don't you have to make the first resse a 3 night, and then add one day at a time every day? OR can you just create a 1 night resee and then add 1 day at a time. I thought the minimum has to be 3 nights?

NY is a little different from the rest of the HGVC portfolio. To avoid the house cleaning fee, I believe you must stay a minimum of three nights. However, you can book as little as one night at W 57 St. if you don't mind paying the additional charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: