• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hosed at W. 57th

FatPedro

Reaction score
So, we had been dilligently trying to book at week at W. 57th for the week of Aug 1 to 8.

Everything was going good and then *BAM* from one minute to the next, Aug 6 was sold out!

Well, that sucks. Still going to try for 7th & 8th and probably stay nearby on the 6th, unless there's a sudden cancellation. .*hint8*.

So, if any of you tuggers have an Aug 6, studio at W.57 and are going to cancel, please let me know first so I can grab it. I'd rather not have to move hotels for one day if I can avoid it!

Just needing to vent...

Fatima and Pedro.

P: We how many points?
F: 20,400
P: Should we get more?:rofl:

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Just keep tying at different times during the day & night.

We recently stayed at W57th, May 24th to May 28th (4 nites), in a studio. I went on-line every night after midnight pacific time to book a room, one day/nite at a time.

One night, I could not get a studio, so I booked a 1 bedroom. Later that day, a studio became available, so I booked it along with the 1 bedroom. For some reason, I could not cancel the 1 bedroom and book the studio. I called HGVC, told them about the problem, they didn't charge me, and reimbursed me for the fees. :D

Last edited:

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
West 57th St. By Hilton Club
Did this happen while making the reservation online with Revolution? If so, call HGVC. I have had the same thing happen to me a few times. When I called, the room was available on the date and I was able to make the reservation..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FatPedro

Reaction score
Did this happen while making the reservation online with Revolution? If so, call HGVC. I have had the same thing happen to me a few times. When I called, the room was available on the date and I was able to make the reservation..

Hi Crypt.

Yes, we phone them, but it was definately gone. Checking about every hour now with the hopes that someone cancels.
Feels like I might be :deadhorse:, but you just never know.

Thanks,
Pedro.

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
Be persistent. Plans change and something might very possibly come up. I had to piece together a four night stay there last October by making three individual reservations. I checked online every night at 11:59 pm EST and booked one night at a time at the stroke of midnight each evening, like Ron98GT. It cost a little more, but I was able to do it.

I hope it works out for you.

Last edited:

FatPedro

Reaction score
Be persistent. Plans change and something might very possibly come up. I had to piece together a four night stay there last October by making three individual reservations. I checked online every night at 11:59 pm EST and booked one night at a time at the stroke of midnight each evening, like Ron98GT. It cost a little more, but I was able to do it.

I hope it works out for you.

Well fellow tuggers, persistence has paid off, and we will be at W. 57th for the full 8 nights!

Thanks everyone!

Pedro.

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
Congratulations -- what dates? We will be there 7/31 - 8/3.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Just keep tying at different times during the day & night.

We recently stayed at W57th, May 24th to May 28th (4 nites), in a studio. I went on-line every night after midnight pacific time to book a room, one day/nite at a time.

One night, I could not get a studio, so I booked a 1 bedroom. Later that day, a studio became available, so I booked it along with the 1 bedroom. For some reason, I could not cancel the 1 bedroom and book the studio. I called HGVC, told them about the problem, they didn't charge me, and reimbursed me for the fees. :D

I will be trying to use my sister's HGVC points this way some day in the future. I was under the impression that if I booked one night at a time online, that it would incur the reservation fee each time. Were you able to get the reservation fees reimbursed for each night, or did you have to pay 4 fees?

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
I only had to pay once. I didn't make 4 reservations. I updated the 1st reservation by adding the 2nd nite. Then I updated the 1st reservation to add the 3rd nite, etc. So, it was a one time fee. This is unique to W57th ST and I don't think that it applies to another HGVC property, that I know of. Another thing, you have to use Revolution, not Classic.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I only had to pay once. I didn't make 4 reservations. I updated the 1st reservation by adding the 2nd nite. Then I updated the 1st reservation to add the 3rd nite, etc. So, it was a one time fee. This is unique to W57th ST and I don't think that it applies to another HGVC property, that I know of. Another thing, you have to use Revolution, not Classic.

Thanks for this information. So you were able to do the updates all online? I am new to using my sister's online account, so wasn't aware I could change a reservation online.

tommy1005

Reaction score
so, why does it show dates as unavailable on hgvc, but if I go to hilton.com I can book and pay cash?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
so, why does it show dates as unavailable on hgvc, but if I go to hilton.com I can book and pay cash?

Becuz:
(1) HGVC may own "unsold" inventory which it rents thru Hilton Hotels
.... as we might do with our own TS... Hilton Hotels is their Craigslist.
(2) when a HGV'er converts their HGVC points to HHonors, Hilton Hotels
is compensated with corresponding space at a HGVC resort.