• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

your experience: Wyndham - Presidential Units - general availability at advance booking

RBach

Reaction score
I would greatly-appreciate your sharing any experience and advice on this.

We may buy resale pts to Wyndham, to control booking units in advance on vacations. Up to now our family has stayed in Pres, PReserve, and Deluxe units across Wyndham properties. Those were rentals off of eBay, Airbnb, VRBO, etc. Kinda at the whim of random dates that are available that way (no real control).

As an owner, what has your experience been if you wanted to book a Presidential unit for your vacation ? I'm sure it depends on the property, on demand/ season, but for now more interested in "generally speaking":
* assuming non-PReserve owner
* booked in advance - either you tried at the 13/ 10 month timeframe - or you found something in the 60-day window
* 1~3 BR usually
* particularly Bonnet Creek

Were you successful in booking a (standard) Pres unit, or even a PReserve unit ?

Thanks very much for any help/ insight you can share.

Dani

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I’m a hybrid silver VIP owner. Specifically for Bonnet Creek and speaking of the past couple years, I am almost always able to get at least a Presidential, and often a Presidential Reserve unit, if booking at least 30-60 days out and not during prime season. Bonnet Creek has a large inventory of presidentials so it’s not difficult to find one there. DW is staying in the 4 bedroom Presidential in Majestic Sun this week and we had to book it at the 13 month window last May. We’ve also stayed in Presidentials at La Belle Maison in New Orleans which we booked more than 6 months out. My experience is that, aside from Bonnet Creek, you can find them but you have to be diligent.

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree, we had a 3 bedroom Presidential at Wyndham Canterbury the last week of May. I had no problem booking 10 months out. We needed a very specific week so I went in the day the 10 month window opened and I had my pick. I have been timesharing for many years and my advice, with Wyndham and RCI, is to book as soon as your plans are made. The more desirable the week or the location, the earlier to start looking. We were gifted Bonnet Creek points by another TUG member; because we have school-aged grandchildren and my children love going to Disney for Christmas (not I said this grandmother), I wanted the 13 month window. Aside from Christmas, as Rollytydr, the resort is so big, it has a lot of inventory. As many on the Wyndham Board will tell you, BC is not the best point to cost resort but everyone needs are different. Good luck and have fun!

RBach

Reaction score
I’m a hybrid silver VIP owner. Specifically for Bonnet Creek and speaking of the past couple years, I am almost always able to get at least a Presidential, and often a Presidential Reserve unit, if booking at least 30-60 days out and not during prime season. Bonnet Creek has a large inventory of presidentials so it’s not difficult to find one there. DW is staying in the 4 bedroom Presidential in Majestic Sun this week and we had to book it at the 13 month window last May. We’ve also stayed in Presidentials at La Belle Maison in New Orleans which we booked more than 6 months out. My experience is that, aside from Bonnet Creek, you can find them but you have to be diligent.
Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience. I greatly appreciate the insight. = ) Dani

RBach

Reaction score
I agree, we had a 3 bedroom Presidential at Wyndham Canterbury the last week of May. I had no problem booking 10 months out. We needed a very specific week so I went in the day the 10 month window opened and I had my pick. I have been timesharing for many years and my advice, with Wyndham and RCI, is to book as soon as your plans are made. The more desirable the week or the location, the earlier to start looking. We were gifted Bonnet Creek points by another TUG member; because we have school-aged grandchildren and my children love going to Disney for Christmas (not I said this grandmother), I wanted the 13 month window. Aside from Christmas, as Rollytydr, the resort is so big, it has a lot of inventory. As many on the Wyndham Board will tell you, BC is not the best point to cost resort but everyone needs are different. Good luck and have fun!
Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience. I greatly appreciate the insight. = ) Dani