• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham View From the Balcony

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
From Unit #2632 at Governor's Green

Unit #2632 Balcony.jpg

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
From Unit #2632 at Governor's Green

View attachment 78644
Gorgeous. Is it hot there? We prefer April for the cooler temps, but maybe that would be a good trip with some of our grandkids in summer to stick with school schedules. I cannot take ridiculous heat and humidity.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Gorgeous. Is it hot there? We prefer April for the cooler temps, but maybe that would be a good trip with some of our grandkids in summer to stick with school schedules. I cannot take ridiculous heat and humidity.

Ever been to Disney World in July? It's not quite that bad but it's bad enough. Try late May or early June if that fits school schedules. Otherwise, it's a roll of the dice.

We come here quite often but rarely in mid-summer. Last time we were here for Fourth of July was in 2020 and it was the first place we went after Covid hit in March 2020. I'd been teleworking from home since we got thrown out of the office on March 16. We came down here to test out teleworking from someplace other than home, which turned out to be a success. Like most places, everything indoors was closed (fitness center, billiards room, computer room, etc.). The main pool was open by reservation with two hour intervals -- 90 minutes for patrons, 30 minutes for staff to wipe down. It all seems so silly now, doesn't it?

If you can work it out, Williamsburg is a great little town. So much of early American history took place in this area.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
@chapjim We were there 10 years ago but stayed at the Marriott via exchange. We won't be burning Marriott exchanges for Williamsburg with all of these Wyndham points. Looking forward to staying at Kingsgate or Governor's Green. Didn't really like Patriot's Place when we saw it ourselves during that trip 10 years ago.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@chapjim We were there 10 years ago but stayed at the Marriott via exchange. We won't be burning Marriott exchanges for Williamsburg with all of these Wyndham points. Looking forward to staying at Kingsgate or Governor's Green. Didn't really like Patriot's Place when we saw it ourselves during that trip 10 years ago.

Patriot's Place has an outdoor pool and, almost literally, no other amenities. A fire pit. There is some major construction going on on the other side of the resort. Don't know how much it bothers, if at all. Haven't stayed there in years.

Kingsgate is okay -- lots of activities especially for kids. An amenities fees ($?) covers the arcade games in the big game room. No elevators.

Reaction score
I've stayed allot at Governor's Green. Here's what I've learned. If noise bothers you, request a top floor unit in Building 26. That's as far away as possible from the railroad track that is across the road from the resort entrance. I stayed near the front of the resort and was awaken by trains in the middle of the night. You won't hear anyone above you if you stay on the top floor. They have elevators unlike Kingsgate and there is no activity fee like Kingsgate. Yes it can be hot and humid in May-September.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Ever been to Disney World in July? It's not quite that bad but it's bad enough. Try late May or early June if that fits school schedules. Otherwise, it's a roll of the dice.

We come here quite often but rarely in mid-summer. Last time we were here for Fourth of July was in 2020 and it was the first place we went after Covid hit in March 2020. I'd been teleworking from home since we got thrown out of the office on March 16. We came down here to test out teleworking from someplace other than home, which turned out to be a success. Like most places, everything indoors was closed (fitness center, billiards room, computer room, etc.). The main pool was open by reservation with two hour intervals -- 90 minutes for patrons, 30 minutes for staff to wipe down. It all seems so silly now, doesn't it?

If you can work it out, Williamsburg is a great little town. So much of early American history took place in this area.
The only way to survive WDW in July is to wear a rashguard and swim shorts and just drench yourself in the splash pad next to Dumbo and Mission: Space every chance you get lol.

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
not a balcony but pretty good view Club Wyndham Atlanta

Daniel

Attachments

• IMG_7859.jpeg
    IMG_7859.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 25

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unit 760 at Majestic Sun
1700356606696.png

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Club Wyndham Atlanta, room 911 (no balcony though):
IMG_8042.jpeg

IMG_8045.jpeg

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unit 2444 at Panama City Beach

PCB2.jpg
PCB3.jpg
PCB1.jpg

The next morning -- rain and a misty fog. No horizon.

PCB4.jpg

Last edited:

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Somewhat Disappointing balcony from unit 233 ?Worldmark? Grand Palms Resort (I thought it was Wyndham when I rented it from a TUGger, but then again the check in people seemed a bit confused too.

CR5_9799small.JPG
CR5_9798small.JPG

Just construction in both directions. Then again, the only thing anyone is needing to use the balcony for is so my mom can go out and smoke so that's not too bad.

I don't want to give too much of my review away, but they could use more sound deadening here.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Limetree Building A.jpg

Limetree Beach Resort by Club Wyndham - studio loft 203 in building A

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've stayed allot at Governor's Green. Here's what I've learned. If noise bothers you, request a top floor unit in Building 26. That's as far away as possible from the railroad track that is across the road from the resort entrance. I stayed near the front of the resort and was awaken by trains in the middle of the night. You won't hear anyone above you if you stay on the top floor. They have elevators unlike Kingsgate and there is no activity fee like Kingsgate. Yes it can be hot and humid in May-September.

Actually, Buildings 24 and 26 are the closest to the entrance and railroad tracks. See my Post #126 -- photo taken from Bldg. 26.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Somewhat Disappointing balcony from unit 233 ?Worldmark? Grand Palms Resort (I thought it was Wyndham when I rented it from a TUGger, but then again the check in people seemed a bit confused too.

Just construction in both directions. Then again, the only thing anyone is needing to use the balcony for is so my mom can go out and smoke so that's not too bad.

I don't want to give too much of my review away, but they could use more sound deadening here.
Wow. Maybe we need to start a thread for terrible views from the balcony. That photo just might win a competition.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow. Maybe we need to start a thread for terrible views from the balcony. That photo just might win a competition.
Not a bad idea.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We can't wait to go back. How is the Wifi in building A?
I paid for the enhanced WiFi service as I had some stuff to do for work. It was about 10 MB/sec.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not a bad idea.
This thread is just views from the balcony, they can be good or bad. I actually wish more people would share the bad views. It gives us a bit better perspective and may set expectations better. This isn't just a brag thread.

Last edited: