• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Rewards Visa Refund

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 154k & Bali Hai 105k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HVC South Bend 1/1
@dgalati How often do you call Wyndham? I wonder if they have notes on me such as, “cheap, “makes outrageous demands,” “just say you will help him and the phone call will end.” ;)

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
@dgalati How often do you call Wyndham? I wonder if they have notes on me such as, “cheap, “makes outrageous demands,” “just say you will help him and the phone call will end.” ;)
Not much any more. About 3 years ago when the new system was rolled out it was almost daily. Hours on hold, I was to persistent to hang up. From use year alignment to the way deeds transferred with all points. It use to be you could pick and choose what deeds points were used from. Then sell deeds with all or no points. New system all points in one bucket changed everything when I had a few transferring out. Deeds sell with all points reservations cancel blah blah blah. They did help out first 6 months on a lot of issues I encountered.

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
I always wondered why my Concierge reception sheet had special marks on them! And the sheets the greeters bring with them! I think I even saw WOW one time on the sheet the greeter had! I thought it was Wyndham something. And I asked what these special notations meant! They said it was some Wyndham stamp!
These sleazy bastards were doing an FBI 302 on us every time! Amazing! They were customizing a hologram for me every time like in that Star Trek episode? I had this beautiful Ukrainian woman greet us at Nat Harbor!
But they ruined their game by bringing in a pompous jerk right after! Then another jerk and finally the team Captain, the manager of the entire outfit! Damn, I was a marked man!:(
Psych Ops! I have to admire them though if they really have such advanced techniques and careful planning to achieve their goals! I would do exactly the same if that was my profession and I had their skills! But I am glad it's not and I don't! But I like their Machiavellian techniques! Goal-orientation at its best!:) But, now that I know their methods, in the future, it will be easier to defeat them!

Last edited:

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
@TheHolleys87 Apologies for getting to this now, as I was hanging out with the wife, kid, and dog the past three days.
Apologies for not being clear. I didn’t mean the comment to be negative, but more jealous and acknowledging Wyndham’s flaws.

It’s awesome DVC has great resale value at about 50 percent of developer value and that DVC owners can express their happiness, unlike Wyndham owners who scrap for everything. I still have to call wyndham weekly.

I think it’s great DVC and MVC TS owners are very happy and treat their owners well, unlike Wyndham. Sorry for the unclear language.
I apologize too - after reading Jan’s post I began to realize I may have reacted too quickly to what I thought was a string of posts complaining about emojis. I have (ahem) set more than one TUGGER to Ignore, and I’m beginning to notice that I’m not always getting full understanding of discussions.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I apologize too - after reading Jan’s post I began to realize I may have reacted too quickly to what I thought was a string of posts complaining about emojis. I have (ahem) set more than one TUGGER to Ignore, and I’m beginning to notice that I’m not always getting full understanding of discussions.

You aren't the only one having difficulty following the discussions and I don't have anyone on my ignore list at this time! I wasn't sure who was being accused of using too many emojis and who was complaining about it. And I honestly didn't care. I just figured Grammarhero had learned enough on the threads by now to know that DVC is in a class by itself and wouldn't be knocking those owners for expressing their happiness with what they own and their vacations. We don't own DVC but even though I have legitimate complaints about the Wyndham website and a few other things we are happy with what we own and our vacations even though what we own has virtually no resale value. :cheer:

We were gone for 23 days with our Hawaii trip and I got really backed up on following the threads. I've been making an effort to catch up but I'm finding it a bit overwhelming trying to get through all the posts to get to the heart of many of the threads.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does WBC compare with DVC resorts?

Jan did a great job on some of the basic differences. When you say 'compare', are you asking about cost, level of accommodations, ease of use, or something else? You need to be more specific as to cover them all would be a book.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Jan did a great job on some of the basic differences. When you say 'compare', are you asking about cost, level of accommodations, ease of use, or something else? You need to be more specific as to cover them all would be a book.

In an overall, holistic sense. But if @Jan M. writes a book, I will read it. She is one of the few on this BBS whose posts are very apropos to the topic at hand or questions posed. Elegantly written in complete sentences without affronting the grammarians and spelling bees! I always look forward to reading her helpful posts. English teacher, perhaps?

While on the subject of writing well, this is a written forum after all and without the 280 character limitation of Twitter. So, I wonder why some people treat it as a verbal conversation with back and forth resulting in multiple posts when one would do (vide: @chapjim's admonition on another thread). One-liner interjections are great if they are funny! And with at least a shred of connection to the topic. But, otherwise, they serve no purpose!

Just what I have observed since becoming a TUGger! See something; say something! So, I saw; I have said it!

Veni, vidi, dici!;)

Last edited:

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
In an overall, holistic sense

I'm not sure anyone can answer in that overall sense as the comments will simply be skewed to that person's individual situation.

I, my family and friends have all stayed at both locations along with Marriott and HGVC in the WDW area. Each of us would have specific comparison thoughts. My son and his family will be at BC over NY's and his friends at Wyn Cypress Palms.

IMHO Wyn BC has the nicest rooms available, for the lowest average cost. However, this is probably the 5th or 6th choice in the pecking order for me. If visiting the Disney, DVC at any location can't be beat for the logistical advantages. (Not the most luxurious, but who cares, we're there to do Disney). But we pay dearly for those advantages compared to all other choices.

Once I get past the luxury, BC fails b/c of the typical parking issues, lack of good on-site food choices, and a few other pain points. It's a planned excursion just to get to a grocery for basics. If not Disney, I would rather head just a few miles down the road to Wyn Star Island or the HGVC resorts. Grocery and restaurants almost within walking distance. Easy check in/out, park in front of your building.

Of course, YMMV

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not sure anyone can answer in that overall sense as the comments will simply be skewed to that person's individual situation.

Once I get past the luxury, BC fails b/c of the typical parking issues, lack of good on-site food choices, and a few other pain points. It's a planned excursion just to get to a grocery for basics. If not Disney, I would rather head just a few miles down the road to Wyn Star Island or the HGVC resorts. Grocery and restaurants almost within walking distance. Easy check in/out, park in front of your building.

Of course, YMMV

Very important points! We like to get groceries and make use of the kitchen! I haven't been Orlando in 19 years! But Disney has lost all its magic for me! It's a tiresome way to spend your day!:( I prefer nature to make-believe magic!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very important points! We like to get groceries and make use of the kitchen! I haven't been Orlando in 19 years! But Disney has lost all its magic for me! It's a tiresome way to spend your day!:( I prefer nature to make-believe magic!
You want nature book Portland then travel across border north into Washington state. The Columbia Gorge area and mount St Helens areas are great for hiking and and some beautiful sightseeing.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 154k & Bali Hai 105k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HVC South Bend 1/1
Well this post got hijacked lol! Just an update. I got the refund on my Wyndham Rewards Visa and closed the account 10 days after signing the contract. So everything is great! Thanks for the help!
Congrats. Go out and celebrate.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well this post got hijacked lol! Just an update. I got the refund on my Wyndham Rewards Visa and closed the account 10 days after signing the contract. So everything is great! Thanks for the help!
Great! Learn the system and find a way to make it work for your situation. Many on here find VIP works great for them, others say buy resale only and a few have found renting from VIP owners when needed works best for them.