• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Maintenance fees should they be paid if you're not able to book reservations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
On just the property and not the vslue of house that burnt down. Now if I rebuild a identicle new house it will be taxed at a much higher rate. Thank you for you thoughts and input also.
Yes, I know that. It happened to my bff.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Didn’t sound like it in your previous post. Like the other thread & my previous post here, nonsense & I’m done.

PS. I do pay over $3k a month in MFs & this thread is still NONSENSE
Your opinion is appreciated and has been noted twice but is counted only once in my survey.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I total a car do I keep paying on it?
Yes, you do if it isn't insured or if it is insured and you owe more on it than the insurance values it at.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
If they don't find medicine that will allow the working class to go back to working and we hit a global depression, I'm personally defaulting. The few that they are experimenting with look promising enough to allow us to go back to work within a few weeks. But since 20% of known cases require hospitalization/oxygen , there will be a lot of us that won't be paying our MF either through job loss or death. That's the real reason why everything is shut down. If we go past the capacity of hospitals, 20% of people will die if they can't get oxygen and 7% of people will die if they can't get a ventilator. Only 1% die with oxygen and ventilators. That's why Italy's death toll is so high, they are literally not letting anyone 70 or above use a ventilator.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Thats great if this stops April 18th. What happens if this carries on until late fall? Just grin and bear it?

That's right. I'll just think of all the points I'll have next year and have a big ol' grin. Actually, if it carries on only to late fall, I'll be fine because that's when I made all the reservations from this spring's canceled points -- November and December.

And, If it goes on longer than that, I'll do what I did this spring -- cancel a million points, push them off to 2021. And I still have 1.5 million points on reservations this spring and early summer. I could have 7 million points next year!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Just asking. If all resorts are closed and no reservations can be booked why pay for something that you cant use?

That's always an alternative. Just quit paying if you feel that strongly about it. So far, you're all alone on this one.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's always an alternative. Just quit paying if you feel that strongly about it. So far, you're all alone on this one.
It’s too late for dgalati to stop paying MFs, they’re not even an owner.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Results are in. Many owners feel its ok to pay maintenance fees even if all resorts are closed and no reservations are being taken.
I am new to this so bear with me.
What occurred throughout the entire use year?
Were no reservations available the entire year?
Can the points be rolled over to next year?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
If you can not use your points, push them forward to future use years. For an annual use year with no VIP standing do so by March 31st.
Exactly this. We have our "big" vacation planned for early June (booked at 10 months), and I have no idea what will be happening at this point. I know my options are to cancel now and push those points to 2021 before March 31, or hold onto it and potentially have to deposit to RCI if we need to cancel (either due to external conditions or our choice involving limiting exposure to my mother-in-law in her late 70s). I would be pleased if Wyndham allows for points deposit after the deadline if travel continues to be restricted through mid-year, but I know how my ownership works and what my options will be if current policies remain in place. I can still use my points in some way, even if it's not ideal.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Exactly this. We have our "big" vacation planned for early June (booked at 10 months), and I have no idea what will be happening at this point. I know my options are to cancel now and push those points to 2021 before March 31, or hold onto it and potentially have to deposit to RCI if we need to cancel (either due to external conditions or our choice involving limiting exposure to my mother-in-law in her late 70s). I would be pleased if Wyndham allows for points deposit after the deadline if travel continues to be restricted through mid-year, but I know how my ownership works and what my options will be if current policies remain in place. I can still use my points in some way, even if it's not ideal.

If all your June 2020 travel dates and unit(s) are still available and it’s now within 90 days of when your travel begins, you can:

1. cancel the June 2020 reservation booked with 2020 calendar year points
2. Points Deposit Forward (PDF) the 2020 calendar year points into 2021
3. Rebook your June 2020 reservation dates and borrow from your 2021 calendar use year.

I think the only downside to this besides paying the PDF transaction fee is the pull ahead of 2021 points into June 2020 MAY reduce your 2021 PDF points eligibility if the June 2020 vacation is used or rented.

I don’t know if borrowing 2021 points for a June 2020 reservation can be taken from your 2021 PDF points vs your 2021 regular use year points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lets hope Wyndham allows some flexability on points deposit after the deadline. Unfortunately Wyndham is in a jam on how to take care of owners fairly. I beleve they will do the right thing as they did with returning points on canceled trips inside the 15 day period.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they don't find medicine that will allow the working class to go back to working and we hit a global depression, I'm personally defaulting. The few that they are experimenting with look promising enough to allow us to go back to work within a few weeks. But since 20% of known cases require hospitalization/oxygen , there will be a lot of us that won't be paying our MF either through job loss or death. That's the real reason why everything is shut down. If we go past the capacity of hospitals, 20% of people will die if they can't get oxygen and 7% of people will die if they can't get a ventilator. Only 1% die with oxygen and ventilators. That's why Italy's death toll is so high, they are literally not letting anyone 70 or above use a ventilator.
These are fairly accurate numbers. Anyone that is not self isolating is risking not only their health and well being but everone elses around them. If they become infected how many do they expose to this virus because they are not self isolating?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s too late for dgalati to stop paying MFs, they’re not even an owner.
Correct I have no commitment to monthly maintenance fees at this time. I made a decision to exit the ownership and will continue renting as needed. I have a feeling rental prices will continue to be a good value compared to owning and paying maintenance fees. Owners will be pushing points into next year or depositing into RCI if reservations cannot be made.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's right. I'll just think of all the points I'll have next year and have a big ol' grin. Actually, if it carries on only to late fall, I'll be fine because that's when I made all the reservations from this spring's canceled points -- November and December.

And, If it goes on longer than that, I'll do what I did this spring -- cancel a million points, push them off to 2021. And I still have 1.5 million points on reservations this spring and early summer. I could have 7 million points next year!
With your example above there maybe a larger inventory of points available for rental next year. I believe this supply of additional points along with a recession will result in rental prices at or below the current cost of paying maintenance fees. Supply vs Demand has crushed oil prices. Who would have thought gas prices would be at a $1 in their life time again?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
You better believe it. If you have a loan on that car the bank still gave you the money and wants it back.
Ok fair enough. What about a lease car that is totaled? Lets assume gap insurance is included in lease payment and it was a sign and drive with no out of pocket$ up front?

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
If I total a car do I keep paying on it?

Actually - yes. If you total your car or your house burns down, you are still on the hook for anything owing on the car or house. If your leased vehicle breaks down and it takes 2 month to have it repaired, you still have to make lease payments for those months you had no use of the vehicle.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
No actually I don't pay any maintenance fees at the moment. I don't like the commitment. Very slim chance maintenance fees are lowered by this event. Just asking for opinnions on what Would be fair if this continues on thru summer and into fall.
Since you’re not a Wyndham owner, why start this thread only in the Wyndham forum?
Why don’t you start a similar thread in all of the different TS systems Forum?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Correct I have no commitment to monthly maintenance fees at this time. I made a decision to exit the ownership

Play nice..

Dude, the other people who are actually owners are telling you this isn't a good time to be playing your games with trying to stir things up!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If all your June 2020 travel dates and unit(s) are still available and it’s now within 90 days of when your travel begins, you can:

1. cancel the June 2020 reservation booked with 2020 calendar year points
2. Points Deposit Forward (PDF) the 2020 calendar year points into 2021
3. Rebook your June 2020 reservation dates and borrow from your 2021 calendar use year.

Unfortunately, the reason I booked our unit at 10 months is because I needed to - it's a 4BR at Ocean Ridge and hasn't been available for months. My chances of catching it returning after cancellation are close to zero, though if I do decide to just let it go before 3/31, I may check availability for a few days afterwards just in case. If the same unit was available now, I could do #3 first because I have plenty of 2021 points available, then do #1 and 2.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, the reason I booked our unit at 10 months is because I needed to - it's a 4BR at Ocean Ridge and hasn't been available for months. My chances of catching it returning after cancellation are close to zero, though if I do decide to just let it go before 3/31, I may check availability for a few days afterwards just in case. If the same unit was available now, I could do #3 first because I have plenty of 2021 points available, then do #1 and 2.
Paxsarah hope all works out for you. Main thing is get through the virus healthy and everything else will work out.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paxsarah hopecit all works out for you. Main thing is get through the virus healthy and everything else will work out.

Absolutely. The main thing I'm going to have to manage is a little disappointment. My 14yo was more looking forward to this sleepy beach trip with extended family than the trip to Disney we just finished. But I'm mostly concerned about my mother-in-law's health who would be coming with us in June. I told my husband we're probably just best off booking the exact same trip for 2021, and play everything by ear between now and then.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. The main thing I'm going to have to manage is a little disappointment. My 14yo was more looking forward to this sleepy beach trip with extended family than the trip to Disney we just finished. But I'm mostly concerned about my mother-in-law's health who would be coming with us in June. I told my husband we're probably just best off booking the exact same trip for 2021, and play everything by ear between now and then.
I agree with your positive take on the circumstances.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I am disappointed that my Wyndham account is going to have a lot of points at the end of the year, but I am hoping to deposit some into RCI, so at least I will have some other opportunities outside of Wyndham. Can I deposit points to II? I love II. I am Club Wyndham Plus, or whatever that is called. I am platinum.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am disappointed that my Wyndham account is going to have a lot of points at the end of the year, but I am hoping to deposit some into RCI, so at least I will have some other opportunities outside of Wyndham. Can I deposit points to II? I love II. I am Club Wyndham Plus, or whatever that is called. I am platinum.
Contact me if you have extra RCI points available. RCI gives you many other great options outside of the Wyndham resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.