• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Maintenance fees should they be paid if you're not able to book reservations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Wyndham shuts resorts and and stops taking reservations will they also give owners a rebate on maintenance fees? What is the fair thing to do? I have my opinion they should but I am interested in what others have to say. Also will they extend current use year points if they extend not taking reservations past 4/18?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's like saying you shouldn't pay maintenance fees if the resort you want to book a reservation at has no availability during the timeframe you want to travel. The answer is, pay your maintenance fees. If you don't other owners will be forced to pay them for you.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Wyndham shuts resorts and and stops taking reservations will they also give owners a rebate on maintenance fees? What is the fair thing to do? I have my opinion they should but I am interested in what others have to say. Also will they extend current use year points if they extend not taking reservations past 4/18?
Nonsense

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Really? If Im paying $2500-3000 a month in maintenance fees and I can't make a reservation in your words it nonsense.

Carry it forward to 2021 and stop complaining. I cancelled a million points two days ago and have them all on new reservations except for 50,250.

Edit: Booked the 50,250 and had to borrow 15,000 from 2021.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

The fair thing to do also happens to be the required thing -- pay the maintenance fees. Nobody guaranteed you exactly what you want. I don't think you're getting a lot of sympathy on this one.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Really? If Im paying $2500-3000 a month in maintenance fees and I can't make a reservation in your words it nonsense.

It seems that you're attempting to insinuate that you pay maintenance fees in that range but from what you've posted your maintenance fees are either non existent or minimal by comparison.

If by some remote chance you don't already know this then I will explain. All of the maintenance fees with the exception of the program fees go to the resorts to cover the operating expenses. Our resorts still have expenses whether or not they are open during this time. However those expenses should be lower with the resorts that are closed. Hopefully some of us can expect to see a reduction in our 2021 maintenance fees as a result of the closings.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Hmmm, I'm often not able to trade back into my home resort (which is an independent). Does this mean I shouldn't pay maintenance fees for those years? :rolleyes:

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
If a resort is not usable because of storm damage, the mf still has to be paid and possibly an assessment.

If your house is not livable, the expenses still need to be paid.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
No sympathy from me on this.

Wyndham, even with the changes to the programme, is still an extremely flexible system.

If you can not use your points, push them forward to future use years. For an annual use year with no VIP standing do so by March 31st. Why would you ever expect a rebate on MF, the running expenses continue coronus virus or not.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carry it forward to 2021 and stop complaining. I cancelled a million points two days ago and have them all on new reservations except for 50,250.

Edit: Booked the 50,250 and had to borrow 15,000 from 2021.
Thats great if this stops April 18th. What happens if this carries on until late fall? Just grin and bear it?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's like saying you shouldn't pay maintenance fees if the resort you want to book a reservation at has no availability during the timeframe you want to travel. The answer is, pay your maintenance fees. If you don't other owners will be forced to pay them for you.
Just asking. If all resorts are closed and no reservations can be booked why pay for something that you cant use?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
If a resort is not usable because of storm damage, the mf still has to be paid and possibly an assessment.

If your house is not livable, the expenses still need to be paid.
If I total a car do I keep paying on it?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems that you're attempting to insinuate that you pay maintenance fees in that range but from what you've posted your maintenance fees are either non existent or minimal by comparison.

If by some remote chance you don't already know this then I will explain. All of the maintenance fees with the exception of the program fees go to the resorts to cover the operating expenses. Our resorts still have expenses whether or not they are open during this time. However those expenses should be lower with the resorts that are closed. Hopefully some of us can expect to see a reduction in our 2021 maintenance fees as a result of the closings.
No actually I don't pay any maintenance fees at the moment. I don't like the commitment. Very slim chance maintenance fees are lowered by this event. Just asking for opinnions on what Would be fair if this continues on thru summer and into fall.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)

You better believe it. If you have a loan on that car the bank still gave you the money and wants it back.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
No actually I don't pay any maintenance fees at the moment. I don't like the commitment. Very slim chance maintenance fees are lowered by this event. Just asking for opinnions on what Would be fair if this carry on thru summer and into fall.
No skin in the game but that sure didn’t stop your negativity. So why start this thread when it has ZERO impact on you!!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
No skin in the game but that sure didn’t stop your negativity. So why start this thread when it has ZERO impact on you!!
Looking for input. What can Wyndham can do to lessen the impact on owners. Especially the ones still paying for developer purchases along side the maintenance fees.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm often not able to trade back into my home resort (which is an independent). Does this mean I shouldn't pay maintenance fees for those years? :rolleyes:
If no reservations are being taken why have to pay maintenance fees for a product that is not available. Why did Wyndam adjust and give back points on vacations that didn't have points protection? It was the right thing to do most said!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are You the same guy that recieved points back on a cancelled reservation with no points protection?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are You the same guy that recieved points back on a cancelled reservation with no points protection?
I’d say Wyndham did right by the owners. Tell me how Wyndham screwed the owners on this one. EH doesn’t have the reservations either!lol

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’d say Wyndham did right by the owners. Tell me how Wyndham screwed the owners on this one. EH doesn’t have the reservations either!lol
It was the right thing to do and I applaud Wyndham for doing it.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
If your house burns down do you keep making the house payments and property taxes? You bet you do. You just hope your insurance covers the cost of the house. But you'll still be paying the property taxes.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your house burns down do you keep making the house payments and property taxes? You bet you do. You just hope your insurance covers the cost of the house. But you'll still be paying the property taxes.
On just the property and not the vslue of house that burnt down. Now if I rebuild a identicle new house it will be taxed at a much higher rate. Thank you for you thoughts and input also.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was the right thing to do and I applaud Wyndham for doing it.
Didn’t sound like it in your previous post. Like the other thread & my previous post here, nonsense & I’m done.

PS. I do pay over $3k a month in MFs & this thread is still NONSENSE

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Results are in. Many owners feel its ok to pay maintenance fees even if all resorts are closed and no reservations are being taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.