• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham contract expired and maintenance fees went up? Who should I call?

Reaction score
If you purchase a CWA contract that is points only based, the closing is faster as there is NO underlying deeded contract, just trust points.
Not true any longer from my experience, I just added 2 small contracts to add additional family members. CWA - is taking Wyndham 10-14 weeks to send out the docusign that must be processed in series to all sellers and then to all buyers. This can easily take a couple of weeks if a contract had 2-4 names and new will have 2-4 names. Then once all approve, it goes back in the hopper for another 10-14 weeks to get processed. The title company on my deeded acquisition was fast, had the title update in 3 weeks. Then off to Wyndham for 10-14 weeks.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you purchase a CWA contract that is points only based, the closing is faster as there is NO underlying deeded contract, just trust points.
Definately considering this. I would like a 200,000 CWA contract to add names to and get 13 month reservations.

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any and all of us who own Club Destin will experience the same issue. Wyndham chose July 31 as the date they are removing all Club Destin contracts. Thank you Wyndham for allowing us to pay for 7 months of MF and then removing the contracts and the points from our accounts. And, yes, this removes owner names for me. I called the "dedicated" number and was told Wyndham will provide no help. With less than 2 months notice, that is not enough time to "allow" us to add those names to another contract before traveling at the end of Oct. Plus the cost to update the deed, and the $399 to Wyndham. I sure wish I could edit the "Wyndham cares" to "Wyndham does not care".

So, I don't own at Club Destin though last year they changed my ownership so that it appeared that I owned at Club Destin. Now that contract is showing 0 points.

I called in and they have come back that BAY CLUB and BAY CLUB II are both part of Club Destin hence they are gone as well (although they are both still showing as available to book.)

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
So, I don't own at Club Destin though last year they changed my ownership so that it appeared that I owned at Club Destin. Now that contract is showing 0 points.

I called in and they have come back that BAY CLUB and BAY CLUB II are both part of Club Destin hence they are gone as well (although they are both still showing as available to book.)
You definitely need to find someone at Wyndham who knows what they're talking about. Club Destin was an affiliate resort, while Bay Club and Bay Club II are Club Wyndham and even have inventory in CWA.

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
You definitely need to find someone at Wyndham who knows what they're talking about. Club Destin was an affiliate resort, while Bay Club and Bay Club II are Club Wyndham and even have inventory in CWA.

Yes and they still say that both Bay Club and Bay Club II are part of Club Destin, even though when I called the number for Club Destin that Wyndham provided, they denied that Bay Club and Bay Club II are associated with Club Destin.

So it seems to me that they have pilfered one of my deeds, reducing my VIP. This began last year when they changed the name of the resort on my ownership from Bay Club to Club Destin. Luckily I'll be seeing my attorney in about a week.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone who posted suggestions etc. It’s so funny how things change over the years. For so many years I was absolutely Wyndham crazy acquiring resale associate contracts whenever I could get one free. I had over 1,600,000 points and still had to borrow from the next year to get all the reservations I needed. Wonderful things happened with my accout I didn’t even ask for. Customer service was always helpful and polite. Got great trades with RCI. It was a fantastic few years lol. Then things started changing contracts expire, resales are split from developer, VIP levels change, ban on renting. RCI exchange fees have become ridiculous with so many resort charging resort fees. What was once a very enjoyable hobby for me has turned into a PITA. I would rather take a bullet than call Wyndham customer service( maybe less caffeine). Not certain how many points I even own any longer lol. Finally I got myself in the right frame of mind to make a long call to Wyndham customer service while we were on VaCa. Bam no cell service in the canyon(not Wyndhams fault) I understand in my mind you have to take the bad with the good. I’ve been retired for 8 years and you would think my patience level should be higher unfortunately that is not the case. Thanks for reading my whiny post. This is a word of caution for new timeshare owners buy one program at a time and give yourself a few years before you purchase another.