• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham contract expired and maintenance fees went up? Who should I call?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a 300,000 pt contract expire with Wyndham end of June. This is crazy in so many ways.

1) My monthly maintenance fees got higher than the prior 2 months

2) I have been paying my maintenance fees monthly for many years. The contract expired June 30, but Wyndham realigned my contract to all be January use year date. When the contract expired Wyndham deducted 300,000 VIP points from my account. Plus gave me a negative 75,000 balance on VIP points which meant the next time I cancelled a reservation made with developer points those 75,000 pts were also deducted from my points balance. Which means I paid full maintenance fees for 6 months but lost 300,000 pts I paid on.

3)When this contract expired 2 of my owners dropped off of my Wyndham account. Both family members. Can I get these names added back to my account without paying Wyndham to do so?

Looking for suggestions of the best department to call to inquire about this so I don’t have to pull my hair out while getting the information.

TIA

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow 118 people have read this post but no one has any suggestions on what departments to contact? That seems so unusual.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Contact Title.

I am dealing with some serious Title issues currently. Wyndham is a huge company, and you wouldn't think they would single out an owner but they are punishing us by taking the kids all off of our ownerships, and they are on almost every deed, they were only left off of the one we bought direct to convert our Bali Hai/ Shearwater weeks.

We have a case #. The result of this punishment is that I have to add the kids as guests, and of course blockout dates apply to the kids in places that we planned to go, like Glacier Canyon.

And to make matters even worse, Wyndham has me listed on just one contract in each of our accounts. Rick's name is the only one listed on all of the contracts. The deeds should be honored.

I really find Wyndham to be a greedy, villainous, deceitful company. Salespeople at the resorts are scum. I don't know how they can live with themselves. Slimy snakes.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
For relative novices like myself, what does it mean when a contract expires?
Did you give it back to Wyndham, sell it, etc?

As far as shifting the use year - when Wyndham shifted mine from March 31 to Dec 31 someone on here suggested I call owner care to complain about paying fees for 9 months for nothing.
Owner care was able to compensate me somewhat with a July Myrtle Beach vacation, and the points I had already used did not become a negative balance.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
What contract expired? We had some Kingsgate that were supposed to hit the sunset clause this next year (we gave them away), and I don't know if that will happen to the new owners. That could be terrible to take over a contract and just lose it like that. Of course, it's deeded real estate. I don't know how that works. These were converted years ago, before we bought the contracts in 2008. We had to pay a special assessment for each one back then.

When I typed the deeds, I typed in the sunset date as had been done before. I assume Wyndham will let people know what's going on with that sunset clause. We don't own those anymore, so we wouldn't hear anything.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I don't have any contracts that expire, I don't know where those contracts would be. So no comments because I am scratching my head. Where did you own that the ownership expired, El Cid is the only one I can think of that was RTU, but I thought those were already gone.

As other have said Title is an obvious choice.

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
Contact Title.

I am dealing with some serious Title issues currently. Wyndham is a huge company, and you wouldn't think they would single out an owner but they are punishing us by taking the kids all off of our ownerships, and they are on almost every deed, they were only left off of the one we bought direct to convert our Bali Hai/ Shearwater weeks.

And to make matters even worse, Wyndham has me listed on just one contract in each of our accounts. Rick's name is the only one listed on all of the contracts. The deeds should be honored.
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have any contracts that expire, I don't know where those contracts would be. So no comments because I am scratching my head. Where did you own that the ownership expired, El Cid is the only one I can think of that was RTU, but I thought those were already gone.

Nope El Cid were the ownerships that expired. I had 6. I have one remaining.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
For relative novices like myself, what does it mean when a contract expires?
Did you give it back to Wyndham, sell it, etc?

As far as shifting the use year - when Wyndham shifted mine from March 31 to Dec 31 someone on here suggested I call owner care to complain about paying fees for 9 months for nothing.
Owner care was able to compensate me somewhat with a July Myrtle Beach vacation, and the points I had already used did not become a negative balance.
These were what was called associate resort contracts and the El Cid resorts in Mexico had expiration dates on them.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score

Title might be the obvious choice for the name family name issues. I don’t think they will handle the maintenance fee or use year issues, but if you think so I’ll definitely give that dept a call. I guess I was looking for the not obvious numbers to contact.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
When they first started aligning contracts they gave out points to make up for it. That was several years ago. There stance for the last 3 years has been you can open a ticket but in almost all cases they will conclude that you are owed nothing. Once they come to that conclusion, I don't think they are reversing the decision or listening to any other input on the subject. Maybe constant complaining may get you somewhere but I wouldn't count on it.

If you don't have those family members on any other deeds, you will have to pay to get them on a new deed. There is no work around for that.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???
Wyndham punitive actions. This is a big corporation that picks on the little guy. I am trying to abide by their rules, but they make it tough to use the points.

My name being left off of all but one contract in each account is really outrageous. I was right there with Rick when we signed on the dotted line to convert these PAHIO weeks to Wyndham points. To leave my name off of anything is unbelievable.

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any and all of us who own Club Destin will experience the same issue. Wyndham chose July 31 as the date they are removing all Club Destin contracts. Thank you Wyndham for allowing us to pay for 7 months of MF and then removing the contracts and the points from our accounts. And, yes, this removes owner names for me. I called the "dedicated" number and was told Wyndham will provide no help. With less than 2 months notice, that is not enough time to "allow" us to add those names to another contract before traveling at the end of Oct. Plus the cost to update the deed, and the $399 to Wyndham. I sure wish I could edit the "Wyndham cares" to "Wyndham does not care".
@jules54 Why your MF increased is a mystery. Log into Paymentus. Select "Bill History". Scroll down to Nov 18, 2023. This will show how you started the year. At that point, I think you will need to call Financial Services to see why it increased.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any and all of us who own Club Destin will experience the same issue. Wyndham chose July 31 as the date they are removing all Club Destin contracts. Thank you Wyndham for allowing us to pay for 7 months of MF and then removing the contracts and the points from our accounts. And, yes, this removes owner names for me. I called the "dedicated" number and was told Wyndham will provide no help. With less than 2 months notice, that is not enough time to "allow" us to add those names to another contract before traveling at the end of Oct. Plus the cost to update the deed, and the $399 to Wyndham. I sure wish I could edit the "Wyndham cares" to "Wyndham does not care".
@jules54 Why your MF increased is a mystery. Log into Paymentus. Select "Bill History". Scroll down to Nov 18, 2023. This will show how you started the year. At that point, I think you will need to call Financial Services to see why it increased.
Thank you for your post. I know I’m not the only one Wyndham has screwed over but it’s still a relief to read of others sharing the same pain. When my contracts expire I get no notice the points simply disappear.

You still have your contract for Club Destin but they will no longer be affiliated with Wyndham points?

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Destin - correct. They revert back to fixed weeks. I've not dug into the details yet.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Conversion contracts have a number of events that can lead to the week being withdrawn from the Club Wyndham points program—and some are at the discretion of Wyndham. And if a withdrawn conversion is the only place some co-owners are named in an account, then they are no longer properly co-owners.

There may be other errors with the OP’s account, but losing those points and the co-owner names are probably not among them.

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
Understood, yet it is Wyndham's timing that causes so many issues. For Destin, they chose July 31, which means we pay MF for 7 months and then the points are pulled. Plus, they provided less than 2 months notice which does not allow time to take action. @jules54 did not get any notice.

For me personally, that is $902 in MF. $300 to LT. $399 to Wyndham. Total = $1601 Not insignificant.

Plus time and effort to add those names to another contract. 6 weeks and $300 to have LT update the deed. 16 weeks and $399 to Wyndham. That is 22 weeks, therefore 3-5 months when we will need to use guest certificates because of course that owner name has a trip planned without any other owners.

Should "Wyndham care":
--They would have provided 3-4 months notice.
--They would provide a 7/12 points adjustment.
--They would waive the $399 fee, and rush the change.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder when this will happen with Angel Fire? Still own that one, ridiculously low MF's.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
which means we pay MF for 7 months and then the points are pulled.
But you'd be paying the MF on the underlying property anyway. The only extra costs are the program fees on those points.

I will be in a similar position once KBV finally winds down, and I expect the same thing to happen. We are going to try hard to make sure we use points earlier rather than later each year.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Understood, yet it is Wyndham's timing that causes so many issues. For Destin, they chose July 31, which means we pay MF for 7 months and then the points are pulled. Plus, they provided less than 2 months notice which does not allow time to take action. @jules54 did not get any notice.

For me personally, that is $902 in MF. $300 to LT. $399 to Wyndham. Total = $1601 Not insignificant.

Plus time and effort to add those names to another contract. 6 weeks and $300 to have LT update the deed. 16 weeks and $399 to Wyndham. That is 22 weeks, therefore 3-5 months when we will need to use guest certificates because of course that owner name has a trip planned without any other owners.

Should "Wyndham care":
Why do you have to do anything with the deed though? I am not sure I understand the issue. Is it that you paid these fees and costs in the past and they are no longer affiliated with Club Wyndham?

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any and all of us who own Club Destin will experience the same issue. Wyndham chose July 31 as the date they are removing all Club Destin contracts. Thank you Wyndham for allowing us to pay for 7 months of MF and then removing the contracts and the points from our accounts.
Really?? I own at Bay Club and late last year it changed in my ownership from Bay Club to Club Destin. They opened a ticket and said that all Destin properties were lumped under Club Destin. I'm mean, really?

I'll certainly be watching my account next week since I don't own Club Destin but that is how the points are delineated.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cindy we love Angel Fire let me know when you want to dump that contract I’ll be the first in line.
I will let you know.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score

Should "Wyndham care":
By reading your posts I think I figured out what I’ll do. Ill simple get a super cheap Wyndham contract where the seller is willing to pay Wyndham fees and ad my kids/grandkids to that contract.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
If you purchase a CWA contract that is points only based, the closing is faster as there is NO underlying deeded contract, just trust points.