• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Clearwater Availability

Reuven Cohen

Reaction score
Hi,

New user here. We just stayed at hotel side of Wyndham Clearwater as part of marketing package. Obviously, sales presentation had sky-high point prices.

I am trying to figure out how tight reservations are at this location with Wyndham points deeded elsewhere vs Wyndham points deeded in Clearwater. There is an ad on TUG for 327,000 points deeded at Clearwater for $1800 plus buyer pays closing costs.

How far in advance can Clearwater-deeded points be used for reservation there. How does ARP play a role in this and can ARP be acquired in the resale market?

Thanks for your patience and explanation!

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Here is availability for a 1 bedroom that all members can book at the 9 month mark.

upload_2019-7-17_16-2-2.png

Here is availability for a 1 bedroom that all members can book at the 10 month mark.

upload_2019-7-17_16-3-6.png

Here is availability for a 2 bedroom that all members can book at the 10 month mark.

upload_2019-7-17_16-4-4.png

You can get the deluxe rooms 10 months out no problem with any contract. If you want to stay in the presidential units, you want to own at Clearwater. I personally just own where it is cheapest because I'm not going to take the same exact vacation every year for the rest of my life. I lived in Tampa most my life, but Clearwater isn't the best resort for me to personally go to all the time because it's more than double the point cost as Bonnet Creek. I stay mostly at Bonnet and Ocean Walk because they are cheaper. If you make well over six figures and can drop $1500 for a week without batting an eye, go for it. But keep in mind you can stay at Bonnet Creek for $500 a week in the value season or Ocean walk for $630 a week. Maybe it's because I've lived here most my life, but I don't see why Clearwater is so much more expensive than Bonnet Creek.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is availability for a 1 bedroom that all members can book at the 9 month mark.

View attachment 12907

Here is availability for a 1 bedroom that all members can book at the 10 month mark.

View attachment 12908

Here is availability for a 2 bedroom that all members can book at the 10 month mark.

View attachment 12909

You can get the deluxe rooms 10 months out no problem with any contract. If you want to stay in the presidential units, you want to own at Clearwater. I personally just own where it is cheapest because I'm not going to take the same exact vacation every year for the rest of my life. I lived in Tampa most my life, but Clearwater isn't the best resort for me to personally go to all the time because it's more than double the point cost as Bonnet Creek. I stay mostly at Bonnet and Ocean Walk because they are cheaper. If you make well over six figures and can drop $1500 for a week without batting an eye, go for it. But keep in mind you can stay at Bonnet Creek for $500 a week in the value season or Ocean walk for $630 a week. Maybe it's because I've lived here most my life, but I don't see why Clearwater is so much more expensive than Bonnet Creek.

Because Clearwater is beachfront. Almost all of the beachfront resorts have high points values. Particularly the newest ones like Clearwater.

I love Bonet Creek too, but I would take beachfront over Orlando any day.

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
Regarding the posting, I inquired about it but is no longer available. So send an email to double check.

Reuven Cohen

Reaction score
Thanks. Can someone also share the close-in (30-60 day) availability in Clearwater for 2 bedrooms and presidentials. This is usually when we book these trips, so the advance reservation window is of less use to us with Clearwater-deeded points.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Can someone also share the close-in (30-60 day) availability in Clearwater for 2 bedrooms and presidentials. This is usually when we book these trips, so the advance reservation window is of less use to us with Clearwater-deeded points.

If you only want to book 30-60 days in advance at prime locations (like Clearwater) than time sharing is likely to disappoint you.

Clearwater shows no availability in any room type for the rest of July and only single orphan nights in August, September, October, & November. The next time available for a multi-night stay I see is 4 nights from Dec 1-5 in a 2BR DX or 6 nights from December 9-15 in a 2BR PR.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
If you only want to book 30-60 days in advance at prime locations (like Clearwater) than time sharing is likely to disappoint you.

Clearwater shows no availability in any room type for the rest of July and only single orphan nights in August, September, October, & November. The next time available for a multi-night stay I see is 4 nights from Dec 1-5 in a 2BR DX or 6 nights from December 9-15 in a 2BR PR.

Agreed, Clearwater only has 110 rooms total for timeshare, so it books up pretty far in advance as a result. With ARP you can book up to 13 months in advance. The ARP window is from 13-10 months - and requires either a CWS Clearwater contract or a CWA contract. Yes ARP comes with resale contracts - both CWA and CWS. Please note that you cannot combine CWA and CWS contract points within the ARP reservation window even for the same resort like Clearwater.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Agreed, Clearwater only has 110 rooms total for timeshare, so it books up pretty far in advance as a result. With ARP you can book up to 13 months in advance. The ARP window is from 13-10 months - and requires either a CWS Clearwater contract or a CWA contract. Yes ARP comes with resale contracts - both CWA and CWS. Please note that you cannot combine CWA and CWS contract points within the ARP reservation window even for the same resort like Clearwater.

This is where my point of view may be of interest to you. Your better off renting from a VIP then owning if you book 30-60 days out. I know some will question this post and I have repeated this numerous times. Just make it work for the way you travel.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is where my point of view may be of interest to you. Your better off renting from a VIP then owning if you book 30-60 days out. I know some will question this post and I have repeated this numerous times. Just make it work for the way you travel.

Not if you want to stay at Clearwater. The VIPs have the same availability as everyone else, and there isn’t much of it in this case.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not if you want to stay at Clearwater. The VIPs have the same availability as everyone else, and there isn’t much of it in this case.
Let me rephrase that VIP Presidential reserve.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Past experience it does help if you are renting from PR member.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your better off renting from a VIP then owning if you book 30-60 days out. I know some will question this post and I have repeated this numerous times.
Let me rephrase that VIP Presidential reserve.
I’m not sure that would help much either, given the popularity, but maybe.
I don’t see availability to book till December with PR either.
Dgalati your renting advice is misleading & false on the topic at hand

Last edited: