• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham and rci

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a resale wyndham resort points last year. It closed in October and I deposited the Wyndham points into rci. I also have week resorts, non wyndham, and I have deposited some of those weeks into rcI and they show as tpus. I called wyndham and asked them if I get a free rci account and explained I have a weeks rci account already. I now have a weeks account and my wyndham rci points account. Rci reimbursed me for my dues that I had paid for future years, prorated it. Yesterday I used my weeks account to book a resort for May 2021 but it shows my week account paid up to October 2020. So my credit has been charge for my deposit but it doesn't show as an up coming vacation. The week is still sitting available. So I am asking if anyone out there has a wyndham account with rci and other weeks and do you pay for the weeks account. Wyndham told me I get them both as part of my membership.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had Weeks before Wyn points. I now have "both" - one login thru the RCI.COM site, and one thru the Wyn Portal. But just one phone number - the RCI for Wyndham owners. Call that number - If you are calling the "old number" - tell them you are now a Wyndham points owner also - and tell them you want a week AFTER 10/2020 - they will extend the date on the "paid thru" date. If you have future issues on the "paid thru" date - just call them.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I bought a resale wyndham resort points last year. It closed in October and I deposited the Wyndham points into rci. I also have week resorts, non wyndham, and I have deposited some of those weeks into rcI and they show as tpus. I called wyndham and asked them if I get a free rci account and explained I have a weeks rci account already. I now have a weeks account and my wyndham rci points account. Rci reimbursed me for my dues that I had paid for future years, prorated it. Yesterday I used my weeks account to book a resort for May 2021 but it shows my week account paid up to October 2020. So my credit has been charge for my deposit but it doesn't show as an up coming vacation. The week is still sitting available. So I am asking if anyone out there has a wyndham account with rci and other weeks and do you pay for the weeks account. Wyndham told me I get them both as part of my membership.
How does Wyndham points work with RCI? What point value do you get?

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
How does Wyndham points work with RCI? What point value do you get?
Look on Page 286 of the 2018/2019 Wyndham directory (in the Wyndham information sticky at the top of this board). Page 286 shows the grid.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Look on Page 286 of the 2018/2019 Wyndham directory (in the Wyndham information sticky at the top of this board). Page 286 shows the grid.
So if I understand correctly it’s one for one? So a Wyndham contract of say 105K points is 105K points in RCI? So if RCI has a week they are offering for 50K points, I’d be able to use 50K of my 105K Wyndham points I have? Would it be better to have Wyndham points over another type of RCI point ownership? I also read and not sure if true, maybe someone here can help...RCI owns vacation village Resorts?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So if I understand correctly it’s one for one? So a Wyndham contract of say 105K points is 105K points in RCI? So if RCI has a week they are offering for 50K points, I’d be able to use 50K of my 105K Wyndham points I have? Would it be better to have Wyndham points over another type of RCI point ownership? I also read and not sure if true, maybe someone here can help...RCI owns vacation village Resorts?
Wyndham points never convert to RCI points. They are always wyndham points in rci. They don't use the RCI points numbers. Wyndham uses a crossover grid based solely on size and season (although rci can offer sales on excess inventory). A 1 BR in high season- regardless of whether it is very desirable or highly pointed or if it is a 3rd tier resort with plenty of inventory cost 105,000 Wyndham points. So a DVC week could cost 98,000 rci points or 55 tpu's and it would cost 105,000 wyndham points in rci. Another Orlando 1Br unit (also during high season) could cost 35,000 rci points or 5 tpu's and it would still cost 105,000 wyndham points in rci.
wyndham to rci crossover grid.PNG

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Wyndham points never convert to RCI points. They are always wyndham points in rci. They don't use the RCI points numbers. Wyndham uses a crossover grid based solely on size and season (although rci can offer sales on excess inventory). A 1 BR in high season- regardless of whether it is very desirable or highly pointed or if it is a 3rd tier resort with plenty of inventory cost 105,000 Wyndham points. So a DVC week could cost 98,000 rci points or 55 tpu's and it would cost 105,000 wyndham points in rci. Another Orlando 1Br unit (also during high season) could cost 35,000 rci points or 5 tpu's and it would still cost 105,000 wyndham points in rci.
View attachment 17114
GOTCHA! ok I missed that grid. I read the wrong grid in the sticky. That makes sense. Thank you!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
The number of Points needed in RCI is different for every timeshare organisation. For Worldmark a 2 Bedroom in High Season through RCI is 10,000 Worldmark Points.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

I also read and not sure if true, maybe someone here can help...RCI owns vacation village Resorts?

Wyndham owns RCI. Vacation Villages is a different corporation that Wyndham doesn’t own/control, but there is a fairly close contractual relationship between RCI & VV. As a result, VV resorts like Grandview and Massanutten do well in RCI Points. Also, fairly recently some of the VV resorts like Colonies at Williamsburg affiliated with RCI, making them dual II/RCI resorts.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Wyndham owns RCI. Vacation Villages is a different corporation that Wyndham doesn’t own/control, but there is a fairly close contractual relationship between RCI & VV. As a result, VV resorts like Grandview and Massanutten do well in RCI Points. Also, fairly recently some of the VV resorts like Colonies at Williamsburg affiliated with RCI, making them dual II/RCI resorts.
Ah. Good to know. I already have II and would pick up a VV but don’t want them to go to II then I’m stuck haha

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
Ah. Good to know. I already have II and would pick up a VV but don’t want them to go to II then I’m stuck haha

Consider picking up some Wyndham points. You can get them for free from timeshare nation and if you decide Wyndham/RCI is not for you, you can always give it back to Wyndham through ovation for free or give it away for free here on TUG. As long as it’s CWA or a low maintenance fee deed, it’ll be very easy to get rid of it. Not sure how easy/hard it is to get rid of an unwanted Vacation villages timeshare.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Consider picking up some Wyndham points. You can get them for free from timeshare nation and if you decide Wyndham/RCI is not for you, you can always give it back to Wyndham through ovation for free or give it away for free here on TUG. As long as it’s CWA or a low maintenance fee deed, it’ll be very easy to get rid of it. Not sure how easy/hard it is to get rid of an unwanted Vacation villages timeshare.
I heard the VV RCI point contracts are pretty desirable if it’s a low maint fee RCI point trader

Last edited: