• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WORLDMARK INFORMATION and ADVICE ARTICLES

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Some jurisdictions have a TOT. This is determined by the local or state government. It is owed no matter how you Book.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
@CO skier ... hmm, there must be additional implementation on this tax. I've been charged the tax on occasion even booking with an NHK account. One isn't aware of it until the final screen (it isn't itemized and it suddenly/invisibly changes the price of the reservation). I'm pretty sure I've encountered it in Monday Madness reservations, which I used to book frequently.

It was explained to me by phone that it was inescapable and determined by resort location/locality.
I book a lot of cash reservations of all types and have never been charged tax on the free housekeeping. I just checked two of my cash reservations booked within the last month:

Steamboat Springs: $410 Monday Madness charge + 11.4% Lodging Tax ($46.74) = $456.74 and that is the total I paid. No tax on the included HK.

Mission Valley: $187.50 Inventory Special charge + 12.5% Lodging Tax ($23.44) = $210.94 and that is the total I paid. No tax on the included HK.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some jurisdictions have a TOT. This is determined by the local or state government. It is owed no matter how you Book.
No, TOT is charged only on reservations booked with Vacation Credits. TOT is not charged on cash bookings -- that would be double taxation, because cash bookings are charged Lodging Taxes.

From the WorldMark Tax Information sheet online:

"Transient Occupancy Tax

At certain resorts, a Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) is charged on a per night basis on all reservations booked with Vacation Credits."

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
@CO skier One isn't aware of it until the final screen (it isn't itemized and it suddenly/invisibly changes the price of the reservation).
What do you mean by "final screen?"

There are three screens in the booking process. The first screen is the type of reservation -- Vacation Credits or the available Cash options with the dollar amount listed. ($187.50 was listed as the Inventory Special Offer for my Mission Valley reservation). The second screen is the total cost for the reservation (not itemized) which includes all taxes and any charges for HK and any taxes on a cash HK ($210.94 in my MV reservation). The third (final?) screen is the reservation confirmation where, in my experience, the amount always agrees with the amount listed on the second screen ($210.94 for MV).

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
@CO skier , yep, fair enough: 2nd screen where the rate popped from $187.50 to $210.94 w/out itemization.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
currently refreshing the worldmark article on TUG.

you worldmarkians want to give it a glance and let me know if any values/prices/etc need to be modified or if its all still accurate or close enough etc.

also, perhaps adding a section there about worldmark resale?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
currently refreshing the worldmark article on TUG.

you worldmarkians want to give it a glance and let me know if any values/prices/etc need to be modified or if its all still accurate or close enough etc.

also, perhaps adding a section there about worldmark resale?

Thanks for updating this. Here are a few notes I see:

1. In the introduction, you mention the WM locations, starting with "Western United States," then naming lots of other places, ending with "among other locations." Since you mention Florida and Illinois, did you want to specifically call out the other Eastern United States locations, too? It seems to me that Louisiana, South Carolina, and Pennsylvania are enough of a specifically different WM place as to warrant a name mention as well.

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 8.47.37 AM.png

2. Noticed the word "housekeeping" is misspelled as "hoursekeeping" in this section:

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 8.27.48 AM.png

Pretty sure WorldMark doesn't want us keeping horses in the units. :D

3. If it's intended to be complete, the roster of locations needs to be updated. At a glance, I noticed WorldMark Estancia is missing from the Utah list. WorldMark Austin is missing from Texas. There may be others that are missing. Vacation Internationale Royal Kuhio is not shown as a Hawaii resort for me. (I'm a resale owner. Not sure if Developer-purchased accounts can see it.)

4. "WorldMark" is misspelled as "WordLmark" in the header in this section:

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 8.59.58 AM.png

Dave

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Remove the Vacation International resorts from the list. WM used to have an arrangement with VI for access to some resorts, but that has ended.
Find the current list of locations at https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/
Everything in the drop down list under Choose a location, is included until you get to Asia/Pacific. Anything below there is a separate entity as noted by the Club Wyndham prefix.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
will get these incorporated to the article, thank you!

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Few more items:

The Alaska & all VI resorts are no longer there as @sue1947 stated.

2021 MF is as follows:

Account size Yearly MF
5,000 $591.50
8,000 - 10,000 $951.12
18,000 - 20,000 $1,670.36
28,000 - 30,000 $2,389.60

Bonus time and all cash owner specials are 7.5 cent for 2021.

Guest Certificates are issued one for each 10K or a portion there of. These are non-refundable unlike the HKT or credits.

Each ownership gets a number of GCs on account anniversary as follows:

5K-10K gets 1GC
11K-20K gets 2GCs
etc...

Else it is $99 for each GC

Travelshare Current Ownership Tiers
Member: 7,000 – 29,999
Silver: 30,000 – 44,999
Diamond: 45,000 – 64,999
Platinum: 65,000 +

You do not get Travelshare if you buy resale. It does not affect the booking if you are targeting the Worldmark resorts.

The new website they are promoting is WorldmarkByWyndham.com

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Bonus time and all cash owner specials are 7.5 cent for 2021.

All the cash options below include housekeeping. Note: the per night minimum can make the actual cost much higher and more expensive.
Bonus time and Inventory specials are at 7.5 cents/credit and an $80/night minimum cost.
Monday Madness is 9 cents/credit or $80/night minimum cost.
FAX is 13 or 15 cents per credit or $80/night minimum cost..

Monday Madness is offered on select resorts that changes each Monday.
FAX is a cash option for all resorts. The rules here have changed recently and this is now less restrictive than it was.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for updating this. Here are a few notes I see:

1. In the introduction, you mention the WM locations, starting with "Western United States," then naming lots of other places, ending with "among other locations." Since you mention Florida and Illinois, did you want to specifically call out the other Eastern United States locations, too? It seems to me that Louisiana, South Carolina, and Pennsylvania are enough of a specifically different WM place as to warrant a name mention as well.

View attachment 40756

2. Noticed the word "housekeeping" is misspelled as "hoursekeeping" in this section:

View attachment 40755

Pretty sure WorldMark doesn't want us keeping horses in the units. :D

3. If it's intended to be complete, the roster of locations needs to be updated. At a glance, I noticed WorldMark Estancia is missing from the Utah list. WorldMark Austin is missing from Texas. There may be others that are missing. Vacation Internationale Royal Kuhio is not shown as a Hawaii resort for me. (I'm a resale owner. Not sure if Developer-purchased accounts can see it.)

4. "WorldMark" is misspelled as "WordLmark" in the header in this section:

View attachment 40757

Dave

added these including worldmark austin (although dont have numbers for them to include). i dont even find estancia in the TUG list? it new?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Remove the Vacation International resorts from the list. WM used to have an arrangement with VI for access to some resorts, but that has ended.
Find the current list of locations at https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/
Everything in the drop down list under Choose a location, is included until you get to Asia/Pacific. Anything below there is a separate entity as noted by the Club Wyndham prefix.
removed the VI resorts

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
added these including worldmark austin (although dont have numbers for them to include). i dont even find estancia in the TUG list? it new?

WM Estancia was purpose-built a few years ago. So it's been there maybe two or three years? It's literally across the parking lot from WM St. George.

WM Estancia is all 3 and 4 bedroom units. These are the credits required:

1633929080870.png

WM Austin:

1633929196342.png

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok believe i have incorporated all the above suggestions and uploaded the current page.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
WM Estancia was purpose-built a few years ago. So it's been there maybe two or three years? It's literally across the parking lot from WM St. George.

WM Estancia is all 3 and 4 bedroom units. These are the credits required:

View attachment 40844

WM Austin:

View attachment 40845

Dave
ok ill add this tomorrow..getting sleeepyyyyy

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Estancia is an add-on to the St George, Utah resort. WM chose to break it out into it's own heading, probably to justify the high cost. It was a big sales tool for the very pushy sales people at St George who could point across the parking lot and tell folks they needed lots more credits to afford those fancy schmancy units...

https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/es/

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Estancia is an add-on to the St George, Utah resort.
WM Estancia was added-on to the Estancia Resort across the street from WM St. George. Although the check-in building is the same for both resorts, whether built across the street or across the state, WM Estancia is considered a separate resort from WM St. George. Guests at the resorts, for example, may only use the pools associated with their resort (at least they are supposed to).

It was a big sales tool for the very pushy sales people at St George who could point across the parking lot and tell folks they needed lots more credits to afford those fancy schmancy units...

I have been to at least four "owner updates" since WM Estancia broke ground. Only the first presentation mentioned the new resort that was being built. None of the presenters discussed the credits needed for the Estancia units, probably to avoid "sticker shock" compared to the credits needed at WM St. George.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Estancia is an add-on to the St George, Utah resort. WM chose to break it out into it's own heading, probably to justify the high cost. It was a big sales tool for the very pushy sales people at St George who could point across the parking lot and tell folks they needed lots more credits to afford those fancy schmancy units...
We avoid all of these super pricy Presidential places. We consider it a waste of Points. We are perfectly happy with the average 2 Bedroom Worldmark. The 2 exceptions are Ocean Front Penthouse in Seaside Oregon and 2 Bedroom Penthouses in Victoria BC.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
We avoid all of these super pricy Presidential places. We consider it a waste of Points. We are perfectly happy with the average 2 Bedroom Worldmark. The 2 exceptions are Ocean Front Penthouse in Seaside Oregon and 2 Bedroom Penthouses in Victoria BC.
Monday - Thursday nights are not too bad costwise. The Presidential Casita units at WM Rocky Mt. Preserve are very popular. Spent four nights in a 4 bedroom Casita during a ski vacation. The private hot tub on the deck was like having our own million dollar mountain cabin. My son likes to impress his friends when I arrange a few nights in the 3 BR Penthouse at WM Steamboat Springs.

The upscale units are a nice option for an occassional splurge.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Nope even Sunday - Thursday is ridiculous for us.

Rocky Mountain Preserve M - Th 4 Bedroom Presidential Casita 3550 Credits per night.
Rocky Mountain Preserve M - Th 2 Bedroom Delux 1250/1450 per night.

So if for some strange reason we are in a large group we can get 3 2 Bedroom Delux, sleep 18 people for about the same Credits.

Steamboat Springs M - Th 3 Bedroom Presidential 2650/3050 Credits per night.
Steamboat Springs M - Th 3 Bedroom 675/1300 Credits per night.

We do not care about impressing folks.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
added estancia and the austin points.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
1. Third paragraph misspelling of development:

Trendwest was purchased by Cendant in 2002. Trendwest Resorts, Inc. is now know as Wyndham Resort Development Corporation and does business under the brand WorldMark by Wyndham. As a subsidiary of Wyndham Vacation Ownership, Inc., Wyndham Resort Developemnt Corporation is headquartered in Orlando, Florida.

2. Discussion of vacation credit usage for red season is a bit repetitive:

• HIGH (RED) SEASON: One week minimum stay booked 10 months to 13 months in advance with any day check-in available. Red (High) season requires a seven-night minimum if booked more than 10 months in advance.
Credit usage restrictions under the example vacation credit value chart repeat this info, too.

3. Vacation credit value chart lower left cell is missing the open parenthesis.

4. 2021 HK fees are listed below. It might be worth adding a sentence that certain ownerships purchased prior to a given date are not subject to the housekeeping token system.

The new 2021 housekeeping rates are:
All Studios​
$76
All 1 Bedrooms​
$102
All 2 Bedrooms​
$116
All 3 Bedrooms​
$127
All 4 Bedrooms​
$168

5. Bonus time has a minimum of $80 per night.

6. Under the Exchange Plus program, WorldMark allows owners (including resale owners) to deposit up to 4 non-WorldMark timeshare weeks per year in exchange for vacation credits per the chart below at a cost of $129 per week. Each deposited week also generates 1 HK token and 1 Guest Certificate.

Exchange Plus
Unit TypeRedWhiteBlue
Studio4,0003,0002,000
1 BR7,0005,0003,000
2 BR8,0006,0004,000
3+ BR9,0007,0005,000

7. There doesn't seem to be any discussion of guest certificates. WorldMark owners receive one guest certificate for every partial 10,000 credits they own (i.e., 5,000-10,000 credits = 1 GC; 11,000-20,000 = 2 GCs, etc.) and additional GCs can be purchased for $99 online or $129 by phone.

8. Fractional ownerships of 4 weeks per year on a rotating basis were sold at WorldMark Seaside, Depoe Bay, and South Shore. Owners of those fractionals have the option of depositing a week they won't be using themselves into WorldMark in exchange for credits based on the season and unit size similar to the Exchange Plus program. Those ownerships retain those rights on resale.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
All the cash options below include housekeeping. Note: the per night minimum can make the actual cost much higher and more expensive.
Bonus time and Inventory specials are at 7.5 cents/credit and an $80/night minimum cost.
Monday Madness is 9 cents/credit or $80/night minimum cost.
FAX is 13 or 15 cents per credit or $80/night minimum cost..

Monday Madness is offered on select resorts that changes each Monday.
FAX is a cash option for all resorts. The rules here have changed recently and this is now less restrictive than it was.

What is bonus time that is separate form IS or MM? Is there another kind of bonus time?

UPDATED: Never mind I found my own answer to the question. I have never seen this all the times I have been reading about WM. Don't know how often it happens, but again a perk if you can use it.

WORLDMARK BONUS TIME:
Bonus time was designed to encourage occupancy at times when there is low occupancy. Bonus Time begins 14 days before arrival for owner use and 5 days before arrive for guest use. Up to four consecutive nights may be booked at one time. The nights may be split between resorts, but this requires calling Vacation Planning to create the group reservation. The 2021 cost of the usage is 7.5 cents per credit ($80/night minimum) and includes housekeeping. Bonus Time is just that – a bonus; do not count on it.

Restrictions are:

• Can only have one Bonus Time reservation at a time.
  • Can only book one weekend per quarter
  • Maximum stay four days.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Note that the current writeup that is linked in the first post on this thread, does not even mention Monday Madness. Might be worthwhile to add that to the post.