• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who Paid for New Wyndham Reservation System (aka Voyager)

sharetimer

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the development cost for the new reservation system was covered by Wyndham Corporation or by the Trust?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Nope... But in then end we all pay for it. "Everything they do.. Is Cost Plus." But we also pay for it in time and agrevation. I am just glad I am a small fry...and am still waiting for my 10 Month Window for my next reservations so I can book them.. Hopefully by then they will have some of these point issues fixed.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think, and hope, Wyndham pays for it in the long run with a drastic drop in sales revenue when word spreads of the issues they caused the owners, etc. I for one plan to spread the word at the resorts. I'll also spread the work about TUG and resell contracts.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I think, and hope, Wyndham pays for it in the long run with a drastic drop in sales revenue when word spreads of the issues they caused the owners, etc. I for one plan to spread the word at the resorts. I'll also spread the work about TUG and resell contracts.

So far the Voyager system has not hurt them a bit.

Here is a chart of there last 3 months stock move. You have to move the trend line sharply down before they will wake up, shake things up, and get things fixed.

Attachments

• WYN_Last 3 Months Stock.pdf
    64.6 KB · Views: 62

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham paid for it

And I don't think it's a cost plus thing. I I see it as more of a return on investment thing. Subtle difference perhaps. But still different

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham paid for it. And I don't think it's a cost plus thing. I I see it as more of a return on investment thing. Subtle difference perhaps. But still different
Cost plus or return on investment, either way the owners are getting hurt by Wyndham. If it's cost plus then in so many words Wyndham charged us to hinder our ability to search for and obtain reservations based on the previous website, and obtain benefits that were bought and paid for by VIP level owners. If it's return on investment, Wyndham's investment created a conflict of interest to benefit them. Based on the previous website, what I'll call baseline, the conflict of interest is the increased ability of Wyndham's to secure discounted reservations and upgrades for Extra Holidays, which they own and control. The conflict of interest decreases and hinders VIP level owners to secure reservations at VIP level discounts and VIP level upgrades. These are the same benefits that were bought and paid for by VIP level owners from Wyndham. Wyndham is hindering and hurting those who paid top dollar to receive the very benefits Wyndham is hindering and hurting their ability to acquire. These are damages Wyndham inflected on all of us with their dysfunction piece of crap website, an abortion of technology website they crammed down our throats.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cost plus or return on investment, either way the owners are getting hurt by Wyndham. If it's cost plus then in so many words Wyndham charged us to hinder our ability to search for and obtain reservations based on the previous website, and obtain benefits that were bought and paid for by VIP level owners. If it's return on investment, Wyndham's investment created a conflict of interest to benefit them. Based on the previous website, what I'll call baseline, the conflict of interest is the increased ability of Wyndham's to secure discounted reservations and upgrades for Extra Holidays, which they own and control. The conflict of interest decreases and hinders VIP level owners to secure reservations at VIP level discounts and VIP level upgrades. These are the same benefits that were bought and paid for by VIP level owners from Wyndham. Wyndham is hindering and hurting those who paid top dollar to receive the very benefits Wyndham is hindering and hurting their ability to acquire. These are damages Wyndham inflected on all of us with their dysfunction piece of crap website, an abortion of technology website they crammed down our throats.
The question was "who pays for it?" not "does it work?" Or "is it designed to make it easier for Wyndham to steal inventory that should be available to us"

Whether the website is a piece of crap or not is not important. Neither is how Wyndham makes money at our expense important to the question

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The question was "who pays for it?" not "does it work?" Or "is it designed to make it easier for Wyndham to steal inventory that should be available to us". Whether the website is a piece of crap or not is not important. Neither is how Wyndham makes money at our expense important to the question
I disagree. What we had then verses what we have now is important. That's what most of the outrage is about. I'm not in the tank with Wyndham nor a Wyndham employee so I'll call it like I see it. They can't freeze my account nor can they terminate me. I have nothing to lose by calling Wyndham out. . .

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I disagree. What we had then verses what we have now is important. That's what most of the outrage is about. I'm not in the tank with Wyndham nor a Wyndham employee so I'll call it like I see it. They can't freeze my account nor can they terminate me. I have nothing to lose by calling Wyndham out. . .

Ron was not suggesting that calling Wyndham out is not generally important. It just has nothing to do with the question that started this thread.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that part of our Club Wyndham Program fees go to cover things such as the VC line, reservation system, etc. So I am not sure that "Wyndham" pays for it. Perhaps the CWP fee goes toward run/maintenance of the system and the development itself comes from corporate; but either way, once the system is live, I believe the run/maintenance cost is covered by the CWP fees not Wyndham corporate.

If the funding for this is being handled as it typically is in the corporate world, a portion of the initial "burn in" or "Break/Fix" is covered under the development budget... usually this period is 90 days or less, and then it is part of the run/maintenance/enhancement budget.

In the long-term view, if this is actually a consolidation of many systems, only a portion of which was originally funded by CWP fees, it will be interesting to see if the aggregate savings are applied in kind to the CWP fees, or whether in fact the CWP fees act to subsidize what previously had been Wyndham expense (i.e., all the separate resort systems that are being retired). There may also be savings associated with moving to a cloud-based infrastructure.

So while the development and aftermath has been costly and painful, in the long view it may be the right move financially...

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
I thought that part of our Club Wyndham Program fees go to cover things such as the VC line, reservation system, etc. So I am not sure that "Wyndham" pays for it. Perhaps the CWP fee goes toward run/maintenance of the system and the development itself comes from corporate; but either way, once the system is live, I believe the run/maintenance cost is covered by the CWP fees not Wyndham corporate.

If the funding for this is being handled as it typically is in the corporate world, a portion of the initial "burn in" or "Break/Fix" is covered under the development budget... usually this period is 90 days or less, and then it is part of the run/maintenance/enhancement budget.

In the long-term view, if this is actually a consolidation of many systems, only a portion of which was originally funded by CWP fees, it will be interesting to see if the aggregate savings are applied in kind to the CWP fees, or whether in fact the CWP fees act to subsidize what previously had been Wyndham expense (i.e., all the separate resort systems that are being retired). There may also be savings associated with moving to a cloud-based infrastructure.

So while the development and aftermath has been costly and painful, in the long view it may be the right move financially...
The way it works I think they spent about $50 total and threw in a couple of annual passes to Busch Gardens for the 12 year Olds they used to develop this website.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

My husband & I are will not spend another dime on Wyndham points. - Platinum now. If we knew this was coming we would have bought all resale.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband & I are will not spend another dime on Wyndham points. - Platinum now. If we knew this was coming we would have bought all resale.

That has always been the advice given here on tug. Old system or new it has always been impossible to justify (financially) a VIP purchase. The only exception would have been the guy that found a low cost path to VIP and then added a ton of resale points that also got the discounts. The numbers just barely made sense for me. I paid $25,000 for for 2 platinum avvounts and then added 30 million resale points. The numbers never made sense for a million point retail purchase made for family vacations

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Today was my first day to use the new system as I had only 8,875 points left this year which were booked before the new website. I cancelled my November 36,000 and then had 44875 available. I checked the 39th week available at several places Sunday- Friday 45,000 and got Glade and paid $20.00 for the needed 125 points. (19.00 + 1.00) but at least I am completely finished. This is my third year of "last Hoorahs" one at Emerald Grand 3 Br and last year Presidential at Majestic Sun upgrades from 1 br suite. No big deal this year as won't know about upgrades for a while. Easy booking and locating and impressed with it. I will say the man who told us the easy exit from Wyndham also told us of another employee who started the Voyager like website and all other Fairfield employees said it won't work but it has made him a mint in rentals. So the moral of the story is you get what you pay for and if you get fleesed by Wyndham don't complain. A million points for $5000 is a steal.