• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

where to buy Ugg boots cheap?

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
DD wants Ugg boots for her birthday. She has been asking for them for a few years - but I can't see spending that much on boots.

Any ideas where to get them cheap or discounted? Are they worth the money?

She will be 15 this year and really wants them.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
You might check zappos.com. I thought Uggs were out?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
If the official name isn't an issue, I noticed Costco is selling a Kirkland brand version of Uggs. They look the same to me. Same style, less expensive name?

Dave

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Does it have to be the official "Uggs"? (I know she's a teenager, so that probably means they have to have the right label!) But if not, I think Target has a pair in a similar style and there are a couple of other slightly less expensive brands at Famous Footwear and DSW Shoe warehouse, if you have either of those chains near you. The ones with real leather and fleece inside will be more comfortable than the synthetics but will cost more.

My daughter got a pair of Uggs-style (but not the brand) last year and wore them throughout the winter and I see she had them on already when she was home from college last week. For kids here in MN, they're actually pretty practical - they will wear those when it's cold and snowy when they wouldn't want to wear a regular boot! And their HS classrooms were kept cool enough that she found they weren't too hot even all day inside. I thought getting two years wear out of hers is pretty good. We did spray the boots with a waterproofing before she wore them to help protect the leather.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Another comment from me. My dd (18) had a pair of the "fake Uggs" a few years ago. I think she's the one that told me the fake Uggs are definitely out, but maybe the real ones are still okay. :rolleyes: I do know the reason she got fake one was because I wasn't going to spend the $$$$ for the real thing. I always thought it was ridiculous to see these young girls wearing cut offs or short skirts with the Uggs boots! :doh:

I just checked zappos.com. They do have Uggs, but I don't think they are any cheaper there. But, I did a google search for "zappos on sale" and found some websites that are offering some styles at a reduced price.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
on EBAY !!!!

I just bought my wife a pair of black, long, crochet, no button UGGS from an EBAY seller as a surprise......my daughter had recently "borrowed" her store-bought ones and taken them back to college...well, we decided we'd never see them again, so I asked a seller directly about a purchase and she said "sure"...cost was about half of retail price, and they were mailed out and received a few days later, and my wife is so excited.....

I simply noticed that a particular seller continued to have auctions for UGGS each day, so I figured she did this as a business, so I simply asked about a direct purchase...not to end an auction, as is against policy, but a direct purchase from seller's "store", which is fine. Price negotiation is common and expected, and great deals are abundant.

yes, they were authentic UGGS and now she is looking at other boot styles on Ebay, and it's endless. Ebay continues to have anything and everything for less....you just have to do the legwork and investigate from all angles, but the merchandise is there! I have purchased things for years and have only been burned once for a few dollars (under $10), so i consider it the first place to look for anything.

I was curious, so i just looked, and i have bought 326 items over the years.....About the only thing you cannot get is a hot dinner, and even that is probably available somewhere. jme

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Authentic sheepskin lining is what makes them special. Most other brands are not lined with real sheepskin. There are other brands Emu and others that are priced the same if they have sheepskin.

For women who loves Uggs-try Merrell Primo Chill slides-also lined with sheepskin and suede outer or leather outer. These are clogs. Merrells are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn and the Primo Chill slides are my favorite. Feels like comfy slippers and oh so warm. $89 retail but you can get them at outlets for $69 or if lucky at Marshalls for $39 once in awhile.

If you watch ebay you may snag a pair a little cheaper. There are Ugg and Merrell outlets.

Last edited:

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
need real uggs

last year she got a pair of fake uggs - they were really cheap but she wore them all the time. This year, I said how about we get you another fake pair.

She wants the real ones (of course).

I've been looking at ebay, and there is a brand new seller with a pair her
size- but I am afraid to bid on something that expensive with a seller with a zero rating.

Thanks for the ideas. Any others are welcome

Thanks,

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
last year she got a pair of fake uggs - they were really cheap but she wore them all the time. This year, I said how about we get you another fake pair.

She wants the real ones (of course).

I've been looking at ebay, and there is a brand new seller with a pair her
size- but I am afraid to bid on something that expensive with a seller with a zero rating.

Thanks for the ideas. Any others are welcome

Thanks,

What style, color, and size are you looking for?

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Authentic sheepskin lining is what makes them special. Most other brands are not lined with real sheepskin. There are other brands Emu and others that are priced the same if they have sheepskin.

We got Emu Australian sheepskin boot at TJ Maxx for a good price - they were still expensive (close to $100) but less than the comparable Ugg brand. I looked up the Emus http://www.sheepskinbootsforyou.com/emuaustralia.htm and Uggs online, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugg_boots). Apparently "ugg" is used in Australia as a generic word for sheepskin boots, which includes the Emus, though the Ugg brand is copyrighted in the US.

DD loves the boots, but a month ago some girls at her school were B****y because DD's boots didn't have the Ugg label. They kept teasing her during several periods and made her miserable. :mad:

Much as I'd hate to say you should the "right" brand even if it's more expensive, you might want to consider it if a lot of that kind of teasing goes on at her school and if you think she might not be able to just ignore it. :(

Last edited:

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got Emu Australian sheepskin boot at TJ Maxx for a good price - they were still expensive (close to $100) but less than the comparable Ugg brand. I looked up the Emus http://www.sheepskinbootsforyou.com/emuaustralia.htm and Uggs online, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugg_boots). Apparently "ugg" is used in Australia as a generic word for sheepskin boots, which includes the Emus, though the Ugg brand is copyrighted in the US.

DD loves the boots, but a month ago some girls at her school were B****y because DD's boots didn't have the Ugg label. They kept teasing her during several periods and made her miserable. :mad:

Much as I'd hate to say you should the "right" brand even if it's more expensive, you might want to consider it if a lot of that kind of teasing goes on at her school and if you think she might not be able to just ignore it. :(

Kids can be so mean. What a shame they did that to your DD. I'm sure it happens all over the place. That's what make kids really want the name brand.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes kids can be very mean over many things sadly, one upmanship (sp). My 15 yo has wanted Uggs and said you can't have anything but the real ones... she does not have a pair yet. I suggested she could save her $ to get them.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kids can be so mean. What a shame they did that to your DD. I'm sure it happens all over the place. That's what make kids really want the name brand.

Yes kids can be very mean over many things sadly, one upmanship (sp). My 15 yo has wanted Uggs and said you can't have anything but the real ones... she does not have a pair yet. I suggested she could save her $ to get them.

Thanks, I really appreciate your comments. My daughter has a thin skin and low boiling point, and when the school allows this kind of teasing to go on (I know they can't catch it all, but there's a LOT of it...), she blows up and then guess who gets in trouble. Sigh.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
When our boys were in grammar school it was the Nike pump sneakers at $100 a pair. I could not afford them especially three pairs and you know the pump feature will fail at some point.

I also recall being teased because of a certain coat and boots my mom bought me.

You love the outfit or shoes until a classmate makes fun of you then you hate it. This is why some parents wait to buy school clothes after school starts.

Timeless and sad how cruel it can be.

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems like only a few years ago, that I caved in and bought them sketchers (shoes with the roller skates in them). Had to be the name brand - not the knock offs. Young DD has grown into her sisters pair but didn't want them (even though they still looked great). I ended up donating them to the poor.

I guess sketchers are out of style now? Hope Uggs stay in style long enough
for us to get the value out of it (by passing down to other dd).

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recall NEEDING 2 kinds of loafers - Weejuns and Lady Bostonians (which had to be the pebble grain). Villagers were the thing for clothes - only specific styles.

I put in a strong vote for school uniforms or a very specific dress code - e.g. several colors of polo shirts, chinos, and so forth.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
If you live near an outlet center, check to see if there is an Ugg store there. There is an outlet store at Woodbury Commons in Central Valley, NY nd the prices for the common Uggs were a lot less than retail.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair on ebay for $109, that at least look like the real thing. I hope they are.

-David

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Back in the day in the 70's, you weren't doing it right if you wore painter's pants and cargo pants that came from anywhere other than the Army/Navy Store. Some things never change!

I have a 22yo daughter and Uggs have been in her life for at least five years, so I can say that they last in both use and fad-staying-power. There's that, at least - if you're spending the money for them you're not throwing it out the window.

It seems that each year, even though the old ones never go out of style, a new style comes into play. You probably won't find discounted prices on the latest and greatest, but I have found older styles at decent prices at TJMaxx. The local Marshall's have all changed recently so that the shoe departments are HUGE - maybe you can try there?

Good luck - last year my daughter found her Uggs after I searched all over creation and couldn't find them.

Susan

mepiccolo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been wearing Uggs here in Califorina for so many years I can't even remember when I first bought them, probably 14-15 years ago. They will never go out of style here in California, where people wear them near the beach year round. My son just started kindergarten this year and I see lots of moms wearing them to drop their kids off. They are incredibly comfortable and warm when it's cold. When I was pregnant I almost never took them off in the winter months. I even wore them to work (cool boss!)

Here in Huntington Beach they will occasionally go for sale at Huntington Beach Surf & Sport. The tall ones (to your calf) are more expensive than the short ones (above ankle). I personally think the tall ones look better if you are going to wear them with shorts or skirts (which is very common in my area). You can probably get the short ones on sale as low as $89.00, but that would be the lowest I've seen them on sale and I've noticed in the last 4-5 years they rarely are less than $110. There are alot of fake ones out there, but none compare to the quality of the Uggs, which will last a long, long time. I do recommend you don't buy her the lightest sand color because they do get pretty dirty.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I'm sorry, but the idea of it being cold enough in Huntington Beach to require Uggs, just has me :rofl:

I grew up in southern California and now live in the Bay area. I bought my first pair of warm boots when I went to Switzerland in February. Now that was cold. ;)