• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When II gets it wrong?

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was CLEAR as a bell stating I would only accept 8 - 15 of august (not 7th check in)because I already had my own Manor Club reserved 8 - 15 and wanted a second unit for my parents. They said that was fine and they said it has highlighted. I just received confirmation for 7 - 14!!!:mad: I've heard it's not always easy to cancel II. I sent an email, but will call later when they open. Think it'll be resolved? THANKS

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They'll just put your request back the way it was before.

FYI,
Saturday check ins are difficult to get in exchange. You should think about whether it's worth it to keep the 7-14 and figure out how to manage the last night in one unit instead of two.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as you call within 24 hours of the match, no harm no foul. Politely remind the VC you speak with that you can only accept a Saturday check-in; if they do it right, they should never automatically match you, but should always call you first.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as you call within 24 hours of the match, no harm no foul. Politely remind the VC you speak with that you can only accept a Saturday check-in; if they do it right, they should never automatically match you, but should always call you first.

If the request is filled it will be automatically confirmed. II only calls to offer other options or in the case of a DVC confirmation they have been calling to just confirm that the exchanger is aware of the $95 fee. Otherwise if the request is an exact match there is no phone call. You will receive an email confirmation from which you have 24 hours to cancel with no penalty.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Problems with II? It's the norm not a mistake

Yup. Good ole II. You gotta love 'em. Wrong date? Wrong resort? Not what you wanted? Wrong unit size (always smaller)? No problem. It's confirmed. Deal with it.

I love the apologists for II. It's a real hoot to read the excuses they always offer for any situation. I don't know why anyone puts up with some of the worse "service" from any so called service organization and being a second class member as II does to it's paying members.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
II has a period of 24 hours that you can cancel anything they automatically match to your request.

John, they are no different than RCI in that respect. I always have RCI trying to convince me to take an overlapping vacation, or the last suggestion I received when my exchange was one day off: "There are some nice bed and breakfasts you could try for that one day you don't have a place to stay." Gee, thanks, I would never have thought of that, but cancel that exchange anyway, and just put my request in as it was. :rolleyes:

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup. Good ole II. You gotta love 'em. Wrong date? Wrong resort? Not what you wanted? Wrong unit size (always smaller)? No problem. It's confirmed. Deal with it.

I love the apologists for II. It's a real hoot to read the excuses they always offer for any situation. I don't know why anyone puts up with some of the worse "service" from any so called service organization and being a second class member as II does to it's paying members.

You always jump on II but how come you dont post anything in the threads about RCI cancelling confirmed exchanges?

And when you jump in on II how come you dont mention that you have gotten good trades as an II member?

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if you restrict it to day-of-week? I thought that required a phone call as well...

No, any exact match of an exchange request will be confirmed automatically, with the exception of confirmations that require special notification of fees, construction etc.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
George, John is just being ornery. I get a kick out of it. :D DVC and II are his favorite topics. The thing is, I am starting to understand him a bit better, the more I stay at DVC. And II has sub-par service and quality, but it is on par with RCI. Both companies need to learn customer service.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to say, John, your constant II drumbeat would carry more water if you weren't suggesting RCI as the alternative with better customer service.

I use both, like both, and don't see much difference between them---each has strengths and weaknesses, but neither would be the exemplar I'd use for good customer service.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
George, John is just being ornery. I get a kick out of it. :D DVC and II are his favorite topics. The thing is, I am starting to understand him a bit better, the more I stay at DVC. And II has sub-par service and quality, but it is on par with RCI. Both companies need to learn customer service.

The funniest thing about his II rants is that a few months ago he posted that he gets great II trades any time he wants.

I was thinking about how I cant get any good II trades while I was in my two bedroom Harborside unit a couple weeks ago. I'll probably be thinking the same thing when I'm in my two bedroom DVC Wilderness Lodge unit in February. :D :D

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess as my February 2BR is "only" at OKW, I really don't get good trades---must be because I'm using an individual membership with an independent resort rather than a favored chain account.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess as my February 2BR is "only" at OKW, I really don't get good trades---must be because I'm using an individual membership with an independent resort rather than a favored chain account.

I have an individual membership as well and I had to settle for a DVC unit in February too.

BTW, I love OKW. I was there the last two years. The units are larger than the other DVC units and the place is beautiful.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. They did cancel it - but they tried to convince me to accept a one bedroom.

I am looking for Manor club 2 beds aug 8 - 15 with my Aruba 2 bed. Do you think I'll get the exchange? It seems relatively easy... ??? THANKS!

Last edited:

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will get it, no question about it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm doing the happy dance! THANKS:whoopie:

A long as a week with those exact dates is deposited it will come through. The confrimed exchange proves that you have the trading power. There is no difference in trading power based on check in date.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
A long as a week with those exact dates is deposited it will come through. The confrimed exchange proves that you have the trading power. There is no difference in trading power based on check in date.

But does cancelling a confirmation put me back at the bottom?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

There really isn't a front of the line per saym, per II. People suggest getting your request in early so you have the best chance and longest amount of time to get the match. Matches are made based on trading power. Those with higher trade value have their exchanges come through first. So if I have a MGV gold week in for exchange that has the highest trading power of everyone else requesting Hawaii I would get my exchange next. However; if someone comes along with a Manor Club platinum that has a higher trade value, the person with the Manor Club should get their trade before my MGV even if they made their request three months after me.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score

Stop worrying.:D Your going to get it.:D I have used a Westgate week to get a second MMC unit during August for the last three years. Now smile and start the happy dance again.:D

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Canceling a confirmation puts you at the bottom.

Instead of dealing with II, an alternative would have been calling the resort directly and asking for the manager. Explain this to them, pointing out that you are an owner, and maybe they'd have changed it internally or just extended you for the extra day. I have successfully done this at two resorts.

Last edited:

Mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about II's method, but with RCI that wouldn't be true. The earliest request with adequate trade power trumps the resort with the highest trade power with a later request date. That is to encourage early deposits. Of course, II could have a system like you suggest, to encourage the deposit of the high-demand week. With RCI, if the request is reinstated with the original request date, you keep your place in line. But if they start a new search, you're back at the end of the line, and had better hope enough units are deposited to satisfy everyone else who already requested (and has enough trade power).

There really isn't a front of the line per saym, per II. People suggest getting your request in early so you have the best chance and longest amount of time to get the match. Matches are made based on trading power. Those with higher trade value have their exchanges come through first. So if I have a MGV gold week in for exchange that has the highest trading power of everyone else requesting Hawaii I would get my exchange next. However; if someone comes along with a Manor Club platinum that has a higher trade value, the person with the Manor Club should get their trade before my MGV even if they made their request three months after me.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Canceling a confirmation puts you at the bottom.

Instead of dealing with II, an alternative would have been calling the resort directly and asking for the manager. Explain this to them, pointing out that you are an owner, and maybe they'd have changed it internally or just extended you for the extra day. I have successfully done this at two resorts.

Cancelling a confirmation doesnt put you at the bottom of any list. Mainly because there really is no list. Pending requests are determined by trade power and higher trading units will get the exchange before lesser trading units even when deposited later.
The date of deposit is used as a tie breaker assuming trade power is the same.
Even assuming there was a list, it wouldnt be a factor with the OP because the confirmation was made due to an error by II.