• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What to Charge A Guest Using Your Points

Tee1966

Reaction score
How much should I charge a guest for using my points which is 17,640 points at my timeshare Grandview in Las Vegas. it cost $99 to reserve it, $79 for guest certificate and $49 for points protection. My guest will be staying for 3 nights in April 2018. What would be a fair price to charge? Let me change that, you can't rent, but what would be a good gifting amount in exchange letting them be a guest in the timeshare?

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
RCI does not allow you to rent out exchanges.

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t pay for point protection, you can always add it later if you needed to cancel.

ETA: the above poster is correct, you’re not allowed to rent. Gifting is okay though so I’d expect a belated Christmas gift from my grateful friends/relatives in the $350-400 range, lol!

Last edited:

Tee1966

Reaction score
I wouldn’t pay for point protection, you can always add it later if you needed to cancel.

ETA: the above poster is correct, you’re not allowed to rent. Gifting is okay though so I’d expect a belated Christmas gift from my grateful friends/relatives in the $350-400 range, lol!
I love that response!!! Thanks.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI does not allow you to rent out exchanges.

There *used* to be a slight exception that RCI would let you charge/recoup the booking fee and guest cert fee.

But that was a long time ago and may have changed.

(and then there's some odd exception to the entire renting thing as well if it's points vs. something else--if I recall correctly).