• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are you cooking?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
¿How can anything with Hot Dogs added not be great?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I'm busy cleaning my garage, so the slow cooker is doing the heavy lifting today. Making a Chili Cheese Hot Dog casserole thing, from a recipe I found online. https://cooktopcove.com/2017/05/03/how-to-make-chili-cheese-hot-dog-casserole-in-a-slow-cooker/

Not fancy, but sounds good. We'll see. Hot dog buns, sliced hot dogs, canned chili, diced onions, cheddar cheese, and a bit of Dijon mustard. I added a can of diced green chillies just to give it a little punch. Layered together, it looks messy as all get out. We'll see how it tastes. Will serve it with sour cream on top, and some fresh salsa chips on the side.

Dave

That does not sound appealing to me at all! I’d have to double up on my Pepcid before bed!

Lately I feel like @beachclubmom - I look at my family and think- why do you always have to eat?

We have started ordering out more. It’s getting expensive though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That does not sound appealing to me at all! I’d have to double up on my Pepcid before bed!

Lately I feel like @beachclubmom - I look at my family and think- why do you always have to eat?

We have started ordering out more. It’s getting expensive though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, it wasn’t bad, if you ever eat chili dogs. This had that flavor, but in a bowl.

Dave

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tonight, I made homemade channa masala from dried chick peas in my new InstantPot (a birthday gift from my DH and DD.) I also made homemade chicken vindaloo with bok choi, and homemade raita. Had pre-made mini-samosas from Aldi that were pretty good, and fresh roti (from Costco, of all places.) So, so good. Both of the main dishes were new to me (in terms of cooking,) and I was pleased with how they turned out. I have a sister/friend who is of Kashmiri descent, so my standards for "good Indian food" are pretty high, LOL!

I had meant to take a picture, but we were too hungry. :( Leftovers aren't as photogenic, LOL!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And, to go back to the discussion from Monday....I enjoy the cooking. And, on the weekends, I even enjoy the planning. But it's the weekday decision-making that makes me tired. I make decisions all-day; I am the only one in the family that has a "regular", executive-level job. All I ask is that someone--other than me--think about dinner and consider what they might be in the mood for, and maybe check and see if we have the ingredients. Again, don't mind making it, but do I have to be the only to think about it before everyone else gets hangry because they are surprised that dinner happens EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. ?!?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was supposed to stir fry scallops and prawns with vegetables tonight but the scallops and prawns were still frozen. They will be for tomorrow's dinner. Tonight's dinner was pizza - I made using 365 Cauliflower crust and it was very good and my husband used Cali'flour flatbread as his crust and he had 3 of them. I finished the whole pizza all by myself! We added Italian Cheese blend, Italian sausage, pepperoni and sliced onion. I added lots of dried red chili flakes to mine.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Sunday I did a deep dive in the freezer and found a 3lb corned beef left over from after Paddys Day sale, I paid $5 for it. Cooked it up in the Instapot with potatoes, carrots and cabbage.

Monday I made bubble and squeek with eggs from leftovers.

Today I finished off the leftovers with a corned beef hash, now its off to the newly re-opened beach for a 20 mile bike to work off this:

01ebb4640f84e4b506411c12758e0024.jpg

Saute onions and peppers in butter.
Throw in chopped potatoes when onions are translucent, I like yukon golds.
Throw in chopped corned beef.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Mix and turn over when browned on the bottom.
Make shallow wells and crack in a few eggs.
Finish in 250 oven for 12-15 min depending how you like the eggs, soft to hard.
Best to use iron skillet for easy transfer to oven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last night I made Instant Pot, Split Pea, Lentil, and Ham Soup. It looks like mud, but it was delicious! We had a rare rainy day, so it was perfect. (It's rare to get rain in California in May.)

This was an exciting event, because this was the first time I dipped into my emergency supply of 30 lbs. of assorted dried beans.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Venturing into the vegetarian world tonight. Making Thai Curry Hot Pot with crispy tofu. We shall see how it goes.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I used to tell my kids, didn't you just eat yesterday? :D

You get to a point where you just can't make another dinner. Then you get over it, but there are days where the meal prep seems endless!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm lucky, because my husband loves it when I make a big pot of something his likes, and he will eat it for days. I just have to add a salad and bread and I'm done.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
And, to go back to the discussion from Monday....I enjoy the cooking. And, on the weekends, I even enjoy the planning. But it's the weekday decision-making that makes me tired. I make decisions all-day; I am the only one in the family that has a "regular", executive-level job. All I ask is that someone--other than me--think about dinner and consider what they might be in the mood for, and maybe check and see if we have the ingredients. Again, don't mind making it, but do I have to be the only to think about it before everyone else gets hangry because they are surprised that dinner happens EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. ?!?
When someone asks me, "What do you want for dinner?" I think "what I want is for someone else to make it"! That said, my husband was laid off from his job a few years ago when <<big corporation>> closed our local site. He started cooking since he was home and it was amazing at first. He was really good at it and I enjoyed coming home to an already made dinner. Then he started thinking that he was a chef and began putting together odd food combinations and straying significantly from the recipes and I had to say uncle.

Btw, this is my latest favorite because it is surprisingly tasty, easy to prep, and I can use up all of my leftover chicken. https://www.skinnytaste.com/cheesy-rotisserie-chicken-enchilada-skillet/

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I made pulled pork in my Instant Pot. Take a 3-4 pound bone-in pork shoulder roast, put it in the Instant Pot with 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of water, 1 C catsup based BBQ sauce (KC Masterpiece type), 1 tsp liquid smoke and cook it on high pressure for 3 hours.

While its cooking, make a Carolina BBQ sauce:
  • 2 C cider vinegar
  • 2 T dark brown sugar
  • 1 T catsup
  • 1/2 t cayenne pepper
  • 1 t crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 t fresh ground pepper
  • 1 t salt

Place the ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Take it off heat and let it cool.

After the meat finish cooking, remove it from the pot and place on a sheet pan. Defat the captured juice and reserve 1/2 cup and combine with 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce from above.

Shred the pork with two forks into bite size pieces and place into a pot or bowl. Mix in the juice/BBQ sauce mixture until it has a desired moistness.

Serve on buns with cole slaw, onion, pickle slices cheese (we like Swiss) ... whatever you want.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have to share this. Never expected it to taste so good.

Who knew I would love cauliflower. I had a cauliflower sitting in my house for two weeks that was in my organic vegetable farm order. Normally not a fan of cauliflower. I love eggplant stacks. This is my take on it using Cauliflower. It is even better. I would make this for company and they would never know it is cauliflower.

This is one portion, multiply for how many servings you want. I use 3 1/2 oz of raw cauliflower riced, added one ounce of shredded mozzarella and one egg white. I placed them in egg rings to keep them the same size. Cooked on the stovetop like pancakes, browned on both side.

I used a total of a 1/4 cup of jar marinara sauce. I placed a tablespoon on the bottom of an individual dish. I then stacked layers of a cauliflower pancake with a mix of shredded bagged mozzarella and fresh mozzarella, using 3 oz. This is where you can choose your favorites, using less cheese and adding meat. Topped the closing layer with the rest of the cheese and then covered with the rest of the sauce, baked at 400, 20 minutes.

Sliced it looks great. It was yummy.

7A4EC6A3-723C-462D-814B-53D8D3F78C1D.jpeg

957123C0-1A2A-4EE4-A373-F33065EF5834.jpeg
8EE2DCF3-F219-448C-828C-B20E4A16F4CC.jpeg

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love going through what everyone is having. My wife cooks or my son bbq's and I eat way too much. We had 2-3 crockpots and when my in laws passed we inherited several more. I think we have about seven in a few different sizes. We are the ones that do all the family gatherings so the crockpots all get used.
Probably our absolute favorite thing from the crock pot are my wife's chocolate or lemon crockpot cakes. They come out best when using the cheapest cake mix. After doing big full cakes my wife decided to split the mix into 2 batches and uses her smaller crockpots. We eat one cake and the other gets frozen (freeze great) for another time.
She got so good at making the cakes that my sons best friends asked 3 years ago if she would make some for their wedding reception. For us at home she doesn't ice the cakes because they already come out thick and rich tasting. For the reception she made about 7 cakes (might have been 9 cakes) and included white and strawberry.
She also went on the Internet and learned how to make chocolate ribbons. She iced most of these.
Well, she turned out to be the hit of the wedding overshadowing the caterer and I think even the couple.
People were asking for pieces of the other cakes after eating their first piece. The wedding had approx fifty guests which were mostly family and good friends. So if you haven't tried making a crockpot cake don't hesitate and do it.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I made Shepherd's Pie and put into 10 individual casserole dishes yesterday. We had 2 last night. The 2 on the left in this picture will go into the oven for dinner tonight, served with hydroponically home grown salad greens. I am showing off the casserole dishes as they are so pretty!

1591056137228.png

Out of the oven...

1591060088269.png

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter, once she graced us with her presence downstairs at 2 pm in the afternoon (this is the first official day of summer vacay,) made homemade churros for the first time. I was impressed both by how they tasted *and* the fact that she didn't burn down the house with hot oil.

And then I made pork chops with gravy in the Instant Pot (third time using it.) I threw some potatoes and carrots in, then took the potatoes out and mashed them separately while I slightly thickened the gravy. Very tasty, esp. with some fresh thyme from our CSA.

Attachments

• homemade churros.jpg
    homemade churros.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 83641342_10158420022949154_8178317403231354880_o.jpg
    83641342_10158420022949154_8178317403231354880_o.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 12

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have been baking a lot! Recently I made scones, cheesecake, lemon loaf, chocolate souffle, croissants (almond is everyone's favorite)...Today I did matcha macaron as my first attempt at making macaron. It was quite tasty despite not being the prettiest :)

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Often I ask my wife to make me a portabelo sandwich. I'm a big meat eater and love a good hamburger but will take a good portabelo sandwich with all the fixings any day.
Hi neighbor! I have been grilling portobello mushroom quite a bit. The little Mexican grocery store in the same plaza as Trader Joe's has the best price!

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bachelor fruit salad.

Frozen raspberry/blueberry/blackberry mix
Frozen sweet cherries
canned pineapple
raisins
one banana
one apple.

Both the banana and apple can be washed before peeling (In these days I'm leery of fresh foods.)

Throw the frozen stuff in a bowl and add the raisins.
Let thaw.
Wash and add the banana and apple (peeled and chopped).

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi neighbor! I have been grilling portobello mushroom quite a bit. The little Mexican grocery store in the same plaza as Trader Joe's has the best price!
Not sure of the location where you go but ours in Cupertino is also next to Trader Joe's in a Mexican Produce Market on Homestead and Foothill, is it the same place?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tonight: Chicken and dressing casserole, fresh asparagus, fresh french bread and big salads.

IMG_5645.JPG

Last edited: