• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are you cooking?

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Which uuni do you have? Thinking of getting one. Is it easy enough? What surface did you place it on?

We have the Uuni 3. There’s a pizza stone that makes up the floor of the oven and we put the pizzas directly on the stone.

It works really well although there’s a little learning curve in using it- how long to preheat it, how many wood pellets to use, ensuring the temp doesn’t drop when you’re cooking a pizza, etc. Not terribly hard to master but it does take a little practice.

You really need an infrared thermometer to take temps of the oven interior prior to cooking.

At 700ishF the pizzas cook in about 3 min. We rotate once during cooking since the back of our oven seems to be way hotter than the front.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Some recent meals. Comfort foods is a theme.

Lasagna with Italian sausage. That was good for three dinners.

Meatballs with brown gravy and mashed potatoes. About 12 oz. ounces of frozen meatballs. Put them in the crock pot with brown gravy, carrots, celery, and onions, and let them simmer and cook for about five hours.

Penne pasta with shrimp, alfredo sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, and TJ's artichoke antipasto. Good for two meals and two more lunches.

Jambalaya with shrimp, chicken-apple sausage. Another crock-pot recipe. At least two dinners and lunches.

Cheese fondue

On the agenda for this week:

Barbecued spare ribs with mango and pineapple. Should be good for two meals.

More cheese fondue

Another lasagna

TJs Mandarin Orange chicken

I like your menu items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I just sent my family this poll.
843a5e8287efd125062ee33261745888.jpg

ETA to add my 12 year old added his own option grrr
ad41510e21e90237121e79b0a6b2b676.jpg

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We started doing #takeoutTuesday (but more like curbside pick-up or delivery) Tuesday to support some of our favorite local restaurants. But this week we did tossed pasta (pasta tossed with sauce, cream cheese, sausage, and greens) and my mom baked bread and did beef stew in her crockpot and dropped some of that off on our porch. We've ended up with lots of steaks and pork chops in our freezer, and it's been great grilling weather here, so we've done that quite a bit (plus, fresh asparagus on the grill=nomnomnom.) Thinking we might do some Middle Eastern inspired chicken/falafel tonight with salad and pita.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, and a friend/one of A's former teachers made a chicken/white bean/jalepeno soup that was too spicy for her family, so we did a porch swap of that for some of our homemade peach ginger jam. Just had the soup for lunch today, and it was delish! (And, apparently, zero points before I added a bit of shredded cheese and tortilla crumbs to top it off with, LOL!)

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Oh I made Ina Garten’s meatloaf the other night and it was delish.
f29763136ddf9eb4d2aa1dad4782cc47.jpg

I have never made meatloaf. Could take or leave my Mom's when it was hot, but OMG meatloaf sandwiches the next day, or even just a cold slab of meat eaten out of hand, were my absolute favorite! Before our favorite upscale restaurant moved two blocks and went all weird and sustainable cuisiney, their Cajun meatloaf was what I'd order anytime we were there for dinner. After one visit to their new meatloaf-less restaurant, complete with being given someone else's doggie bag because they were too hoitytoity to let you have your doggie bag at the table during dessert and instead piled them up near the hostess stand, we never went back.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
12 pound turkey for the two of us. :rolleyes:And I got it free when I purchased a certain amount of groceries last December.

View attachment 18537
Ooohhhhh -

Turkey is an excellent idea. Multiple meals and multiples, especially with freezer space. Turkey with mashed potatoes, gravy, etc. Carcass and scraps in the crock pot for broth. Myriad turkey soups. With rice. Vegetable and noodles. Turkey tortilla soup. Turkey enchiladas. Turkey casseroles.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I planned ahead and got the ingredients for this puff pastry pot pie to make with some of the leftovers, using turkey instead of chicken. It does have some ingredients that I usually do not have on hand. It's quite good. I have found that almost any recipe from America's Test Kitchen is excellent.

Chicken (Or Turkey), Spinach and Artichoke Pot Pie with Puff Pastry Topping

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Tonight it is smoked brisket. A local restauranteur smoked 10-12 pound briskets and sold them for $100 each with all profits going to paying his employees while he is closed.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Last night I made a quick spicy pasta dish in the Instant Pot. It was sooo easy:
I took half a bag of frozen chopped onions, a spoonful of chopped garlic and used the saute option with olive oil
Then I added about 5 shakes of my 'zesty italian seasoning blend'
I added a can of tomato sauce (just plain 12 oz can, not seasoned pasta sauce) and another can full plus 1/2 of water, a small box of chickpea pasta, small bag of frozen veggies, and a bag of frozen vegan meatballs
I put it on high pressure for 4 minutes and did quick release, stirred and served. It was great! Husband and I loved it. Kiddo ate something more kiddo-ish.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Today I made prune bread. I got lazy and made two full size loaves, rather than make eight babies like I usually do. At some point next week we'll be taking a loaf to Mom, along with two dozen ginger snaps, a bag of lemons and the See's Easter candy I snagged before See's ceased operations. She has masks for us -- apparently they come with Dad's hospice supplies. Don't plan on going inside the house.

image.jpeg

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another beautiful dish. :thumbup:

I love to cook so that is one good thing about this sip. I have more time to do some of my more elaborate favorites. It is easy to make it beautiful......red and green or orange and green.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Tonight:
Frozen fried shrimp from a bag.
Frozen hush puppies from a bag.
Red Lobster biscuits from a box.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I love to cook so that is one good thing about this sip. I have more time to do some of my more elaborate favorites. It is easy to make it beautiful......red and green or orange and green.
Ever since SIP, my husband has not had has usual breakfast item for lunch at his favorite restaurant. We golfed this morning and since we finished early, I offered to fix eggs, bacon and hash brown. He jumped on it and I must say those were some of the best bacon we have had, and they were from Butcherbox. On Monday or Tuesday I will be cooking gumbo. :)

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Pasta. Lots of pasta. My kids are already complaining. I do want to make Mississippi pot roast this weekend.
My son loves the Thai style ramen noodles I got. I wish we could’ve gotten the fresh version but this will do.

I made the Mississippi pot roast two nights ago. It was the best ever. I didn't have the au jus mix and put some beef bouillon on top of the roast instead and added a little more water.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Tonight:
Frozen fried shrimp from a bag.
Frozen hush puppies from a bag.
Red Lobster biscuits from a box.

Hey, it's at least home prepared!