• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John Master Thread - Part 3 [Dec. 2017 and forward]

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Yes to outside hot tub.
B43 and B44 are the layout without moving wall. Although there was an attempt to change B41-B42 villas to a fixed wall between bedrooms - perhaps they were updated after H.Irma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I’ve decided one day I will own one of these 3 br pool units with the hot tub too. The right week/deal would need to come along and I’d probably sell another week to make it possible. Seems like paradise!

mpc5473

Reaction score
Post Irma remodel neither added a hot tub nor a permanent wall in building 42. A couple years ago there was a movement to make the wall permanent. It never materialized. I believe it had to do with some owners failing to respond to the vote.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Post Irma remodel neither added a hot tub nor a permanent wall in building 42. A couple years ago there was a movement to make the wall permanent. It never materialized. I believe it had to do with some owners failing to respond to the vote.

Correct - they actually could not get responses from one/couple of owners.
Thought, H.Irma May have changed that

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I’ve decided one day I will own one of these 3 br pool units with the hot tub too. The right week/deal would need to come along and I’d probably sell another week to make it possible. Seems like paradise!

That was exactly what I did! Now I spend my birthday there each year.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

I saw a 3Bd Plat+ week on RW for a very low price.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
I saw a 3Bd Plat+ week on RW for a very low price.

I saw that one! I couldn’t use week 8 bc I’m a teacher but it is a nice chunk of staroptions! Also I don’t believe that unit has the hot tub or sleeping capacity of 10. It still would be a great buy though.

Do the 3br VGV units have nice views of the water?

Gatorfan

Reaction score
First post here so hopefully I don't mess it up. Thank you all for all the great advice as we bought our VGV unit on resale last year. We're 2 weeks away from heading to St. John if everything remains open and we don't bail out. My question relates to the restricted staroptions as I'm within 60 days. Please let me know if I am understanding this right. If I cancel I have 120 days to make a new reservation and the stay tied to that reservation has to take place before 12/31/2021. Is that right? Thanks in advance.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
First post here so hopefully I don't mess it up. Thank you all for all the great advice as we bought our VGV unit on resale last year. We're 2 weeks away from heading to St. John if everything remains open and we don't bail out. My question relates to the restricted staroptions as I'm within 60 days. Please let me know if I am understanding this right. If I cancel I have 120 days to make a new reservation and the stay tied to that reservation has to take place before 12/31/2021. Is that right? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TUG.

If I understand correctly - that is correct.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
This may have been covered already in this thread but I have not kept up with it. We canceled a trip to Ritz Carlton St Thomas for 7 nights on July 15. I am so bummed we canceled because it looks like USVIs are opening up now. We could have gone after all. But if I would have canceled any later than we did, we would have had all those points go into holding and they would have been hard to use. Now I would like to figure out what I can reschedule for 2020 or 2021 since I still have all these MVC DPs and Star Options. Would anyone be so kind as to share what the travel requirements are for the USVIs? Also, we fly out of SFO on the west coast. What are the flights like to get to STT from SFO? It was complicated pre Covid so I can only imagine how much more effort and expense it will take to get there post Covid.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Would anyone be so kind as to share what the travel requirements are for the USVIs?

Valid DriveLicense and official birth certificate are good enough but if you want to go to any non US island, you’ll need a passport.

Also, we fly out of SFO on the west coast. What are the flights like to get to STT from SFO? It was complicated pre Covid so I can only imagine how much more effort and expense it will take to get there post Covid.

I recommend doing a search on Kayak.com and looking at your options. Unless you have status with a particular airline, it often makes sense to choose a different airline for your return flight.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Valid DriveLicense and official birth certificate are good enough but if you want to go to any non US island, you’ll need a passport.

I recommend doing a search on Kayak.com and looking at your options. Unless you have status with a particular airline, it often makes sense to choose a different airline for your return flight.

Thank you. What are the Covid requirements to enter and leave the USVI / St Thomas right now? Is there a quarantine or testing required like in Hawaii?

Gatorfan

Reaction score
Thank you. What are the Covid requirements to enter and leave the USVI / St Thomas right now? Is there a quarantine or testing required like in Hawaii?
Best bet is to follow the USVI Government Health Department. Lots of info at this link:

They entered the "Open Doors" phase on 6/1. From what I've read and heard from the Governor's press conferences, they would not rule out a roll back to the "Safer at Home" or another earlier phase.

There are temperature checks and verbal screening at the airport. We have to fly through San Juan and they are supposedly doing the same there and may even have optional rapid testing.

The USVI have had some new cases after switching to "Open Doors" so hopefully things will not get worse and force a backward status change.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The biggest risk - aside from flying in an enclosed cylinder with other people and lack of health resources in USVI - are the flight logistics. Too many stories of bad experiences- especially when there is any transfer involved (like from SFO/SJC).

ferndale

TUG Member
Reaction score
wow, I missed a lot going on with this forum. We own a 3 bed pool villa in building 44. Absolutely love it, and we use the hot tub multiple times a day. We are avid scuba divers, and snorkelers once we have hit our daily max of compressed air. I get cold in the ocean, so the hot tub is fantastic. The upstairs layout is the same for building 43,44, and basically the condo has 3 master suites each with their own bathroom. Makes trips with other couples or unrelated people upstairs much easier as no shared bathroom. happy to answer any questions about the pool villas for anyone. Missed our week this year, and our annual drinks and hanging out with DavidnRobin

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Missed our week this year, and our annual drinks and hanging out with DavidnRobin

We miss you guys as well - hopefully, by June 2021 things will be back to semi-normal. Say ‘Hi!’ to all - and stay safe.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Just received this email. Received my tax bill a week or so ago.

The Westin St. John Resort Villas
The Government of the United States Virgin Islands (“USVI”) is mailing out the 2020 property tax bills and has also posted the bills on-line for “owners of record as of January 1, 2020.”

Deadline to Pay The 2020 Tax: August 31, 2020

If you do not receive your bill, you will need to look up your account online to get the Bill Amount. To look up your account, follow these steps:
  1. Go to VI Online Services
  2. Click on “Online Services” at the top right of the page
  3. Under “Searches” click on “Tax Bill Search”
  4. You may search either by Parcel Number, if you know it, or by Last Name
  5. The results will list all years of your account at the bottom of the page. Look for 2020 on the left and click the Account # to the right of the tax year. Next, click Bill # to retrieve Detail. The website indicates a due date of June 30, 2020 and, bills will be considered late if paid after August 31, 2020.
Payment of property tax bills issued by the Virgin Islands Government can be made in person at any of the Tax Collector Offices. The Tax Collector’s Office accepts checks, cash, money orders, ATM, debit, and credit cards (Visa and Mastercard only). Credit card payments may be made via e-mail or by mail using the Credit Card Authorization Form found at the Office of Tax Collection website under Forms. The parcel number is required to make payment via credit card.

Mail payments to:
Tax Collector
5049 Kongens Gade #18
St. Thomas, USVI 00802-6487

Be sure to include your parcel number on your check.

Postmark dates will be honored. If you do not receive a tax bill, it may be because the assessor’s office has the incorrect mailing address. You may fill out and submit a Request for Change of Address Form found at the Office of the Tax Assessment website and mail it to the office of the Tax Assessor at 5049 Kongens Gade #18, St. Thomas, VI 00802.

Online Tax Bill Payment (Optional method of payment) Available for 2020

You will need your control number and invoice number,which can be found on the back of your property tax bill, to make payment. You may request a copy of your tax bill through the office of Tax Collection. Follow the instructions below to make a payment:
  1. Go to VI Online Services
  2. Under &quotActivities&quot click on &quotPay Tax Bill&quot
  3. Enter the control number and invoice number highlighted at the bottom
  4. Click on &quotLog in&quot
  5. Click the applicable tax year(s) to add the years to be paid, including any prior year’s unpaid taxes
  6. At the bottom of the page click &quotAdd to Invoice&quot
  7. Scroll to bottom and click &quotPay Invoice&quot
  8. Enter email information for receipt and click &quotContinue&quot
  9. Follow instructions to complete transaction
For questions regarding the assessment, payment of taxes or parcel data, please contact the Office of Tax Assessment at 340-774-2991. For a copy of your tax bill or copy of paid tax bill, please contact the Office of Tax Collection at 340-774-2991 or visit the website Lieutenant Governor.

Sincerely,

Vistana Management, Inc.

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
What would you do?....Had 83,000 Star Options showing they expired in 2020 after cancelling a July Vistana reservation. Not ONE, but TWO Vistana Reps told me that was wrong because they were 2018 Star Options and I was a WSJ owner and had 3 years to use them because of the hurricane. I was told they would have to manually move them to a 2021 expiration date since the computer wasn't programmed to do that. I called back today to cancel our Weeks 43 and 44 this year:cry: and asked about this again since the Star Options were still showing a 2020 expiration date. After being on hold for quite a while the Rep came back stated those were from 2017 and they were definitely going to expire at the end of this year......What!! My husband doesn't want to fly this year and wanted to know what my options might be? Would it help to write a Supervisor? Convert to Bonvoy Points?.....What is the conversion rate? Or maybe book a few hotel nights? Has anyone done this? These are more Star Options than I get for my $2000 plus maintenance fee for our 1 BR at WSJ. Thanks for any advice.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
If all else fails you could make a reservation for less than 60 days out for that amount and then cancel it. They should then become restricted options with a December 2021 expiry.
Sorry there isn’t much better alternative that I can see as these are unrestricted banked SO so the usual rules would apply.

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
If all else fails you could make a reservation for less than 60 days out for that amount and then cancel it. They should then become restricted options with a December 2021 expiry.
Sorry there isn’t much better alternative that I can see as these are unrestricted banked SO so the usual rules would apply.
Sounds like a good option at this point. Thanks!
Carolyn

suzanna945

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
Just wondering when everyone would feel truly comfortable going back.

Are amenities even open at the resort right now?

We've always been do-it-yourselfers, mostly beach people, and don't hang out a lot at the main pool or eat a lot of meals at the resort, and we've always preferred going during slow season. I'm thinking this might be as good a time as any-considering, but I'm nervous about the tenuous state of the airlines right now: connection/delay/cancellation possibilities.

Any thoughts? Anyone actually staying at the resort right now?

Anyone have trouble getting there or getting back home?

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am comfortable going to St John......Its more safe there, then here.
Resort amenities are mostly open, except the fitness center, sauna, resort activities.
We like to go May thru November, never been during "peak" season.
We have a group arriving July 11th. From what I am reading in other forums, getting there and back is fine.....as long as your flight had not been previously canceled.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
We plan to be there for 2 weeks in Oct. Has anyone been to Waterlemon Cay (Leinster Bay) recently? Has it changed. How about Haulover Bay North (my favorite snorkeling spot)? Little Lameshur? Soloman?