• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Mission Hills

walumb01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to WMH in a couple weeks with wife and mother. We traded into a 2 bedroom unit. Got a call from a pre-check in concierge but she left a message. Have not called her back because she is off on Friday and Saturday. What is her function? As a non owner can I request specific location and is there a need? What are the preferred locations at this property. I am familiar with the desert but never stayed at this resort. We own at Desert Springs II......

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
The concierge calls to provide you with information about the resort, restaurants, tours, etc., and also to try to sign you up for a sales presentation (a.k.a. owners update for people who are already owners). Usually they will offer either Starpoints or a resort credit in return for attending the presentation.

We prefer 2nd floor rooms with a golf course view. Owners have priority requesting a view, followed by SVN members using Starpoints. Other exchangers are further down in the totem pole, and therefore might not be able to get the view they prefer. However, there is no harm in requesting your preferred view.

walumb01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are all units equal in their maintenance level? I read somewhere that the second floor is more desirable due to the noise factor of people being above you

walumb01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a map of the property anywhere? I would like to be near the tennis courts if possible

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a map of the property anywhere? I would like to be near the tennis courts if possible
The tennis courts are on the other end of the resort, a good (but nice) 10-minute walk from the closest villa. There are carts that pass by quite often and will give you a ride anywhere in the resort.

calche

TUG Member
Reaction score
We liked the second floor as well. Buildings such as 31 with golf course views are probably the best because they are closest to the hotel side, and not too far to the villa pools. We were there in December and were in Building 38, which was also okay. The concierge will try to get you to have a sales presentation on the new Westin Desert Willow site, which is in the huge block across the street from the JW Marriott -- pretty much where your Desert Springs is located.

Art

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are non-owners (2 couples) who will be checking in this coming Saturday, 1/17.

So far we haven't had any calls from a pre-checkin concierge. If this is someone we can call to request a floor or building, could someone please give us a name and phone number.

Thanks

Art

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Here is a link to the WMH resort webpage with that info.

For future reference, all the Starwood resort webpages are listed under "Resort Information," in Owner Resources at the top of the page.

Have a great trip! :hi:

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I believe there was a thread on this site recently discussing the poor wifi at the villas and hotel. If this will be an important part of your stay at WMH, you may want to check on it or make alternative internet arrangements. Kildahl

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The libraries used to have free Internet.

Art

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Other than the resort phone number, is there any specific guidance on the method of submitting a request (as an exchanger.)

Suggestions on building numbers are also welcome. My goal isn't to get the best villa on the property; but to get a fairly nice villa as far as exchangers go.

Thanks

Art

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)