• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Hawaii Nightly Taxes

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
When you add the 1BR side to the studio side, does it come to the amount of the full 2BR? Or is it more?

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Wow - considering switching my next reservation from a 1-bed to a studio. :)

Update: I canceled my 1-bed reservation and was able to book a Studio Deluxe, Oceanfront instead.

This was a good excuse to test an WORKV OF Studio for the first time. I once had a OF North studio with an excellent view of the restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Update: I canceled my 1-bed reservation and was able to book a Studio Deluxe, Oceanfront instead.

This was a good excuse to test an WORKV OF Studio for the first time. I once had a OF North studio with an excellent view of the restaurant.

The OFD studio is excellent - we stayed in ours last year and really liked it (normally rent it to help cover MFs).
Love the wall of windows next to table.
Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar

We have our owners update today and I intend being extremely vociferous about the room taxing situation and demand a rethink on the way they tax studios, especially OFD ;)

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

Good move; you will like the OF view. Probably a lot.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We have our owners update today and I intend being extremely vociferous about the room taxing situation and demand a rethink on the way they tax studios, especially OFD ;)

Thanks so much! It’s nice to know others who have my best interests at heart.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Thanks so much! It’s nice to know others who have my best interests at heart.

You will be glad to know I hit my 90 minute window and didn't have the stamina to prolong arguments so taxing never reared it's ugly head. I was going to ask how the 67,100/81,000 SO ratio resulted in the taxing ratio of $4.71/$28.56 but math didn't seem their strong point. After all they did offer to take my LGR off my hands in return for the same number of Westin Flex SO and around the same MFs as we pay now and were only going to charge me around $11K to do that. I politely declined :D

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
As of February 2024

Sheraton Kauai 1-Bed: $23.27 per night
Westin Princeville 1-Bed: $23.27 per night

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
As of February 2024

Sheraton Kauai 1-Bed: $23.27 per night
Westin Princeville 1-Bed: $23.27 per night
That’s cheap compared to $25 per night in USVI.