• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Welcome to the Holiday Inn Club Vacations Owner discussion forum on TUG!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just a welcome post for all Holiday Inn Club Vacation Timeshare owners as you now have your own discussion forum right here on TUG!

*note I will slowly start moving HICV specific threads into this forum as I go along!

golfman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian, I know this was talked about quite awhile ago. I am a 20 year owner at Orange Lake and with all the new owners into HICV there always seems to be somebody with issues or questions.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Thanks!

Only system I have ,, will be helpful!

Dave

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Thanks for setting this up. I've owned for 8 years. Love the flexibility. My next stay is at the Scottsdale locations. Looking forward to it.

Tfriley50

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange lake Orlando
Just throwing this out there any information is greatly appreciated. We bought at OL orlando in 2006 at the time it was weeks only. Every year since when we went there we were bothered by the sale dept to switch to the points system at an additional cost of $24000. We declined after a sales presentation. Then in 2017 my wife and daughter went and they again hounded them to switch. My wife agreed but only if it resulted in not having the fixed week. They reassured her that she was only combining both into the points system and the fixed week and all its maintenance fees would be gone. And we would get 116000 points every year on the old one and 55000 every other year on the new on. Then in 2018 I received fees for both timeshares and only 55000points on the new one nothing for the first one. After contacting OL they completely changed their tune and lied saying they never said we would only have one and that my wife knew what she was signing. We have the paper the guy wrote notes on explaining how many points we were getting each year and he showed fees for both crossing out the fixed week fees. We tried to get them to either refund the new one or combine both and they told us no.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
We too are week owners with Orange Lake bought about 30 years ago. We've used our 2 bedroom to stay there about 1/2 dozen times over the years. We usually just deposit to RCI and go somewhere else. We also own timeshares in 3 other systems. We own a week at Lawrence Welk, week at the Donatello, and points with Worldmark.
Bart

evans9155

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach
wish I would have found TUG sooner, like many many years ago. oh well, i'm a HICV owner for now, and your stuff has been really informative as I try to decide what to do with this "property"

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
wish I would have found TUG sooner, like many many years ago. oh well, i'm a HICV owner for now, and your stuff has been really informative as I try to decide what to do with this "property"
what do you own?

TXgalSAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV (old Silverleaf)
I'd like to learn how to use my HICV points. Can you direct me to where to start to learn to make the most of my HICV points?
I came from the Silverleaf time shares and LOVED them but I'm totally lost with HICV and am losing many points every year.
[No hard feelings if you decide to ignore this post. Anyone with advise is invited to comment. -Thanks!!!]

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
When you sign up online there is a owners guide about 180 pages
Learn this like the back of your hand
Plan your vacation at the 10 month window for best access to vacations.
lots of info in this section. More you learn the happier you would be.
Start by reading the owners guide, than message me and we can talk
Dave

TXgalSAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV (old Silverleaf)
Dave
I tried looking on the HIVC site to find what you were referring to but didn't see it. :( Can you provide a link or tell me what heading to look for, please?

TXgalSAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV (old Silverleaf)
Thank you so much! I discovered that some of the tabs aren't working for me, even after I refreshed my pages and signed in several times. Thanks to you and your encouragement, I finally was able to download this: Download the 2021 Member Guide PDF
I guess it's time to study!

TXgalSAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV (old Silverleaf)
Dave
Thanks, Dave. I know you are RIGHT when you say, "More you learn the happier you would be." I'll keep learning!

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Thanks Brian, we own a week at OL and have been using this to make IHG and internal trades.

Reaction score
I'd like to learn how to use my HICV points. Can you direct me to where to start to learn to make the most of my HICV points?
I came from the Silverleaf (help: silverleaf resorts customer service) time shares and LOVED them but I'm totally lost with HICV and am losing many points every year.
[No hard feelings if you decide to ignore this post. Anyone with advise is invited to comment. -Thanks!!!]

Thank you too

rdegrate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV New Orleans, HICV Seaside Galveston, HICV Desert Club (old Silverleaf owner)
Dave is correct, the more you learn about using the system and maximizing what you have. The more satisfied you will be with your purchase. Pay attention to time frame of when you book and what days of the week you book as well. Check out max-time offers to see if they fit you schedule, also a good way to stretch your points.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Dave is correct, the more you learn about using the system and maximizing what you have. The more satisfied you will be with your purchase. Pay attention to time frame of when you book and what days of the week you book as well. Check out max-time offers to see if they fit you schedule, also a good way to stretch your points.
Is it me or have the Max-Time offers all but dried up. Really not seeing any in 2021.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Is it me or have the Max-Time offers all but dried up. Really not seeing any in 2021.

I’ve noticed this also

I think people are booking and maybe some places are limited capacity so could be no need for the Max Time offers

TXgalSAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV (old Silverleaf)
Hi Dave/Tank. Just a follow up to thank you again for the information and the time it took to post those PICTURES of how to find the HICV Club Member Guide. I have downloaded it and have been reading it. I'm feeling better about things but still have a large amount of unused points so I am replying to postings on TUG Marketplace to "rent" my points. You are appreciated!

AstrosFan1313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a thread or post with the most recent Fee Sheet and/or Member Guide? Curious to know what the most current fees and information are for HICV owners. I'm not a current owner so I can't access it through the HICV Website.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if someone wishes to provide this, ill happily host it on TUG and make a sticky!