• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Website Outage Feb 1 at 10pm

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Website Outage.

Your owner website will be unavailable for use starting Feb. 1, 2020 at 10 p.m. ET through Feb. 2, 2020 at 10 a.m. ET as we make updates to your online experience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Looks like a good one, I'll be taking screen shots tomorrow. Boy do I miss the days of release notes (not that I've ever seen any with Wyndham, but in general, they seem to be more a thing of the past).

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Did they start early? Oh dear....

Just got this message while searching:

An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #30.8f034a17.1580489814.7626669

Now I can't log back in, I get this:

Internal Server Error - Read
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Reference #3.7c67c917.1580490050.72cc1858

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The system is available again, fyi.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Website Outage.

Your owner website will be unavailable for use starting Feb. 1, 2020 at 10 p.m. ET through Feb. 2, 2020 at 10 a.m. ET as we make updates to your online experience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Coincidentally and unusually, the WorldMark website will be unavailable for the same time frame.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
It's not 10 pm EST and they already took it down. So annoying. I can't cancel my 2/16 reservation or buy PP.

Hey, it's back up! Hallelujah! I canceled my PCB 2/16-18 and got my insignificant points back!

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
It's not 10 pm EST and they already took it down. So annoying. I can't cancel my 2/16 reservation or buy PP. I hate these Wyndham Mother Sellers! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Try again. I just now logged in.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
If this downtime doesn't result in significant gains, I will have to reevaluate my earlier indulgence of Wyndham IT! :)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
If this downtime doesn't result in significant gains, I will have to reevaluate my earlier indulgence of Wyndham IT! :)

Any significant gains will not occur until Project Holiday is implemented in late 2020 from what we learned at the annual owners meeting in Austin late last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any significant gains will not occur until Project Holiday is implemented in late 2020 from what we learned at the annual owners meeting in Austin late last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project Holiday!? Hmm! Who comes up with these confidence-sapping code names! Was Project Dead Slow taken by some other loser? :)

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Let's have some fun!
What code name would you assign to Wyndham IT's bumbling ventures to enhance your USER EXPERIENCE!
Who doesn't like to dump on Wyndham IT and vent our pent-up rage!
Let's be more creative than those clueless imbeciles but let's be creative while conforming to the norms of decency! :)

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Operation Wear Them Down!
Daze and confuse your users so they will just surrender and not put up a fight! :)

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Operation Waterboard!
Every time the users come up for air, suck it out of them and leave them gasping! :)

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Weltschmerz! :confused:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Haha, sorry I am no fun. Last project I was on the business decided it would be fun and exciting to name our releases after sports (but not the normal ones). We had badminton, foosball, etc. It was nuts. My only consolation was we convinced them to keep using release numbers, too. That's what happens when the business tells IT what to do.

And, the system is up! Yay. Have a great day, TUG. Will be interesting to see if there are any changes (hopefully for the good)!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
There's a little button that says Watch at the upper right of Sandi Bo's #1 post. Is that new?

Same old spinner!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Website Outage.

Looks like a good one, I'll be taking screen shots tomorrow. Boy do I miss the days of release notes (not that I've ever seen any with Wyndham, but in general, they seem to be more a thing of the past).
After a quick 10-15 minute jog around the site, I don’t see any changes. Anyone else?

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Web pages load much faster.:thumbup:

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
System Updates for Your Website
On Thursday, February 6th, your owner website will be unavailable starting at 12 a.m. ET as we make updates to your online experience.

With a hat tip to Tom Lehrer, "Brother, here we go again!"

Think they might fix the notification system behind the 'bell' icon? ;)

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
System Updates for Your Website
On Thursday, February 6th, your owner website will be unavailable starting at 12 a.m. ET as we make updates to your online experience.

With a hat tip to Tom Lehrer, "Brother, here we go again!"

Think they might fix the notification system behind the 'bell' icon? ;)
LOL - Wouldn't that be something? My birthday is coming up, would they do that for me?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I for sure still see these issues (I don't see anything fixed after the long outage on Feb 1):
* Alerts - See the bell, but never any alerts behind it
* Upgrades - Flakey as ever. 1 BR Suites may hang if the only thing available is the Lockoff they are part of; same behavior if you are offered an upgrade, select that you want it, and that upgrade-to room is no longer available. No message, just hang there (have to cancel out of booking process)
* Duplicate reservations and missing reservations
* I do not believe things are any faster post Feb 1 than they were previously. Cancelling takes forever (still). I think those of us with tons of reservations, past and present, may be in more trouble than others. Screens are taking longer to load (for VC's, too) because of the number of reservations. If they aren't working on performance and they don't have some archival method at some point (because they don't today), this is going to get incrementally more painful. Loading past reservations or looking at my points history is becoming more and more painful. If I select My Ownership, then Points, it takes 48 seconds for my page to load :-(

Let's hope the changes tonight help. I am not holding my breath. (I don't hold my breath while my pages load, either).

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Uh, the downtime warning is gone. Thus, I presume it was last night,
not tonight. And BTW I've always believed no one should schedule
*anything* for "12:00 am"! Can't the downtime wait one minute so
that it's completely unambiguous what day it is? :)

https://www.npl.co.uk/resources/q-a/is-midnight-12am-or-12pm
Haha, well nothing has been fixed... still... Most disheartening is these problems have existed since voyager launched. Some of these are quite simple to fix. But instead of stabilizing they've moved forward with 'enhancements' such as points protection, and guess holiday or whatever this new system is called.

And I agree with you 1000% on the 12:00am thing! I guess it did already happen, lol. Found this, fwiw... 12:00 am is the start of a new calendar day. 12:01 am is what comes next which would confirm that 12:00 is the start of the new calendar day.