• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Website change to HGV Max?

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a change on the club home page after they login? I logged into the site today and noticed that the logo in the top left of the home page now says "HGV Max".

1683145408745.png

It also shows me HGV resort specials (75% off) and it looks like I could book them. I selected a few days at the Scottsdale Links Resort and got to the booking confirmation page, I closed the page before finalizing it.

1683145513174.png

I have only bought resale, nothing from the developer so I should have nothing to do with Max.

Last edited:

HaberHGV

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las palmeras / W 57th / Maui
The website needs an overhaul…the login process is slow, the multiple windows that open are cumbersome (when you login, it shouldn’t open a separate window), and the searching for availability could be smoother.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Where did you buy your resale from? When? Did you get the option to opt in to Max and did it?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The website needs an overhaul…the login process is slow, the multiple windows that open are cumbersome (when you login, it shouldn’t open a separate window), and the searching for availability could be smoother.
We may be logging into different HGVC websites. Mine logs in quickly and only opens one window. This one has drop-downs for all the features I need. Searching for availability for a given location seems pretty easy. Put in dates, and it shows what's available. What more might you want to see?

Cheers.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where did you buy your resale from? When? Did you get the option to opt in to Max and did it?

From Judi K and from John Kushman (@ Resort Closings), I think closings were in February, March and at the end of April. Did not get an option to opt into Max.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
From Judi K and from John Kushman (@ Resort Closings), I think closings were in February, March and at the end of April. Did not get an option to opt into Max.
Thanks but which properties? Resale are not supposed to qualify you for Max but there are some that seem to confuse the system.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting. I am not aware of those being the ones that have confused the system. I have heard of folks who bought resale at Marbrisa, Craigendarrouch Lodges, and I think one of the other affiliates but I don't remember which. They received an email offering them the opt in option. Interesting that you didn't receive any but were automatically put in Max. Can you tell what Max Tier you are? That would tell us which of those may be counting as retail.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I am not aware of those being the ones that have confused the system. I have heard of folks who bought resale at Marbrisa, Craigendarrouch Lodges, and I think one of the other affiliates but I don't remember which. They received an email offering them the opt in option. Interesting that you didn't receive any but were automatically put in Max. Can you tell what Max Tier you are? That would tell us which of those may be counting as retail.

How can I find out which Max Tier I am?

Sounds like someone must have made an error adding one of my deeds to my account? I'm assuming it's W57, I got an email that transfer documents were sent to the resort last week. This is the first time I have logged in since then and it now shows HGV Max. I'm assuming that Max will go away once they catch their error.

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't ask them because you might lose it. You can look in the owner info on the app or the website.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
How can I find out which Max Tier I am?

Sounds like someone must have made an error adding one of my deeds to my account? I'm assuming it's W57, I got an email that transfer documents were sent to the resort last Wednesday. This is the first time I have logged in since then and it now shows HGV Max. I'm assuming that Max will go away once they catch their error.
For me, it shows up on the first page that loads after I log on in the upper left corner of the box under "Club Member Benefits".

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
First rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club? ;-)
:) :)

Looks like you are the first tier in Max. Limited benefits but free reservations and 1 free guest cert. Do all your points show up as available to use in Max?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
First rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club? ;-)

Looks like I'm a "member"

View attachment 76296
The Member tier is for owners of less than 17,000 points annualized from qualifying ownerships. Nice that you got that, assuming it sticks. You should be able to tell for sure based on how much they bill you for membership - Max is $291 while HGVC legacy is $199 with an optional $137 for inclusive dues fees since you own W57. Max comes with the inclusive aspect, so that's a bit of a savings. The access to the Max resorts is a nice to have, but hasn't seemed particularly attractive so far due to the short reservation period.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
:) :)

Looks like you are the first tier in Max. Limited benefits but free reservations and 1 free guest cert. Do all your points show up as available to use in Max?

The points window looks the same as before, "bHC Points Summary" and "Club Currency Summary" bucket. Doesn't have a separate listing for Max points.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Member tier is for owners of less than 17,000 points annualized from qualifying ownerships. Nice that you got that, assuming it sticks. You should be able to tell for sure based on how much they bill you for membership - Max is $291 while HGVC legacy is $199 with an optional $137 for inclusive dues fees since you own W57. Max comes with the inclusive aspect, so that's a bit of a savings. The access to the Max resorts is a nice to have, but hasn't seemed particularly attractive so far due to the short reservation period.
I already paid my $199 dues after I closed on Elara and then the difference after I closed on the District. I guess we will find out about that next year.

Any guesses if Max is more likely to go away if I purchase another deed? I was thinking about adding another Elara unit.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I already paid my $199 dues after I closed on Elara and then the difference after I closed on the District. I guess we will find out about that next year.

Any guesses if Max is more likely to go away if I purchase another deed? I was thinking about adding another Elara unit.
Was the difference $137 or was it $92?

Also, there are no bins for Max points, just bHC and Club Points. The ability to use points of either sort in Max is based on being a member with Max eligibility. My points are just allocated between bHC and Club Points, but I can and have used both for a Max reservation and it doesn't distinguish between resale or developer ownerships as the source.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was the difference $137 or was it $92?

It was $132 additional. I closed on District about a month after Elara. I'm assuming that was pro-rated but I couldn't make the math work out for $132 instead of $137.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's a bit weird. Last year it was $127, which makes me wonder if there were some shenanigans with the ARDA "voluntary" contribution. It sounds like the W57 one is the one that got you Max somehow.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The points window looks the same as before, "bHC Points Summary" and "Club Currency Summary" bucket. Doesn't have a separate listing for Max points.
There isn't another bucket for Max, that I have seen, just a bucket of points to use. Since you are in Max and it shows all your points, then I assume they are are usable in Max. One way to test it is to make a bunch of Max reservations, over 60 days out because you will want to cancel them, using all your points. Then you will know all your points are usable in Max and that there are free reservations. I suspect they will are so that would mean that one is your resale got you into Max and he other resale points are usable in Max but they just don't increase your Max Tier level.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

It shouldn't go away. You are in. Additional resale should just add to your point total but now you need up think about properties with lower MFs.

The rules book sure say there is a $199 fee per contract to join it up Max. That is just a one time fee so you shouldn't have it next year. You will have the higher Max club fee though, which is about $100 higher than the HGVC/HC club fee. Sounds like you just paid that as well.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
If it was me, I would go ahead and book something through MAX as far out as I could (6 months) to make it harder for them to take it away if they discover their mistake.

Your price to get into MAX is just about how much I would be willing to pay to get in.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like I have MAX as well. My Central and Boulevard resale purchase came through about same time. I saw all the MAX stuff raddoc mentioned but couldn't actually book any of the non HGVC properties. Also had reservation fee and guest certificate fee. Called in today to add the all inclusive option. Rep couldn't find option to do that so kept putting me on hold to work with supervisor. Took 15+ minutes. First said charge is $291 then said it was $132 which is what they charged over phone to card. She mentioned something about supervisor having to switch some stuff.

Now I can book the extra properties, have no reservation fee, and one free guest certificate. Hopefully this sticks.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, spoke too soon. Lost my MAX access/status. Back to HGV logo. Still no reservation fee so AI option is sticking. My status is Elite though so system seems to think both my deeds are not resale. In process of buying few more so we'll see if I get upgraded even more once those go through.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry, spoke too soon. Lost my MAX access/status. Back to HGV logo. Still no reservation fee so AI option is sticking. My status is Elite though so system seems to think both my deeds are not resale. In process of buying few more so we'll see if I get upgraded even more once those go through.
There are some resale that do count towards elite so if you want that, you should make sure to get those.