• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

waiting list for harborside

cvelasco

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with waiting lists? I am on for April 4-11 2009 at Harborside. Elite service says people on the wait list ususally get their choice. Since it is after the 8 month mark am I out of luck?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
That's the week before Easter, I think it's a long shot.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think the week before and the week after Easter would be extremely difficult at Harborside. Good Luck!

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would DEFINITELY have a back up plan for this vacation.

Do you have any banked weeks that can also be working for you? Example, if you have a week with II, I would have also have that week working for your alternative vacation.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
That is going to be a popular time but I have to tell you that I was told they usually only wait list the number they can usually fulfill--I was wait listed for Thanksgiving and got it so hang in there but you might also want to think about back ups--I found out about 3 months out.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
As large as the resort is, someone is going to have to cancel. I'd have a backup plan also -- but would keep my fingers crossed and stay on the waitlist. Good luck!!

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm on the same list for the same date. It's all about luck and persistance.:D The wait lists do work.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought at Harborside this year and my seller couldn't make a 2008 reservation for me because the 2008 MF was unpaid. The 2008 MF was paid from the proceeds at closing. When I finally closed on the 3-br Platinum, I wanted to reserve a 3-br Platinum this year during the 8-3 month period. However, for the week I wanted, 11-29/12-6, I had to call after the exact 8 month out date.

Nothing was available in a 3-br, a 2-br or several large 1-br. I was on the "wait list" for about 1.5 months. I was told that there are only 8 at a time for all types of units (total) at Harborside for any particular week. After that time and calling about every couple of days to ask about other weeks for a 3-br, I gave up and reserved 3 smaller 1-br units which were available for the week I wanted. Maybe I didn't wait long enough but that was my experience.

I made sure to reserve the 3-br at Harborside during the middle of the 12-8 month Platinum period for 2009 and had no trouble at all getting the exact week I wanted. :)

cvelasco

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I followed the advice here and booked another week at Cancun for that week. The airfare is a killer almost 760 per ticket right now to cancun. Harborside is much cheaper for us. I will keep my fingers crossed for the wait list to pan out. They said if it becomes available they will call automatically, true or do I still need to call and check?

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. Starwood will call and notifiy you if something becomes available.You have 24 hours to respond or they go to the next number on the list.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Is this waitlist a manual system at Starwood? Along with providing live online reservations, it seems relatively simple to have a computer handle waitlists - and simply offer them automatically upon cancellations to the next person in the list. Why is Starwood paying people to manage this (and other) systems when they should leverage computers instead.

I think I'll buy a few shares of HOT and send a letter.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this waitlist a manual system at Starwood? Along with providing live online reservations, it seems relatively simple to have a computer handle waitlists - and simply offer them automatically upon cancellations to the next person in the list. Why is Starwood paying people to manage this (and other) systems when they should leverage computers instead.

In last quarter's conference call, one of the execs commented that they would going on a cost/headcount reduction search within the corporate entity. A couple letters suggesting that this would save Starwood money would probably be more effective than a complaint that the current system is annoying to customers.

Michael

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score

It has been computerised since last year. Now when you get on a wait list you given a comp. generated controll number.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
It has been computerised since last year. Now when you get on a wait list you given a comp. generated controll number.

A good step in the right direction. Still, I would prefer a computerized system to automatically handle waitlists (and reservations) and send me an email when one became available etc.

And we're still missing real time online reservations...

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
In last quarter's conference call, one of the execs commented that they would going on a cost/headcount reduction search within the corporate entity. A couple letters suggesting that this would save Starwood money would probably be more effective than a complaint that the current system is annoying to customers.

Michael

I don't think "annoying" is an accurate representation of my feelings on this matter.

Loriannf

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you get the number?

I've been on a WSJ waitlist for almost 10 months and have tried many times to get the number. No one seems to be able to give me a control number or an idea of where I am on the wait list. I wait listed for Nov 22-29 (my season, same size unit) at 9 a.m. exactly 12 months out. We're three star elite, not that that counts for anything, but I would have thought I would have heard something by now.

I do have a backup plan - refundable tickets and staying home.

Lori

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been on a WSJ waitlist for almost 10 months and have tried many times to get the number. No one seems to be able to give me a control number or an idea of where I am on the wait list. I wait listed for Nov 22-29 (my season, same size unit) at 9 a.m. exactly 12 months out. We're three star elite, not that that counts for anything, but I would have thought I would have heard something by now.

I do have a backup plan - refundable tickets and staying home.

Lori

When I called for resevations and had to waitlist they gave it to me. It's relativly new so if you got on a WSJ waitlist 10 months ago the control numbers were probably not implemented yet. Here is the link when I first came across this new waitlist control number

cvelasco

TUG Member
Reaction score
have you heard anything yet for April 4th week? I did reserve Cancun just in case I don't get Harborside.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't expect to see any movement till the 8 month mark for summer reservations opens.Owners wont give up their week unless there getting another good one in return.