• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Waffle Maker Suggestions

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
So I original went for the Cuisinart Breakfast Maker that had the waffle maker because the plates were removable and dishwasher safe. I have the Cuisinart pizzelle maker and have been very happy with it so I thought the breakfast maker might be good. Unfortunately I was unhappy with it and sent it back. The upper plate did not brown as well as the bottom, it took forever to heat up and I could never get it crispy enough.

So I sprung for the All-Clad Belgium 2 square and extremely happy with it. A tremendous difference in the quality on how the waffles come out. They fluff up, they brown evenly and even though you can’t remove the plates it is easy to clean.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Before our granddaughter turned one, we bought a waffle maker from William Sonoma that made waffles in the shape of farm animals and a barn. For a long time, she'd walk in our door and say, "I want cow waffles!" I'm saving it for making them for our great-grandchildren! Enjoy your new one!

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Adding ricotta cheese and blueberries(or strawberries) to Krusteaz waffle mix makes to die for waffles!! We have them a couple times a month!! We love our belgin waffles so much I ordered one from Amazon and had it shipped to Hawaii for our 12 day vacation there in 2018. I will never live it down from my friends that vacationed with us. :ROFLMAO:

Left it for the House Keeping staff, front desk staff was eyeing it up big time!

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I original went for the Cuisinart Breakfast Maker that had the waffle maker because the plates were removable and dishwasher safe. I have the Cuisinart pizzelle maker and have been very happy with it so I thought the breakfast maker might be good. Unfortunately I was unhappy with it and sent it back. The upper plate did not brown as well as the bottom, it took forever to heat up and I could never get it crispy enough.

So I sprung for the All-Clad Belgium 2 square and extremely happy with it. A tremendous difference in the quality on how the waffles come out. They fluff up, they brown evenly and even though you can’t remove the plates it is easy to clean.
Is it inappropriate to ask if you get the waffle iron post -divorce?

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Have you made hash-browns using the waffle maker? Really crispy. Also a great way to make canned cinnamon rolls. Come out kinda crispy and there's divots for the icing to fill!!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We use an Inexpensive one we got on Amazon years ago. I’m not home so can’t tell you the brand but it makes great Belgian waffles.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
Before our granddaughter turned one, we bought a waffle maker from William Sonoma that made waffles in the shape of farm animals and a barn. For a long time, she'd walk in our door and say, "I want cow waffles!" I'm saving it for making them for our great-grandchildren! Enjoy your new one!
FUN!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have you made hash-browns using the waffle maker? Really crispy. Also a great way to make canned cinnamon rolls. Come out kinda crispy and there's divots for the icing to fill!!
Right now eating lower carb so can’t do the hash browns But thinking turnip hash might be good. I have made eggs, chaffles, mashed potatoes with egg white and scallions. Thinking of mixing some rice cauliflower with cheese and see what happens.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a Waffle Maker. Any suggestions?
I like to think that when my wife married me, she got an excellent waffle maker. But my real specialty is Swedish pancakes.

Last edited:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cusinart - makes 4 square waffles -

We add blueberries a lot. Hubby and I have two each - but the batter makes 7 or 8. I freeze whatever is left.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a Cuisinart liked the one used in hotels. It must be 25 years old or older.
The Commanderin Chief brought it for her grand kids,. Sorry, our grand kids. LOL.
I think, I will asked for one tomorrow for breakfast. LOL.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I inherited my mother's Sunbeam waffle iron about 25 years ago, when it was already almost 35 years old. It was always a special breakfast when she made us waffles on it as kids. It is now almost 60 years old and still going strong. I had to install a new electric cord on it about 10 years ago, because the original braided one finally gave up the ghost. Even the light on the dial still works to let you know when it is done!

It's a little more work to clean up and occasionally re-season than newer, non-stick waffle makers, since the grids are aluminum. But it makes regular, 9-inch-square waffles, that can be broken into quarters. It also has the optional, flat, grill plates, too. It was built in the days when most of our appliances were actually made right here in North America and they were built to last. Plus it is a nice connection to the past. :thumbup:

I've periodically considered buying one of the newer, non-stick, Belgian waffle makers, but I can't seem to let the old one go. Plus the frugal side of me has trouble justifying having two waffle makers, particularly since we don't make waffles that often. I think it may yet become a contest as to which will die sooner, it or me!!! LOL. :ponder:

Here is a picture and description of the identical model. Mine looks almost as good. It's the Sunbeam CG model.

Last edited:

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am personally looking for one where the griddle plates detach so they can be washed. Sure beats trying to wipe them down with a dishcloth.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am personally looking for one where the griddle plates detach so they can be washed. Sure beats trying to wipe them down with a dishcloth.
That is what I wanted too. This all clad basically cleans itself, nothing sticks. The quality of the waffles is worth not having griddle Plates that detach imo.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

Our Plates do not detach. Simply use a brush to clean them.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
That is what I wanted too. This all clad basically cleans itself, nothing sticks. The quality of the waffles is worth not having griddle Plates that detach imo.

Mine does not detach, but is non stick and I first spray with PAM and really easy to just wipe down after use.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Right now eating lower carb so can’t do the hash browns But thinking turnip hash might be good. I have made eggs, chaffles, mashed potatoes with egg white and scallions. Thinking of mixing some rice cauliflower with cheese and see what happens.
ah ha! chaffles :) I haven't tried them, but I've heard great things. You sound like a wonderful cook!

I bought a $10 one at Kmart one year at Christmas, wrapped it and put it under the tree: from Santa to the fam.

It worked great, and AFAIK, my son is still using it. Waffles were always crisp but I attribute that to the recipe as much as the machine. Super easy to clean, too.

I think I saw you mention egg whites? My boys developed their love of waffles at my aunt & uncle's house. My auntie always separated the eggs. (She is an amazing cook and baker - farm girl, of course!) I used my Kitchen aid to beat the egg whites. The recipe that came with the machine also called for a stick of butter (it made a large batch) and a twist of lemon. Heavenly!

VictorMackay

Reaction score
Reading this thread about waffle makers, now I want to buy one. I am not sure that I need it, but maybe someone could suggest me some good waffle makers?

VictorMackay

Reaction score
Reading this thread about waffle makers, now I want to buy one. I am not sure that I need it, but maybe someone could suggest me some good waffle makers?
So since nobody answered me, I looked up by myself for some waffle makers. There were plenty of them online, but none of them seemed good to me, there was something that was disturbing me, some gaps in the information about them, but eventually I found here https://www.thewindupspace.com/best-thin-waffle-makers/ very good descriptions of waffle irons and reviews which really helped me in choosing one. After some reading, I decided to buy dash no-drip belgian waffle maker, one of the most popular at this moment, and a really good head start for a beginner. After understanding how it works, I was enjoying my every breakfast with good and warm waffles, a good start of the day I would say looks like this

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
So since nobody answered me, I looked up by myself for some waffle makers. There were plenty of them online, but none of them seemed good to me, there was something that was disturbing me, some gaps in the information about them, but eventually I found here https://www.thewindupspace.com/best-thin-waffle-makers/ very good descriptions of waffle irons and reviews which really helped me in choosing one. After some reading, I decided to buy dash no-drip belgian waffle maker, one of the most popular at this moment, and a really good head start for a beginner. After understanding how it works, I was enjoying my every breakfast with good and warm waffles, a good start of the day I would say looks like this

I made a recommendation in Post #22.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I made a recommendation in Post #22.
he's not looking for a recommendation, but rather to sell the waffle makers mentioned in the post.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Then his post should be deleted.