• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VIP Question about buying another contract

thomassontag

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a VIP gold grandfathered before rule changes with many points through PIC. Have no problems with anything with my VIP (Except stupid salespeople) I have a friend who wants to get rid of his 189,000 Wyndham contract. If I were to buy this from him would it have any affect on my present VIP gold account? Would I be able to use these points with my VIP gold benefits? Where would be a good suggestion for service to handle the transaction? Thank you in advance for any help with my questions

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Put the new points in the VIP account and the VIP benefits you have will extend to the new points. Ie when you use them for a reservation they will deliver your USA today and if you make a reservation with them inside 60 days you will get the same discounts you get now

They will not up your status however if you are gold now you could add a million resale points and you will still be gold

dwojo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a question about buying resale points. Is there any additional cost to add them to an existing account and how difficult is that to do?

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Wyndham charges a $299 transfer fee. Wyndham just needs to know your member number, in addition to name and other identification information that they require. Plus Wyndham is usually slow to get the transfer to complete, 6-8 weeks after receiving the correct paperwork (it starts over if it is sent back because it has to be corrected).

jayandfifi

Reaction score
Can I get into Wyndham VIP Silver club by buying 400,000 point thru resale only? I'm looking at rescinding my contract I signed yesterday and gaining VIP status thru this route if possible?

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I get into Wyndham VIP Silver club by buying 400,000 point thru resale only? I'm looking at rescinding my contract I signed yesterday and gaining VIP status thru this route if possible?

Only direct purchases from Wyndham will get you VIP status, so no.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

No but rescind anyway. VIP silver is never going to be worth the extra $20,000-$40,000 no matter what how they spin it. If your financing your cost will be even higher.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
No but rescind anyway. VIP silver is never going to be worth the extra $20,000-$40,000 no matter what how they spin it. If your financing your cost will be even higher.

THIS IS THE TRUTH!

I own a few Wyndham points ... if you are booking just for family usage .. your intimate family ... and you can plan 10-13 months in advance ... 7 night stays ... seldom changing your plans ... you will be fine with resale points. Figure out WHERE you Home Resort will be ... the place you will book 60-80% of the time ... 13 months in advance and the size unit you will need ==> that gives you the number of points YOU should buy (at first and resale). If you buy MORE points than you need, buy where the sum of points is a factor of 77,000 .... that is the increment Wyndham calculates it Reservation Transactions (RT) and housekeeping credits (HK) at. So if you need 203K, try to buy 1 contract for 231K ... or the 203K contract. The 77K factor is on ALL the points in your member number added together .... but buying a 77K, 28K, 105K might get you over the 203K point goal ... your left over points won't book anything AND you paid 3 $299 transfer fees to buy and another 3 $299 when you go to sell them .. hence, that is WHY small points contracts are worthless...

So save your money .. get the more expensive bigger contract with the 77K as the multiplier as ONE contract ... saving 2 buy in $299 fees and 2 sell out $299 fee.... $1196 "saved" can be a real justifier in spending a little bit more NOW and even LESS later (when you sell).

Last edited: