• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Viewing DC points on line at MVCI

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought this was supposed to be available now. When I click on view my portfolio I get a message saying that viewing DC points is "Unavailable at this time". Does anyone know when this feature will be enabled?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Hmmmm. The last time we talked about that "My Vacation Club Portfolio" page, the link to book using DC Points wasn't active but in the "Current MVC Election Value" column down lower on the page you could see how many DC Points you'd get for each week. Today that column is showing all zeroes and so far all I've done with the 2012 weeks is book them at the home resorts.

Is anybody else now showing zeroes where you saw Point Values a couple weeks ago?

As far as being able to book DC Points online, different reps keep saying it's coming but I'll believe it when I see it. DVC doesn't have that feature yet, Starwood doesn't have that feature yet ... Although, at the annual meeting for DVC last week they announced that online booking will be available on a limited basis beginning Jan 19th. It occurred to me that with the usage of Points being so similar between DVC and Marriott, maybe they've both worked together or maybe with the same outside company to develop a system that will work?

Last edited:

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm. The last time we talked about that "My Vacation Club Portfolio" the link to book using DC Points wasn't active, but in the "Current MVC Election Value" column down lower on the page you could see how many DC Points you'd get for each week. Today that column is showing all zeroes and so far all I've done with the 2012 weeks is book them at the home resorts.

Is anybody else now showing zeroes, where you used to see Point Values, as well?

As far as being able to book DC Points online, different reps keep saying it's coming but I'll believe it when I see it. DVC doesn't have that feature yet, Starwood doesn't have that feature yet ... Although, at the annual meeting for DVC last week they announced that online booking will be available on a limited basis beginning Jan 19th. It occurred to me that with the usage of Points being so similar between DVC and Marriott, maybe they've both worked together or maybe with the same outside company to develop a system that will work?
Yup - last time I checked I could see my points with a message saying too early to book for 2013 - now no points and only info for 2012.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't see any lines for year 2013 any longer either.

This was in the latest Insiders Newsletter, in the Ask a Vacation Ownership Advisor section.

"When will I be able to see my Vacation Club Points balance and book my vacation online?"We’re currently working on increasing the functionality of the Owners website, so in the future you will be able to go online to view your Vacation Club Points balance and book reservations.

Empty Nest

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is old news to some, but I just found out new information at a DC presentation at Shadow Ridge last week. A DC Premier Plus Owners can view on line availability for using Owner DC points and Legacy DC points 13 months out. I only had to buy 1000 points to gain this access due to the Legacy weeks I own. She said they give you a password and you can log on and view all availability. I did decline, but I would really like that capability.

Mike

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Maybe this is old news to some, but I just found out new information at a DC presentation at Shadow Ridge last week. A DC Premier Plus Owners can view on line availability for using Owner DC points and Legacy DC points 13 months out. I only had to buy 1000 points to gain this access due to the Legacy weeks I own. She said they give you a password and you can log on and view all availability. I did decline, but I would really like that capability.

Mike

Well that is a new sales trick. Buy DC Trust points and get online access :hysterical:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Mike

There are a few of us Premier Plus owners here, most based on just the DC Points conversion value of our Weeks but a few who purchased DC Trust Points as well. While it's true that Premier Plus status gives us the 13-mos reservation window, it's not true that we have online access to view availability. Not anywhere near true today, and hasn't been true since the day the DC was introduced. The salesperson you spoke with was flat-out wrong.

Empty Nest

TUG Member
Reaction score
SueDon,

Just to be clear, it was only if you owned DC points in addition to Legacy points that you had the access. This was a new feature. Has anyone out there that has both checked lately? I assume it will take a phone call to Marriott to get the password. I also am Premier Plus owner and have never had this in the past, but I haven't purchased DC points. I agree with that your comments were correct in the past, just wondering if is still true or if there was a recent change..

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flat out lie and should be reported! What levels are they going to stoop too. If you bought points on that lie, and then found out it was a lie, will they refund the purchase? I would report this sales person and ask if this is a supported practice.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SueDon,

Just to be clear, it was only if you owned DC points in addition to Legacy points that you had the access. This was a new feature. Has anyone out there that has both checked lately? I assume it will take a phone call to Marriott to get the password. I also am Premier Plus owner and have never had this in the past, but I haven't purchased DC points. I agree with that your comments were correct in the past, just wondering if is still true or if there was a recent change..

Ah, now I understand, sorry for the misunderstanding. It sounds way too far out there, still, but I guess you're right that only the folks who own enrolled Weeks and purchased DC Points will be able to debunk it.

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
The web site login is down for maintenance today. Maybe today is the day for the update we all have been waiting for. :shrug:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Ah, now I understand, sorry for the misunderstanding. It sounds way too far out there, still, but I guess you're right that only the folks who own enrolled Weeks and purchased DC Points will be able to debunk it.

Not only does the person need to be an enrolled legacy owner with DC trust points, but it seems they also had to be Premier Plus.

RBERR1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can now book everything points online.

:whoopie: I just went on to my MVCI account and saw something new. A whole bunch of options to do things with points. Looks like you can bank, borrow and book transactions with points.

About time.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
OMG!
After 18 months it's finally here. Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming!:D

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
I don't have any available DC points at this time to play with. I am wondering if you do can you 'window shop' for DC points reservations.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
I don't have any available DC points at this time to play with. I am wondering if you do can you 'window shop' for DC points reservations.

Looks that way. You can also hold a potential booking and continue to browse.

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that I am also able to see the new interface the shows you yout points and also gives you the options to borrow, bank, transfer (looks like transfers still need to be done over the phone)

Looks like they did a whole revamp of the DC parts of the site. If you check out the explorer collection and check out the Ocean Explorer (the site for the cruises) you will see a much better interface than what was there before. You can have it search for cruises within the point range you are able to afford and it will return all cruises that match your criteria and you will also see the cabin types you get for your points and can also see what you could "upgrade" to if you have more points to spend. Very nice and I'm impressed with the new website.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly where are you seeing this information? I do see the # of DC points that I receive for each property I own in the plan my vacation area but I do not see my current point balance or options to use those points.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Exactly where are you seeing this information? I do see the # of DC points that I receive for each property I own in the plan my vacation area but I do not see my current point balance or options to use those points.

I am able to see the Points Status (plus the Transaction History) by:

1) selecting Plan and Book My Vacation
2) then View My Vacation Club Portfolio (right hand side of the screen under Account Information).

This information is very useful (and is accurate too).

Thx

Greg

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Very impressive! Click on Marriott Vacation Club Collection and then "use my points" to check availability with your points and make reservations. Can also put some searches on hold while you explore more. The date range can be specific or flexible.

Way to go Marriott! :clap:

Jan

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It doesn't appear that you can search without redeeming first. I only have the 800 PlusPoints and they are all reserved. There is a little button that says "Use My Points" but when I hover over it it indicates "You currently don't have any Vacation Club points available to use".

It looks like the ability to transfer points online will be there, that will prove to be very helpful for those renting points.

Last edited:

emt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very smooth!

Thanks for the updates, due to everyone's tracking I just saved myself a phone call! Had been meaning to add a studio to our summer reservation at Timberlodge so the in-laws could tag along (i.e babysit!). Was able to log-in, pull up the info as detailed and confirm my reservation immediately.

Interestingly both confirmation emails were immediate (typically when calling the second confirmation is delayed a few hours to a day or so).

This exhausts our points for now (finishing up 2011 rolled into 2012) and I'm happy to say we've easily used every single point allocated (no orphans), including the original 800 Bonus pts.