• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Viewing DC points on line at MVCI

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Very nice feature. We only have 50 plus points left, but I was able to see everything. I look forward to using this tool. Good job Marriott!

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are the results of my test. I have 15 points available for 2012 (long story how I ended up with 15 points), so I am able to get to the page to search for availability. However, no matter what dates I put in for any resort, it says "No availability for your dates, or you do not have enough points." Obviously with 15 points, I don't have enough points for anything. I take this to mean that you can't check availability and then trade your week for points. Since I can't imagine ever exchanging for points before I know if I can get my reservation, the online function will not work for me. Guess I will be stuck still making the painful call for DC reservations. Maybe the next update will fix this perceived problem. Waited so long for this, I am kind of disappointed. If anyone is seeing availability without having the requires points, please post your experience.

larue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are the results of my test. I have 15 points available for 2012 (long story how I ended up with 15 points), so I am able to get to the page to search for availability. However, no matter what dates I put in for any resort, it says "No availability for your dates, or you do not have enough points." Obviously with 15 points, I don't have enough points for anything. I take this to mean that you can't check availability and then trade your week for points. Since I can't imagine ever exchanging for points before I know if I can get my reservation, the online function will not work for me. Guess I will be stuck still making the painful call for DC reservations. Maybe the next update will fix this perceived problem. Waited so long for this, I am kind of disappointed. If anyone is seeing availability without having the requires points, please post your experience.

I had the same experience as you and confirmed on the online chat that you have to have enough points available to see availability. So no advance window shopping. You would have to convert your week blind and hope you could find what you wanted. I mentioned that to the rep and the rep basically said too bad.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

As I indicated in Post #23, I can't even access the search tool as I have 0 points available. It does appear that you have to deposit before you can search.

I would say that if you think this is important enough (which I am sure it is) that you e-mail MVCI and voice your concern.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I would think that if you have enough points, either from converting, banking, or borrowing, the system should let you search inventory. If we were inclined, we could convert 2013 and borrow them in to 2012 for a reservation.

Is it possible to search for a reservation in a year when you don't have points elected for that year but do have points elected for a future or prior year? Do you have to have points in that specific use year to search?

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I've been playing with this new toy for awhile and some interesting stuff has happened. I said before that neither Ocean Pointe or Frenchmans Cove were available at the 13 month mark but Ko Olina was.

What really surprised me was that Newport Coast was available this July for just about the whole middle of the month. I'm not a fan of Newport but from what most folks say that's a tough one to get.

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think that if you have enough points, either from converting, banking, or borrowing, the system should let you search inventory. If we were inclined, we could convert 2013 and borrow them in to 2012 for a reservation.

Is it possible to search for a reservation in a year when you don't have points elected for that year but do have points elected for a future or prior year? Do you have to have points in that specific use year to search?

I appears you you have to CURRENTLY have enough points to search for availabilty. To me, not a good tool. For any DC point reservation I make, I check availablity BEFORE I convert my week to points. With the extreme limits place on point time limits, I would never borrow thus making the points time limit shorter, only to find no availablility. Guess I just keep spending 20 minutes on hold if I need a DC reservation! Very disappointed in the new website.:bawl:

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, for some reason MVCI converted one of my 2013 weeks to points. I didn't need them for any 2012 reservations but they did it. I called the VOA a few days ago about it and we decided to leave it alone as I was going to convert them anyway in a few weeks. I have searched several 2012 dates with these 2013 points so far today.

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the same experience as you and confirmed on the online chat that you have to have enough points available to see availability. So no advance window shopping. You would have to convert your week blind and hope you could find what you wanted. I mentioned that to the rep and the rep basically said too bad.

Interval looks better each day! Especially with the FREE XYZ-2 for 1 Trades. Marriott can keep their DC points!:wave:

Time2Buy

Reaction score
There are either bugs or bad data in the new system. When I go to "View My Upcoming Points Reservations", I see another owner's reservation.

I'll call Marriott tomorrow to report the problem.

Greg

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, for some reason MVCI converted one of my 2013 weeks to points.

This is one plus to an online tool. If something is goofed you only have yourself to blame. I don't like talking to a human on the phone who can at any second screw something up.

arubalover60

Reaction score
I am also shocked that they finally got this up and working. I agree that it is flawed in that you can't search for a reservation that takes more than the points that you have available. It is a big step in the right direction though.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Wow, I'm truly surprised that it's up and running and that it has so much detail - the history even has all canceled reservations listed.

Agree with the others that it would be nice to be able to search availability despite not having current Points available. Also, you still get a message to call Owner Services to make any changes to existing Weeks reservations. It would be nice to be able to search what would be available if you cancelled a Week's reservation and converted it to Points, without actually having to cancel it first. Obviously the VOA's have that capability.

Hopefully MVCI Customer Advocate is monitoring this thread. :)

VacationPro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm truly surprised that it's up and running and that it has so much detail - the history even has all canceled reservations listed.

Agree with the others that it would be nice to be able to search availability despite not having current Points available. Also, you still get a message to call Owner Services to make any changes to existing Weeks reservations. It would be nice to be able to search what would be available if you cancelled a Week's reservation and converted it to Points, without actually having to cancel it first. Obviously the VOA's have that capability.

Hopefully MVCI Customer Advocate is monitoring this thread. :)

This is a terrific first step and has much more capability for the initial introduction than I expected. I, too, would like to see some tweaks to the search capabilities, but I'm very impressed.

Way to go Marriott! :cheer:

Also, I haven't received an email introducing this capability, so maybe Marriott is monitoring this for tweaks before the official introduction or at least some input for the FAQ's.

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon...

This is awesome...

Just book the first leg of the 2013 ski trip....

2 bedroom unit units 1/13 -1/19 at Summitt Watch for 3500 points (less than the 3725 for my 3 bedroom GV). I used to trade this straight up!!!. My plan is to cancel one day (the weekend) and get 5 days for 2000 its and get a second unit for the same dates. This will transform my 3 bedroom GV into 2 2bedroom 5 days stays in Plat ski season!!!! With flexibility to change and move later in the season as the 13 month window moves forward!!!!

Unfortunately, since I used my points..I now can't search again without calling. I would need to redeem another week toy get more points before I can search on line...

Still, a dramatic improvement!!!!

Queen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott DC Points Chart

This is great after the long awaited wait. Way to go Marriott. Does anyone know if there is a points chart listing of all the resorts in one place?

Last edited:

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Last edited:

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
WELL... about time and I'm very happy with it. Happy planning now...

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
THe new enhancements are certainly a improvement over the nothing we had before, However, I agree with those who say that they want to check for availability on location and dates before they make the decision to trade for DC points.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It looks like the ability to transfer points online will be there, that will prove to be very helpful for those renting points.

Well, I looked at this again. When you click on the transfer tab there is a message to call Owner Services for assistance. So it doesn't look like this feature is ready, at least not yet.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
OMGOSH... the above postered mentioned availability at Newport Beach in July and there is availability. I found 3 nights at Timberlodge over Labor Day Weekend. I really like this new feature because our travel pattern has changed with our high schooler now. It is getting more difficult to travel the traditional timeshare week so, I love that I can check in on any day. This is a huge benefit for me and I'm so glad I signed up for this program even with them skimming points. I know this won't work for everyone because they can vacation full weeks and what is cool is that you can still vacation your full week.

I'm kinda surprised on how many are complaining about the non ability to search without available points. We definitely have a work around as there are tons of Tuggers that have points and will probably post on the sighting board. It really isn't any different than II. I know you can search without a deposit but I never do because usually when we deposit it means we cannot vacation for a few years. Hence the reason I need to deposit. So, I really don't see the difference. So, far I'm seeing a lot availability. Now, Crystal Shores did not have availability for Thanksgiving Week next year.

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good afternoon....

There is a clever way around the "no search" if you don't have enough points feature....

Currently, after booking the ski trip I have 550 pts + 3 weeks that can be redeemed for points....

Plug in the request..use a one night stay in a unit that you have enough points for and use the FLEXIBLE tab.... this gives you a 3 day sweep both before and after. If you do this and find all 6 days open, then you know there is a 6 day reservation available as well... Then you need to convert your week to points and go back and book it.... This works really well if you arer looking for a el cheapo 5 day sun-thurs gig... then just search with flexible under the tuesday or wednesday of the week you want....

I did this today and found some cool stuff...

there is Summitt watch in March 2012... Grand Ocean AND Newport 7/2012...

All the prime weeks... even plat owners at NCV have trouble getting July....

There have been many speculative threads on how MVCD is getting this prime inventory for DC...It doesn't really matter , it matters that it is happening...(I suspect, there is some II hijacking!!!)

Some sales guru is going to show a new points player...all the cool struff that is available!!!!

I have a new tidbit , but it deserves its own thread!!!!

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I like this online inventory viewing tool and kudos to Marriott for providing this (not all systems do). This is clearly a first generation tool and I'm sure more versions of it will come out in the future to provide the functionality that other online systems have developed over time. But even so, congrats to Marriott for providing this tool. Starwood owners have been looking for something similar for years.

It will be interesting to play with this to look for inventory patterns -- such as what does MFC (sparsely populated the Trust) availability look like for Jan/Feb/Mar 2013? And is MKO inventory (deep in the Trust) being populated into the Exchange Inventory, or being held back?

Fun stuff....

Best,

Greg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Note: this is not a Sighting -- just posting for TUG knowledge what it looks like when there is availability -- and there is alot of availability in December at MFC.

Note that online availability stops on the 21st of December -- possibly a Christmas phenomenon (however there is a 12/20-12/27 ressie), and will watch to see if it is a "12 month out" phenomenon. Airlines you can call in 331 days out, but the online system doesn't take reservations until 329 days out -- just something to be aware of as we study patterns?

The search was for a 7 night stay with Saturday check-ins (so you'll see Request Arrival Date) plus clicking the Flexible box, so it shows 3 days before and 3 days after to show all possible check-in dates.

Again, Kudos to Marriott for providing this very useful tool.

Best,

Greg

Date....................Size..........View........Points required

Nov. 28, 2012 Two Bedroom Ocean Side 2,975

Nov. 29, 2012 Two Bedroom Ocean Side 2,975

Nov. 30, 2012 Two Bedroom Ocean Side 2,975

Dec. 01, 2012 Two Bedroom Ocean Side 2,975 Requested Arrival

Dec. 02, 2012 Two Bedroom Ocean Side 2,975

Dec. 03, 2012 Two Bedroom Ocean Side 2,975

Dec. 04, 2012 Two Bedroom Ocean Side 2,975

Dec. 05, 2012 Two Bedroom Ocean Side 2,975

Dec. 06, 2012 Two Bedroom Ocean Side 2,975