• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

USPS fail

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sent a letter with documents that has not arrived after over a week. Filed a search with the USPS and after 3+ days get a email note it's resolved but they have NOT delivered the mail I paid for them to deliver. They have lost it in Delaware apparently - tracking #
9500127029063066110530 . Tomorrow I'll have to go somewhere to fax the documents . Very sad. Last year similar happened but it got delivered finally after my report of issue.

This is what I got tonight-

''I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. After investigating the package was not received in this office and we are unable to retrieve this package. In Order to file a clam for a lost package please go to www. usps.com/claims.''

Last edited:

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Sorry to hear it, but I am not surprised. I received Christmas card mailed from Austria priorate on December 9, 2022 on March 9, 2023. Exactly three months later.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
They occasionally dig up mail that was sent by troops overseas during World War II and attempt to delivery it today.

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
At Christmas time my SIL mailed both of my Grandsons Cards to my house, ( from 3 towns away). Three days later we received 1, the other took a week and a half!!! :unsure: They were mailed/postmarked the same day!!!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They occasionally dig up mail that was sent by troops overseas during World War II and attempt to delivery it today.
I've also read somewhere that this happens less often that gets reported. Many times these stories happen because someone drops a piece of previously delivered mail back into the system.

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had mail forwarding last summer. A birthday card was mailed to me, but returned to sender as “undeliverable”. She handed it to me a few months later.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Only a week delay? Count yourself lucky. We have been seeing first class letters taking 2-3 weeks to be delivered fairly often in the last couple of years.

Kurt

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
About ten years ago, we sent a certified mail to an employee who was local. With tracking information, the mail got sent to another city in California and got re-routed many times around the city and a month later, the mail came back to us as undeliverable. It was ridiculous as the address was correct. I went back to the post office and showed it to them, but they insisted that I pay for another round of certified mail with the same address and that they would deliver again. They confirmed that it was a correct address but their system failed somehow. By then, whatever that we wanted to mail to our employee was "expired" and no longer necessary.

Hence whenever I read here that whenever someone sent their rescission letter within the rescission period, that they were fine even when the mail was circulating around, I cringed. Not all mail gets delivered as expected.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
A few years ago, my Cpap supplies were shipped to our Wisconsin home but with our Florida zip code. Thus began a 10000 mile trip with the package getting close to Wisconsin Dells, then someone would notice the zip and back it would go to Florida. Back and forth it went many times when our former Florida mail person grabbed it and held on to the battered squashed box of supplies until we arrived back in Florida

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well after faxing my items at Office Depot for ~$11 this morning. Called Chase to inquire if they got my faxed papers . Lady there tells me they also got my Mailed tracked documents on time last Saturday!!! Even tho post office has them arriving late when I look at tracking #...... So they delivered and someone didn't scan into the system?

Good grief

So now Chase has 2 copies, if this is right.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well after faxing my items at Office Depot for ~$11 this morning. Called Chase to inquire if they got my faxed papers . Lady there tells me they also got my Mailed tracked documents on time last Saturday!!! Even tho post office has them arriving late when I look at tracking #...... So they delivered and someone didn't scan into the system?

Good grief

So now Chase has 2 copies, if this is right.
Faxes. Snail mail. Couldn't you have just scanned your documents and emailed them? (I didn't even know fax was still a thing -- I think the last time I used is was 20+ years ago...)

Kurt

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We just got a Christmas card here on Molokai from my sister in law 2 weeks ago. She mailed it a week before Christmas from Wisconsin. :D

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Faxes. Snail mail. Couldn't you have just scanned your documents and emailed them? (I didn't even know fax was still a thing -- I think the last time I used is was 20+ years ago...)
Seriously.
Many states have enacted electronic signature laws.
All docs I needed for a mortgage were scanned + emailed.
A construction company I do business with uses Docusign.

Greeting cards, though... can't even fax those.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to new low levels of customer service EVERYWHERE. :( The Pandemic has accelerated this downward trend.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seriously.
Many states have enacted electronic signature laws.
All docs I needed for a mortgage were scanned + emailed.
A construction company I do business with uses Docusign.

Greeting cards, though... can't even fax those.
Absolutely. We closed on a house two years ago, and didn't have to physically sign a single document through the whole process, including offer, inspections, and final purchase; all handled via DocuSign. And as a bonus we have electronic copies of all our "paperwork" that we can easily save, file, search, etc. Ain't life grand?

Kurt

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I’ve had more screwed up deliveries with UPS than the USPS. Best example was a package that started about 100 miles away and traveled 500 miles away then 200 miles away in the opposite direction before returning to the original city and then finally arriving at my house.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Our Amazon deliveries occasionally go to a next-door neighbor.
How hard is it to tell the difference between --54 and --44?

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
New low - I mailed five postcards on February 2nd to friends who used my old address on Christmas cards. My new address labels were attached in the middle of text side of the postcard surrounded by text. All were mailed from Colorado to Minnesota.
ONE came back to me in four days, second came back to me in three weeks. Post office couldn’t explain why. Third was delivered to correct address in two weeks and two are still finding it’s way after one and half month. First class stamps, no class service.

Last edited:

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score

Kurt
It wasn't one of their options . We used fax at work all the time, I used work fax for my own things on occasion. But no longer working so that wasn't an option this time.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

Kurt
Not everyone has a printer or scanner in their home anymore. Fax is still widely used in many businesses, even real estate transactions.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not everyone has a printer or scanner in their home anymore. Fax is still widely used in many businesses, even real estate transactions.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
:LOL::LOL:
:ROFLMAO:

In this day and age, any real estate agent who uttered the words, "Can I fax that to you?" would be fired, immediately. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My grandmother does not fax anything to anyone. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It was cutting edge ... in the 1980's.

There is this thing called "email" and there is this thing called "texts".

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
In this day and age, any real estate agent who uttered the words, "Can I fax that to you?" would be fired, immediately.
I am referring to business to business communications. Fax is faster than scanning, saving and emailing. Your purchase contract likely got to the loan officer via fax.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am referring to business to business communications. Fax is faster than scanning, saving and emailing. Your purchase contract likely got to the loan officer via fax.
I recently completed a real estate transaction using DocuSign. Difficult to imagine anything "faster" than that. Certainly not my grandmother's dusty fax machine.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But almost all business documents are created electronically, so no need to scan, etc. -- just directly send it. Boom! Much faster. Honestly, I hadn't seen the business I recently retired from use a fax in 20 years.

Kurt