• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Traveler Episode 72... HGVMax Creates Cross Country Possibility

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
One of the downsides of choosing timeshares over an RV used to be the flexibility to travel across the US and have plenty of places to stay. Well, not so anymore thanks to the merger of Diamond International and Hilton Grand Vacations creating HGVMax. This is a huge game changing event for the Hilton Timeshare brand. Although not nearly as many locations as an RV, I do finally have the option. This removes one of my drawbacks of timeshares as timeshare companies expand their offerings.

This seems to be a result of the timeshare industry consolidations. The Mergers of the timeshare companies is creating more capabilities in the remaining companies. In this video, I have created a trip where I stay in HGVMax Locations. I got the list of new locations from the Corporate office of HGV and created a sample trip. I hope you enjoy this video.

Timeshare Traveler Episode 72... HGVMax Creates Cross Country Possibility

Map of all my timeshare reviews

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I am a bit confused. Since no HVC properties are available in Max yet, for HGVC folks, are you proposing to do this when they are later this year or book them via RCI?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
According to my family that makes recreational vehicle (RV) trips, in the era of COVID there is considerably less flexibility in having places to stay than there used to be. Getting campground reservations in some areas is almost like trying to book a hard exchange in the timeshare game.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I am also confused about the purpose of this post. This sounds to me like something I would hear in a sales presentation. Since you also own Westin, Marriott, and Worldmark, seems that you should have more options to pick from.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am a bit confused. Since no HVC properties are available in Max yet, for HGVC folks, are you proposing to do this when they are later this year or book them via RCI?
Yes, I am planning on doing this at a later date. Sorry for the confusion. I got the official list of sites as part of a discussion with the corporate team.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am also confused about the purpose of this post. This sounds to me like something I would hear in a sales presentation. Since you also own Westin, Marriott, and Worldmark, seems that you should have more options to pick from.
I was surprised that I could do this with just Hilton. Yes, I have other options personally. But if you are a person with just HGVMax, you will have this capability soon. And that is exciting to me.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
According to my family that makes recreational vehicle (RV) trips, in the era of COVID there is considerably less flexibility in having places to stay than there used to be. Getting campground reservations in some areas is almost like trying to book a hard exchange in the timeshare game.
That is what some of my friends are saying. I took a cross country trip last year as well. I am not seeing as many RV's. It could be the price of gas.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I was surprised that I could do this with just Hilton. Yes, I have other options personally. But if you are a person with just HGVMax, you will have this capability soon. And that is exciting to me.
That is certainly not a given. Since as a HGV owner with MAX you only get access to DRI inventory at 6 months out, there certainly will not be prime locations / times available as former DRI owners will have reserved them already. There will just be left-overs at probably the most undesirable locations.

I agree with others -- this post sounds like an advertisement from the HGV sales organization. How about a post that includes both sides -- the new opportunities vs. the challenges with the new MAX program, and include the huge costs to "upgrade" to MAX so people can decide if the ROI is there for them?

Kurt

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I agree with others -- this post sounds like an advertisement from the HGV sales organization.
Maybe Cliff is sponsored by HGV Max :p

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Maybe Cliff is sponsored by HGV Max :p

I don't believe he is sponsored by them. But the Wesley Group likes paying to have their commercials show before his videos.

It would be nice (and much more consumer friendly) if he discussed resale options on his videos a bit more.

I would be interested in knowing if @cliffbell always goes incognito in dealing with the timeshare companies (to ensure he is treated like everyone else vs. a marketing opportunity).

That is one thing I like/value about @dioxide45 / destinationtimeshare .... he seems like an undercover user to me in the videos I have seen ... and it is clear he is not sucking up to the developers to enhance his timesharing experience.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't believe he is sponsored by them. But the Wesley Group likes paying to have their commercials show before his videos.

It would be nice (and much more consumer friendly) if he discussed resale options on his videos a bit more.

I would be interested in knowing if @cliffbell always goes incognito in dealing with the timeshare companies (to ensure he is treated like everyone else vs. a marketing opportunity).

That is one thing I like/value about @dioxide45 / destinationtimeshare .... he seems like an undercover user to me in the videos I have seen ... and it is clear he is not sucking up to the developers to enhance his timesharing experience.
My comment was a bit of a joke based on some of the comments made in this thread. I certainly don't think Cliff is sponsored. About those ads. Sadly YouTube runs ads now on all videos even if they are not monetized. That is why you see the Wesley commercials on his videos. Since my channel is in YPP, I am able to block certain advertisers and am more than happy to block Wesley and about a dozen other similar outfits. Their ads shouldn't be running on my videos. I am sure Wesley is targeting certain keywords and demographic and most of Cliff's viewers are probably prime targets resulting in Wesley winning the automated auction to have their ads dropped there. In reality, timeshare exit is nearly a 100% markup industry. Their services don't really cost much except for staff to answer phones and perhaps try to work on a few files. Just like timeshare i about 50% marketing costs, I bet the same is true in the exit industry.

I don't ever tell the resorts I am there, not that it would matter much. I am not even on their radar. Only two times was I ever recognized by resort staff. First one was when checking in to Marriott's Oceana Palms a couple years ago. The front desk staff knew who I was and knew about the likes/dislikes review video I made. This was when I was still <500 subscribers. They did help me to get access to a renovated villa there. So I guess I used their knowledge of me to get a bit of a hand up. On our HGVC sales tour in May, the VIP sales person knew who I was. I don't know if he mentioned anything to the sales staff about my channel, but they were super low pressure and very professional. I would just like to think that is how they are...