• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Relief, Inc.

rwroth

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen the thread on Timeshare Liquidators (& other aliases) but does anyone know anything about Timeshare Relief, Inc? I received a postcard from them this week saying that they will "be in my area" making offers on timeshares. They offer a FREE $25 Gas Card to "come and see them".

Roy

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got one of those postcards, too. I wonder where they get their mailing lists.

rwroth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Moosie, clicking on the link given in the referenced thread (http//www.solutionsintime.net) gave me a blank/done screen. I wonder if they have moved on. I would like to know if Timeshare Relief is another of their aliases.

Roy

rwroth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Moosie said:
I just tried it and it works, so they still must be trying to interest people.

http://www.solutionsintime.net/

It was the same speal, and it perked my interest until I posted here.

Moosie, your link went thru this time. The wording on their website sounds very much like that with TimeShare Relief. Probably just another alias, though one claims to be in California & the other in Las Vegas.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
They are all the same, their websites always have the same wording. As a retired English teacher, I can tell when kids copied each other and changed the words slightly, and this reeks of Vacation Solutions. VS has changed their website to rentals, to get some of their money back for weeks sitting in inventory. Their website was virtually the same as the one you are referring to. Some of their past sites have been shut down, to cover up the fact that the company is the same.

All of the postcard scams are the same people, they just try to make it look like more than one company. The obvious goal in doing that is to make you think you are answering a different ad.

I know that many on TUG have been happy with their ebay resales. I just wonder how many have actually been this company's salespeople. All of us should pay our cashier's checks to the closing/escrow companies, not to individuals, but some had to learn it the hard way.

Lew Skannon

Reaction score
My wife and I attended a presentation by these people at the DoubleTree Hotel in Waltham, MA yesterday (7/29/06). We went there at our assigned time of 10 AM (with our deed, as instructed) and were given a form to fill out. Then we were taken into a conference room where we watched a video detailing the horrors of timeshare ownership. I estimate there were 5 or 6 properties represented by about 12 people in the room, and 4 representatives of TR in the room. After the video, one of the reps gave a very well-prepared Power Point(?) presentation. Here are the main points as I remember them.

Contracts between developers and timeshare buyers are very onesided. After the contract is signed, developers have almost complete freedom to modify the provisions as they wish; the buyers have no freedom at all.

Unused timeshare weeks are rented out by developers at rates which are less than the maintenance fees. Why own a timeshare when you can rent it for less money and have no commitment?

If you want to get rid of your timeshare, you have a problem. You probably can't sell it, as there are no buyers. You can't give it to charity; they won't take it. You can't simply stop paying maintenance fees, as you will be legally assailed, a lien put on your house, charged for interest and legal fees, etc.

Not even death will free you from your timeshare. Your heirs will inherit it and have to face the same problem.

Never fear! TR to the rescue. For a fee which is the lesser of 7 times your annual maintenance fee or $3495, they will take your timeshare off your hands forever. Of course, you don't hear about this until the last 5 minutes of the presentation.

After the presentation ended, TR reps went 1 on 1 with each group of owners. We asked a few polite questions, said we would have to check with our lawyer, and finally had to request our $25 gas card, since none had been offered. We took it and left, being sure to use it up on the way home.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got one of their postcards, too. Oddly, it was addressed to my husband's first name, with my last name. (We have different last names.) I can't figure out where they got that combination of names.

I called them, but they didn't call back. I probably left it until too late -- I called the first of two days that they were supposed to be in my area. Too bad -- I was hoping to show up and warn people away from them.

These people tick me off. They are ripping off unsuspecting timeshare owners, plus they are devaluing timeshares for those of us who do own. The idea that "Your heirs will inherit it and have to face the same problem" is particularly outrageous. They also said, "Friends don't let friends buy timeshares" on their postcard! I want all of my friends to buy timeshares. I love my timeshares! (Well, other than having to deal with RCI Points hassles.)

Lew -- glad that you didn't get suckered in. Do you know if anyone else bought into this?

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Off topic

JudyS said:
Oddly, it was addressed to my husband's first name, with my last name. (We have different last names.) I can't figure out where they got that combination of names

I just had to comment on this, since I've been through the same thing many times. For the first decade we were married, I think it really bothered my husband to be called by my last name. We compounded the problem by leaving our phone in my name (for various reasons). He made many snide comments about losing his identify.

The second decade of marriage, he got over it. Just like I don't complain when people call me by his last name (mostly people who know my kids), we both just answer to either name.

The kids also get mail sometimes with my last name. Have no clue how anybody gets that combination.

Sheila

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
They get your timeshare AND your money. Sounds like a good deal to me (for them).:( :(

DianneL

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also got a postcard, which I ingored. Funny thing is that I am in the process of purchasing a third week of timeshare. Does that sound like I am disgruntled with the plan and ready to give my weeks away? Or worse yet, pay them to take them off my hands?

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I met a couple on a cruise in February who had "bought into" this sceme a year earlier. They went to a meeting at a hotel and paid $6,000. (ouch!) to unburden themselves of two timeshare weeks, one of which was a prime week at a great resort that could easily have been sold for about $5,000. with minimum effort on their part. Even after I told them this gently, they still felt it was money well-spent to be rid of the burden.

However, the second week--an off season week at a mediocre resort--that they signed over to these guys was apparently never disposed of, as the resort told them that it was still listed in their names and that the 2006 maintenance fees, which were due 6 months after the "transfer" took place, had not been paid. When they tried to contact the company that supposedly "relieved them of the burden," the company had gone out of business. The Better Business Bureau told them that they have numerous similar complaints, and that there are warrants for their arrest.

This couple was also told by their resort that there will be costs involved in obtaining a replacement of the deed they signed over, and no longer possess. They will first have to file a police report in the city where the timeshare is located, which is thousands of miles from their home, and that they will have to obtain a title report to be sure that someone hasn't already registered the ts in another name. The only consession that the resort made was to cancel the penalty for the late apyment of the maint. fees.

What a sad story.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Why do you think this company has so many aliases? They should be taking the weeks into their own names, which they usually do, but when they know a timeshare is going to be a hard one to sell, they really obviously do not want anything to do with it.

Too bad these people who want to dump their timeshares don't just post them here on TUG for $100. Of course, that would just make too much sense, making money on these weeks they consider "burdens." I would never pay anyone to take a timeshare off of my hands. There are some resorts that will even allow us to quit claim them back, so why pay someone to do it? :(

bsteigner

Reaction score
[
rickandcindy23 said:
Too bad these people who want to dump their timeshares don't just post them here on TUG for $100. :(

Considering the montrous lies I was told getting in, I find it hard to believe that anyone embedded in this industry would have the temerity to call anyone else a scam. The whole TS industry is riddled with scams in my book. I'm sure you can tell now that I'm one of the many disgruntled who was told upfront my property would only increase in value when it has done just the opposite and in a big way. I read a number of posts that describe my situation "to a T."
But what really gauls me is that this site (regardless of the reams of "valuable information" and "friendly people") can feel right about expousing the virtues of TSing while at the same time glibly suggesting that receiving $100 for something one has invested thousands in isn't in itself part of the scam.
In fact, the thing I find refreshing about Timeshare Relief was their wholesale lambasting of the TS industry, which it justly deserves. I don't mean to implicate the large of number of folks who are registered here for community and knowledge, but it didn't take long to see that a small number are involved in providing free advertising for the TS industry while at the same time saying, "oh hey, ditch it here for a $1. No problem. If you can."
At least Timeshare Relief removedtells it like it is and provide a guarentee, which I assume is what you're really paying for--a guarentee. I know I'm all for that.
I don't know if I'm ready to go there yet, but I certainly would feel better about the whole thing if the chorus didn't also have their hands in the collection basket.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are not scamming anyone out of money. Your company does.

People on TUG like timeshare, which is why we are here. If we didn't find benefit in the product, even if we bought our first timeshares from developers, there would be no need to obsess the way we do.

So you think a company that charges $3,995 to take back a timeshare is okay? I think it is disgusting to take someone's money like that.

TUG is about providing real "solutions" to those who want to get the most of their ownerships. We are not taking loads of money from one group of people, disgruntled that their purchases are not what they thought they would be, then selling the same weeks to others, telling them what a great value timeshare is. You appeal to both sides with opposite information. Vacation Solutions, Timeshare Relief, Resort Acquisitions, Time No More, are all the same company, scamming people.

Yes, if someone wants to get rid of their timeshare, we will help them get rid of it and save them some big money.

MusicMan

TUG Member
Reaction score
At least Timeshare Relief tells it like it is and provide a guarentee, which I assume is what you're really paying for--a guarentee. I know I'm all for that.

Actually, they just PROMISE a guarantee, they dont' truly provide one, as previous posts have pointed out. If they dont' process the change of ownership the property is still yours. The big problem with timeshares is paying develpers prices....no, actually the problem is the lies that are told in the sales process. If everyone KNEW how timeshare ownership and trading really works, and weren't promised "you can trade anywhere in the world with your blue week", "you can always rent it out for a profit", "it will appreciate in value", "it's an investment" [and other variations on a theme] the decision to pay or not pay a given price would just be another market decision. The actual use of the timeshares is great!!

Bill4728

Reaction score
rick and cindy said:
So you think a company that charges $3,995 to take back a timeshare is okay? I think it is disgusting to take someone's money like that.

TUG is about providing real "solutions" to those who want to get the most of their ownerships. We are not taking loads of money from one group of people, disgruntled that their purchases are not what they thought they would be, then selling the same weeks to others, telling them what a great value timeshare is. You appeal to both sides with opposite information. Vacation Solutions, Timeshare Relief, Resort Acquisitions, Time No More, are all the same company, scamming people.

Yes, if someone wants to get rid of their timeshare, we will help them get rid of it and save them some big money.

If these companies could at least personalize their pitch it wouldn't be so bad. But, the fact that all TS are worthless and you must pay TimeshareSolutions >$3000 to take it off your hand is, IMHO, a scam.

bsteigner

Reaction score
rickandcindy23 said:
We are not scamming anyone out of money. Your company does.

I love that. Immediately try to associate any dissenting viewpoint with the "common" evil. Nice. I've seen that tactic all over these threads. "Your company." I just heard about them! Very funny. Anyway. You missed my point entirely. Yet you seem truly sincere, which brings to mind the adage that hypocisy's most abiding companion is sincerity.

You truly seem to think that someone getting back pennies on the dollar is fine (as long as it stays in a system you benefit from) but that paying someone to solve your timeshare nightmare "is disgusting" (because it's not.) There's my problem.

Listen. This industry is the way it is. I didn't understand it when I got in. I understand it now. I'm mad and I'm getting increasingly mad, the deeper I get. Everyone tries to pretend they're different. What seperates you from companies like Timeshare Relief is a matter of a small degree (and the fact that you promote while they condemn, which is the bigger difference.) I really don't have a problem with either of you. Someone has to deal with all these worthless properties. And at this point, whether I receive a dollar or pay a couple grand doesn't really matter to me. Whatever works.

johnmfaeth

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread further proves the old adage:

There are a bunch a popes, a few lawyers, and no timeshare salesman in heaven.

I'll put Timeshare Relief in the timeshare salesmen category for this one...

KaileyB

Reaction score
Touche bsteigner!

You have SO nailed it. The whole thing reminds me of a joke I heard way back that was written under the guise of "ten rules for winning an argument you're losing." One of the more amusing suggestions on the list was "when your position begins to show cracks compare your opponent to Hitler." He he he...

I'm one of the "fools" who offloaded my timeshare with Timeshare Relief and... wait for it... don't regret it. I know, I know... nuts huh?

Anyhow, your last post in this thread made me laugh. Kudos.:clap:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Now there's an intriguing attitude:

1. Someone pays me money for my timeshare: This is bad and the person paying me money is scamming me.
  2. I pay someone to take my timeshare of my hands This is good and the person to whom I'm paying money is providing a vauable service.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This whole defense of Timeshare Relief is ridiculous.

Both posters here that are defending this company NEVER post about anything else. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Why seek out a Timeshare Usergroup Forum such as this and talk about paying someone to buy back your weeks. This makes no sense. Come here if you have a problem using your week, but do not come here and tell us how grand Timeshare Relief is. We all know about your company and do not care to read your propaganda.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I agree with Cindy. Why would someone who hates timesharing and paid $3495 to GIVE it away be posting on a timeshare website? Why would you even be reading this BBS after you gave your TS away? If you were that interested, you would have come here first.

Let's see - pay $3495 or get paid as little as a $1. Which is a better deal? Gee, that's a no brainer!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lew Skannon said:
Not even death will free you from your timeshare. Your heirs will inherit it and have to face the same problem.

Although I don't have a law degree and thus am not a lawyer.....I'm still not sure this statement is correct. My recollection is that my will says something like "no beneficiary is obligated to take anything that is willed to them and may decline the bequest".

Just a thought!!

GEORGE