• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare exit team questions any complaints? for real

hammerhammer

Reaction score
Is there finally a way out of a TS?

I keep hearing and ad on my radio for this Time Share Exit Team.

Timeshare Exit Team [link deleted - we don't want to advertise for these people]

I am sorry and I searched and tried to find a thread on them with no luck.

Just seems like there is really no way out of a solid TS contract so I am confused how they get good radio time

Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
They PAY for it - like all radio Ads.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
can always call your local radio station and inquire what their advertising rates are.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
The only real way out of a timeshare is to sell or give it away.

I hear the ads for TS exit team on our local radio station as well. They do sound convincing, but i am unsure exactly what attempt or promise once you engage with with them.

If if you do decide to contact them, i would be very cautious and extremely careful if they ask for any money up front..

Like any business, i am sure they are making money to pay for those ads.. and i am pretty sure it comes from people wanting to get out of their contracts.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you are willing to pay thousands of dollars, and don't care if it's legal - you can get rid of any timeshare. It's call a Viking Ship Company...

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a thread on this, I think? It was about a radio celebrity endorsements for them. I think tugbrian posted it. You may want to try to find it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
No one will help you give away your timeshare unless they get money out of you first,then what is the incentive to sell it for you? They got your money and you still have your timeshare! I thought my resort would take back my timeshare for a fee, but they said I am on a waiting list to see if I qualify for the sell back. In the meantime they said I am free to sell or give it away. They did not ask for the money yet. So I will keep looking to give it away! Pretty bad when the resort doesn't want it back either!
Silentg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im genuinely curious as to where you own, and what efforts you have made to give your ownership away prior to contemplating spending thousands of dollars on a random company?

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sorry and I searched and tried to find a thread on them with no luck.

At the top of this page, you will see a blue horizontal bar with the word "Search". Click that. Then, you will see a blank white space. Type in "Timeshare Exit Team". Make sure the blue dot is on the spot that says Search Threads then hit Go.

That will bring up many threads about TSET. If you read through some or all of those threads, you will see many unfavourable reports about this company.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223957&highlight=exit

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233401&highlight=exit

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233097&highlight=exit

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232008&highlight=exit

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229113&highlight=exit

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218866&highlight=exit

Using the TUG search function is not easy for me. If you enter timeshare exit team the results will show threads with any of those three word in them. I searched the word exit and found these threads on the first 3 of 13 pages. Maybe it will help.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Click SEARCH
The SEARCH TUG VIA GOOGLE
then put "timeshare exit team" in the box

Ellsworth007

Reaction score
We went and talked with a timeshare exit team. The representative sits and reviews the process then covers fees. They will take a down payment and payments. Every time share is different and has a different fee I think ours would have cost us $7,500.00 for both. Their lawyers threaten to sue the company for fraud and are able to get the timeshare owner out of the agreement. Our rep said if they can't get us out of the time share, we get our money back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$7,000 is ridiculous...

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went and talked with a timeshare exit team. The representative sits and reviews the process then covers fees. They will take a down payment and payments. Every time share is different and has a different fee I think ours would have cost us $7,500.00 for both. Their lawyers threaten to sue the company for fraud and are able to get the timeshare owner out of the agreement. Our rep said if they can't get us out of the time share, we get our money back.

Sk

Is your post:

A) a statement showing how ridiculous this company's offer is?

B) a question asking if this is a good deal or not? Or

C) a shill-like post advertising this company?

If it is B, then no, this is not a good deal.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
one would think with a guarantee like that, they could charge 10 thousand "after" they were successful in cancelling your contract!

that said, if you have the ability to pay 7 grand for someone to merely attempt to get you out, why not try to give it away for free and save 7 thousand dollars?

just a little bit of common sense should tell you there are so many problems with that "pitch"

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
one would think with a guarantee like that, they could charge 10 thousand "after" they were successful in cancelling your contract!

that said, if you have the ability to pay 7 grand for someone to merely attempt to get you out, why not try to give it away for free and save 7 thousand dollars?

just a little bit of common sense should tell you there are so many problems with that "pitch"
If they really are attorneys, and they really have an agreement that fees are not earned until they are successful, then fees must remain in Client Trust Account (in CA), until fees are earned.
If this operation is operating differently, they are violating California law.

I'm not arguing the whole up-front issue, nor whether they are following these rules, nor stating the business is legit or not. I'm just trying to give the rules for attorneys in CA (and most jurisdictions).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
doesnt that assume that they are actually "retaining" a lawyer...vs just signing up for their "Service" that as mentioned above merely sends regular correspondence to the resort in question demanding they cancel the clients ownership. (ie something the client could do themselves for far less, as stamps are cheap these days)

im genuinely curious about this now.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
If they really are attorneys, and they really have an agreement that fees are not earned until they are successful, then fees must remain in Client Trust Account (in CA), until fees are earned.
If this operation is operating differently, they are violating California law.

I'm not arguing the whole up-front issue, nor whether they are following these rules, nor stating the business is legit or not. I'm just trying to give the rules for attorneys in CA (and most jurisdictions).

Same in Virginia and, as you say, most jurisdictions. Co-mingling operating accounts and lawyer trust accounts is one of the most common reasons attorneys are disciplined.

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Luckily I am not in the situation of owning a timeshare that I did not want BUT if I were then this is what I would do. Typically when I give advice I try to put myself in the shoes of the person.

Most of these give it back companies I have seen are scam artist I wouldn't trust em. NEVER pay an upfront fee to get rid of a timeshare.

Scenario two is a WORSE CASE SCENARIO

Scenario One
See if I were within the window still to exercise buyers remorse for the state I purchased the timeshare in. If this did not apply I would move to Scenario two.

Scenario Two
If I owned a timeshare where I owed $20,000 or something bonkers like that and to my knowledge a lot of timeshare companies will not allow resale unless you have a warranty deed owing $0 so reselling this in most cases would NOT be an option if this applies. I would default on the timeshare and have it foreclosed ruining my credit and prior to doing so try to position myself where I wouldn't need a loan for a very long time and wait for the FCRAs statue of limitations for reporting the bad mark to fall off.

Scenario Three
If I owned the warranty deed owing a $0 balance on the timeshare and there was some resale value DVC timeshare etc then sell it for money try to recoup some of the money back out of it.

Scenario Four
If the timeshare was paid off and I had the warranty deed and there was no resale value I would see if the resort would take it back in some instances they do if it is paid off.

Scenario Five
If the timeshare was paid off and the resort would not allow deedbacks. Also the timeshare had no resale value then I would try to give it away for free. If really desperate I would try to offer an extra incentive like paying next years maintenance fees allow free usage for one year and pay closing cost etc.

Be very skeptical of give it back companies I personally wouldn't trust any of them. If you bought a timeshare from a resort I would say once burnt lesson learnt and try to not fall victim to other scams.

Last edited:

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
To add to the above I called a similar company to the timeshare exit team and like everyone of these companies they want a large upfront fee.

I was calling just out of curiosity I already knew what these companies were about. I was in the process of helping my mother in law get rid of a Silverleaf blue week.

They quoted $4000 to help us get rid of it exclaiming Silverleaf was the absolute worse and most difficult to get rid of timeshare out there. They also mentioned it had to be paid in full for them to take it.

The irony in this whole thing is the guy already knew that he was lying Silverleaf is one of the easiest to get out of because they accept free deed backs. The process was one of the fastest easiest processes ever the thing was deeded back in less than three weeks FOR FREE.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Luckily I am not in the situation of owning a timeshare that I did not want BUT if I were then this is what I would do Typically when I give advice I try to put myself in the shoes of the person......
<....>

Be very skeptical of give it back companies I personally wouldn't trust any of them. If you bought a timeshare from a resort I would say once burnt lesson learnt and try to not fall victim to other scams.

Wow. That was a very nice post. Formatting and all. I'm going to put that on my 'quote' list for these all too frequent 'exit-strategy' posts.

Cheers to you..