• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The bright side of COVID-19

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's start a positive message for a change.

1. Pollution is declining worldwide.
2. I am spending more quality time with my 2 college kids that are now taking online classes from home. We have not yet downsized!
3. I save by not having a commute and by eating at home more. And of course by canceling vacations.
4. I save time by not getting dressed for work. While teleworking, I can watch TV or do household chores.
5. I exercise more.
6. I have more time to watch TV and movies.

Let's focus on the positive in this thread.

Last edited:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Re: #4 saving time by not getting dressed for work. I am still in the same nightgown I put on Saturday night. We will have a "pj day" often on a Sunday, but now it is after noon on Monday. Saving lots of time!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Re: #4 saving time by not getting dressed for work. I am still in the same nightgown I put on Saturday night. We will have a "pj day" often on a Sunday, but now it is after noon on Monday. Saving lots of time!
I am still showering, getting dressed (no make up but including earrings) each day. Of course it's only been one week.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
1. I am cleaning out our my freezer and pantry. :) Some things were getting close to the expiration date.
2. Our son's next door neighbor brought us 3# of ground beef because he thought we might need some fresh meat. :) He is a meat buyer for Safeway and does pop over with meat or shrimp every so often. It was nice of him to think of us.
3. I caught up on my ironing! I watched a good movie while doing it. :)
4. Hubs trimmed all the shrubs and checked all the drippers for watering.
5. Backed up my computers onto a portable drive.
6. Finding time to finish organizing photos online and completing photo albums.
7. We have both been reading more.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Lost 3 lbs. in the last 1.5 weeks because I'm eating so much better :banana: . I'm doing a grocery run tomorrow and asked DH if he wanted me to pick up chips, cookies or anything...and he said no which is great because unlike him, I have no self control if it's around!

Ingrid

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
One bright side of the Coronavirus the canals in Venice, Italy are clean and you can see small fish in their canals.

Last edited:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Not yet able to be personally positive about anything COVID-19 related. If I had to stretch, on my daughter's behalf, it would be the extension of time to file income tax. (She's a CPA.)

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
1. I am cleaning out our my freezer and pantry. :) Some things were getting close to the expiration date.
2. Our son's next door neighbor brought us 3# of ground beef because he thought we might need some fresh meat. :) He is a meat buyer for Safeway and does pop over with meat or shrimp every so often. It was nice of him to think of us.
3. I caught up on my ironing! I watched a good movie while doing it. :)
4. Hubs trimmed all the shrubs and checked all the drippers for watering.
5. Backed up my computers onto a portable drive.
6. Finding time to finish organizing photos online and completing photo albums.
7. We have both been reading more.

We are not big on salads, but I'd checked to see our dressing situation just before going to the store on Thursday because I had a Monopoly token for a free bottle. Saw lots of old dates, but didn't stop to do anything about them at the time. That will be one of this week's projects

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you happen to be in the market for another timeshare or a vacation home, I am anticipating some bargains in the next few months.

My kids avoided the Freshman 15. But they might catch the COVID-19 (gaining 19 pounds from eating good food at home vs bad food at school)

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lost 3 lbs. in the last 1.5 weeks because I'm eating so much better :banana: . I'm doing a grocery run tomorrow and asked DH if he wanted me to pick up chips, cookies or anything...and he said no which is great because unlike him, I have no self control if it's around!

Ingrid
I clicked like while munching on a bag of cheetos...

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
For me and my husband absolutely nothing. It is a bad start to our retirement, not to mention it has interfered with us seeing doctors and my husband getting his much needed medication.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I officially retired last week, and have only left home one time since for a quick grocery store run. The good news is my Honeydo list is growing, as I discover more and more things I want to get done around here. On the other hand, I got a good head start on gardening chores for this year. Pacing myself now, so I can get into this whole "retired" mode.

Dave

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
I believe the nature is getting well deserved break from hoards of “nature enthusiasts “ at perfect time of the year.
My daughter is reporting significant savings on coffee shop purchases and is learning to cook her meals at home.
We are cooking and baking at home, and also looking forward to our first trip to Safeway in three weeks tomorrow.
Stay home, stay safe!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I officially retired last week, and have only left home one time since for a quick grocery store run. The good news is my Honeydo list is growing, as I discover more and more things I want to get done around here. On the other hand, I got a good head start on gardening chores for this year. Pacing myself now, so I can get into this whole "retired" mode.

Dave
Don't over do it, Dave - your only option is to return to work! Yuck!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My dd is saving money on bus fare and getting coffee out since she's working from home.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We have always been homebodies but this is ridiculous. We purposely bought this brand new little house with no property to have less work to do since we have been working on our homes since age 21! Now we want a different lifestyle. I guess it is not meant to be and we will be twidling our thumbs in here for quite sometime.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Don't over do it, Dave - your only option is to return to work! Yuck!

True enough. Except all my coworkers are now on mandatory working remote, so even if I went back to work, I'd still be at home. Yikes! :D

Dave

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We have always been homebodies but this is ridiculous. We purposely bought this brand new little house with no property to have less work to do since we have been working on our homes since age 21! Now we want a different lifestyle. I guess it is not meant to be and we will be twidling our thumbs in here for quite sometime.

I have hope that we will be allowed to go out within a month or a few months at most. This will not last forever, even though right now it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You can still go to the grocery store and the hardware store as well as take walks outside. I am also a homebody so I personally am not feeling that restricted but I would like this to be over too. I would like to re-open my office ASAP.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
A few silver linings:

1) There is a developer that is seeking to develop a vacant parcel near our home. The mega home would have partially blocked our view. It is now economically unfeasible to build this.
2) Our dd would technically graduate this year but needs a 5th year to finish her college degree. Since this year's graduation ceremony was cancelled, she will be able to celebrate next year with all of the senior fun. It sucks that we have to pay for another year of tuition, but she would not have found a job if she graduated this year anyway. Funny how things turn out.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I have hope that we will be allowed to go out within a month or a few months at most. This will not last forever, even though right now it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You can still go to the grocery store and the hardware store as well as take walks outside. I am also a homebody so I personally am not feeling that restricted but I would like this to be over too. I would like to re-open my office ASAP.

It had better be very soon. If it goes more than a few weeks we are doomed. I am not feeling very good about it right now. When a doctor will not even see a patient for something other than corona virus our country is in trouble.

I have spent the past few months fighting with insurance companies' incompetent staff just to HAVE insurance and now worked diligently to make sure we would have care in our new state only to still be in the fight and frankly I am close to done. So I guess we will die and that's it. My 85 year old friend said before this corona virus thing that she couldn't even find an ophthalmologist to see her in New Jersey where she moved- no new patients or Medicare patients. So she said screw it . She will just go blind. She has mascular degeneration. I get it. You just give up. No one cares.

So now maybe just forget having insurance or get reimbursed our premiums since we can't be seen by anyone. We are responsible upstanding people and we get screwed over for doing all the right things.

After a while you get tired of fighting and tired of life and the BS.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@WinniWoman I understand your frustration, however stewing over it does not help. Suggest you find something positive to pass the time until this blows over (which it will). Can you sew face masks and donate to a local hospital to pay it forward? Can you plant a garden?