• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Surprise Info on Marriott Online Presentation

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
I received an email from Andrew O. an MVC Management Consultant located in Orlando to set up an internet meeting to review the latest changes with Abound. The crux of the meeting was the idea I should have been offered last year the opportunity to purchase MVC Points to bring me up to Executive status, I am currently at Select status in Abound and need 1,200 more points to achieve Executive status. I own both flex points and resale points that were grandfathered into abound. For $20,000 I could buy 1,200 MVC points and achieve executive status in MVC, all the properties in MVC. I asked them what would happen to my annual maintenance payments, $949 more a year I would pay more, Here is the kicker, I would retain my Vistana deeds, how can this be possible? If I truly have exec status with MVC, shouldn’t, the new deed reflect this? They insisted I would have full access to MVC poperties not just abound. I refused the offer. Should I report this to Marriot?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The purchase of additional Club Points would just add to the club points you get from your elected VOIs which would bring you to Executive level. You already have access as a Select member, this purchase just increases your level.

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My current access is limited to MVC properties thru Abound? converting star options? the rep told me I would have full access to all the MVC properties as a MVC executive club member.

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So basically the marketing rep lied to me, I would not have direct access to all MVC properties other than the 1,200 MVC points I would be purchasing, I would be limited to Abound MVC inventory. This is the kind of thing that gives timeshares a bad reputation.

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for your help with this.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So basically the marketing rep lied to me, I would not have direct access to all MVC properties other than the 1,200 MVC points I would be purchasing, I would be limited to Abound MVC inventory. This is the kind of thing that gives timeshares a bad reputation.
It will almost always be limited to Abound inventory. There is really no distinct difference between elected points and trust points.

LeslieDet

TUG Member
Reaction score
My current access is limited to MVC properties thru Abound? converting star options? the rep told me I would have full access to all the MVC properties as a MVC executive club member.
What other properties do you think are out there, outside of the MVC Trust (whether you own Trust Points or are using the exchange to elect Club Points in lieu of occupying your owned VOI)? How or what are you viewing as "full access"? Whether you own Trust Points or elect them, they all access the same inventory that is bookable with Club Points. That inventory is comprised of (1) unit components owned by the Trust; and (2) inventory placed into the Trust Exchange because the actual deeded owner elected Club Points in lieu of occupancy for that particular use year.

BTW - MVC Trust points are sold in increments of 250 points, so, you cannot actually purchase 1200. It would be 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, etc.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your Vistana properties also have full access to all MVC properties when you elect for Abound points each year.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Should I report this to Marriott?
Since no one answered this directly, “No”. At this point, MVC incentivizes its salespeople to lie.

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, once upon a time MVCI sold a superior product and for the most part what the salespeople said was completely true (except for the lie of omission that they never mentioned resale). Yes, the week you purchased bought fabulous vacations year after year at MVCI resorts or could be traded for airfare and hotel stays at Marriotts around the world.

Sadly, those days are long gone. Now MVC charges for toilet paper and your week can be traded for a few nights at a Courtyard in Sheboygan (with all apologies to anyone who lives in Sheboygan).

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
What other properties do you think are out there, outside of the MVC Trust (whether you own Trust Points or are using the exchange to elect Club Points in lieu of occupying your owned VOI)? How or what are you viewing as "full access"? Whether you own Trust Points or elect them, they all access the same inventory that is bookable with Club Points. That inventory is comprised of (1) unit components owned by the Trust; and (2) inventory placed into the Trust Exchange because the actual deeded owner elected Club Points in lieu of occupancy for that particular use year.

BTW - MVC Trust points are sold in increments of 250 points, so, you cannot actually purchase 1200. It would be 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, etc.
Maybe they mean Ritz Carlston properties or other low value Executive perks? Clearly, they do not know what they own and what they currently can do with it.

LeslieDet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since no one answered this directly, “No”. At this point, MVC incentivizes its salespeople to lie.

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, once upon a time MVCI sold a superior product and for the most part what the salespeople said was completely true (except for the lie of omission that they never mentioned resale). Yes, the week you purchased bought fabulous vacations year after year at MVCI resorts or could be traded for airfare and hotel stays at Marriotts around the world.

Sadly, those days are long gone. Now MVC charges for toilet paper and your week can be traded for a few nights at a Courtyard in Sheboygan (with all apologies to anyone who lives in Sheboygan).
While you know that I am very frustrated with the multiple misleading sales pitches that are out there, in this instance, it doesn't seem as though any lies were told. Rather, the OP doesn't understand how the product works, meaning what enrollment actually means, and how the cross brand access is integrated in Abound. That is clear from how the OP worded the post, thinking it was some sort of "kicker" that he would retain his original Vistana deeds. Apologies to the OP, but the salesman wasn't lying to you; he was being straight. If the salesman was lying, he would have said that the OP needed to give up his original Vistana deeds and purchase only MVC Trust Points. That would be the lie.

And, it sounds like the sales person was pitching different access that "executive" level gets to other options over and above that of "select" level and "owner" level owners. Those are not lies; they may be inflated perks, ie opinions, but still not lies.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
While you know that I am very frustrated with the multiple misleading sales pitches that are out there, in this instance, it doesn't seem as though any lies were told. Rather, the OP doesn't understand how the product works, meaning what enrollment actually means, and how the cross brand access is integrated in Abound. That is clear from how the OP worded the post, thinking it was some sort of "kicker" that he would retain his original Vistana deeds. Apologies to the OP, but the salesman wasn't lying to you; he was being straight. If the salesman was lying, he would have said that the OP needed to give up his original Vistana deeds and purchase only MVC Trust Points. That would be the lie.

And, it sounds like the sales person was pitching different access that "executive" level gets to other options over and above that of "select" level and "owner" level owners. Those are not lies; they may be inflated perks, ie opinions, but still not lies.
So when I convert my star Options into Abound Points, Abound Points are actually Club Points and all the current MVC properties are in play. I thought I was limited By Abound What was dumped into Abound.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So when I convert my star Options into Abound Points, Abound Points are actually Club Points and all the current MVC properties are in play. I thought I was limited By Abound What was dumped into Abound.
Effectively yes. MVC usually tosses all trust inventory into the MVC Exchange Company (Abound). So all points are essentially the same. Technically what you say is correct through. If MVC weren't to toss trust inventory into the Abound Exchange then you would be limited to Marriott reservations where other owners have elected weeks/VOIs or where a trust owner booked inventory from exchange.

LeslieDet

TUG Member
Reaction score
If MVC ever stopped allowing those who elect Club Points for their ownership to book components owned by the Trust, then MVC would be shooting itself in the foot, because folks would not elect Club Points, they'd have the same "exchange" via II. While the documentation is written to allow there to be limitations on owned vs elected points, it has never been implemented, because of the need for the Trust to be able to tell prospective buyers that they can use their points to book locations like Aruba and Spain. Remember, the Trust can only own property (ie components) that are USA based, plus the USVI, a US territory. The Trust will never own any components in other countries.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
I own both flex points and resale points that were grandfathered into abound.
You can also do exchanges to MVC properties in Interval for free using your Flex home options, since you said they were also Abound eligible (meaning in the VSN). You can also exchange into other Vistana properties there for free. Club Points are not allowed to be used in Interval to book MVC or Vistana properties so your Abound-eligible Flex already has more MVC options than purchased Club Points do.