• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Moonster

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum, but i come to you with some information that may be useful here. I'm very sorry if this type of post is not allowed, if my post violates any of your rules please accept my apology and delete the thread.

I would like to start out by saying this is going to be quite a long post, however I believe it to be worth the read to prevent yourself from being defrauded or if you're looking for updated information on how to get back your money dealing with Sunset and their merry band of bandits.

anyways I digress...

On January 2023 me and my girlfriend we're staying at Ocean Spa Resort in Cancun Mexico, we were offered a heavily discounted vacation package in exchange for attending a presentation. The concierge arranged for us to attend the presentation at Hacienda Tres Rios in Playa Del Carmen (one of their much nicer resorts). I actually enjoyed the presentation, the salesmen wasn't aggressive and they seemed very forthcoming with information even going as far to show me their booking website, how to use it, etc.. I decided to buy for a couple thousand [I wont disclose the amount due to the confidentiality clause in the contract, but the amount was rather insignificant for me] which was to include 4 weeks a year, plus an additional 4 extra free weeks, cruise certificate and a two for one airfare, 50% cashback on all purchase made through their booking site.

After leaving I decided to do some research into the program and Sunset as a whole and to say the least I was petrified, nobody and I mean nobody has anything good to say about Sunset or their program. I immediately contacted them via e-mail and CC'd PROFECO for evidentiary purposes stating I wanted to cancel my contract pursuant to Article 56 of the Mexican Consumer Protection Law. I was ignored for a few days until the salesmen contacted me via WhatsApp to try and reason with me, I stuck to my guns, he eventually relented and told me he would forward my request to the cancellations department. So I'm thinking everything is fine, I got back home to Canada, but still nobody is reaching out. I contact them via email again stating that they're approaching their 15 day limit to issue the refund and I may be forced to dispute the transaction with my card issuer. They stated that my case has been referred to the board of directors for a resolution and I will be contacted shortly. Imagine my shock when I wasn't contacted shortly, I decided to call them and they gave me a WhatsApp number for the person handling my case, I contacted her and she told me she would phone me the next day, well... she didn't (Keep in mind we're in mid February by this point). I wrote her again and she said she would phone me the following day and that "The money invested would be retained" I stated that this was completely unacceptable and not legal under Mexican law and that not only would I file a complaint with PROFECO I would also dispute the charges with my card issuer which could potentially have their merchant account flagged/closed for fraud. This rather bright and intelligent individual said to me "that law is for timeshare, you are not purchase a timeshare you purchase a package of discounts", She also has some ramblings about how I waived my rights, etc.. I Kept trying to explain to her how the law works and its scope, the impossibility of waiving your rights and as you may have guessed that didn't work. I told her that if she was not going to comply with the law I will just go ahead and file the dispute and she has the audacity to say to me "ok we will send the page that you sign, that not apply any refund" after I had already explained that my rights cannot be waived.

I contacted my card issuer and filed the dispute, I wrote up a very long summary of events(I will post the example template a little later when I remove any identifying information, its very good and I believe may help some people in the same situation). I am also in the process of filing a formal complaint with PROFECO, I don't believe this will do much good, but keeping them bogged down and busy with complaints may help keep the heat on them and eventually the Government may get sick of wasting resources on this criminal origination and hold their feet to the fire. Lastly, I am in the early process of finding a lawyer to sue for punitive and moral damages, not expecting much but any amount won would be great.

I hope my post helps somebody out there, or at least makes it to google for the people researching. I will post the template tomorrow after I have some time to comb through it. If you take anything from my post please under no circumstances buy from these people, if they cant respect the law, They most certainly will not respect your contractual rights of your agreement when you try to use it?

TLR Sunset World Resorts is a borderline criminal organization that will not honor the law, do not buy anything from them.

Thanks for reading guys, if you have any questions or want to discuss anything about my post I would love to chat.

[Sunset World link removed at request of poster]

Last edited by a moderator:

Moonster

Reaction score
I don't know why that URL showed up at the bottom, and I'm not sure how to edit on here, please disregard it

Rpvc

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum, but i come to you with some information that may be useful here. I'm very sorry if this type of post is not allowed, if my post violates any of your rules please accept my apology and delete the thread.

I would like to start out by saying this is going to be quite a long post, however I believe it to be worth the read to prevent yourself from being defrauded or if you're looking for updated information on how to get back your money dealing with Sunset and their merry band of bandits.

anyways I digress...

On January 2023 me and my girlfriend we're staying at Ocean Spa Resort in Cancun Mexico, we were offered a heavily discounted vacation package in exchange for attending a presentation. The concierge arranged for us to attend the presentation at Hacienda Tres Rios in Playa Del Carmen (one of their much nicer resorts). I actually enjoyed the presentation, the salesmen wasn't aggressive and they seemed very forthcoming with information even going as far to show me their booking website, how to use it, etc.. I decided to buy for a couple thousand [I wont disclose the amount due to the confidentiality clause in the contract, but the amount was rather insignificant for me] which was to include 4 weeks a year, plus an additional 4 extra free weeks, cruise certificate and a two for one airfare, 50% cashback on all purchase made through their booking site.

After leaving I decided to do some research into the program and Sunset as a whole and to say the least I was petrified, nobody and I mean nobody has anything good to say about Sunset or their program. I immediately contacted them via e-mail and CC'd PROFECO for evidentiary purposes stating I wanted to cancel my contract pursuant to Article 56 of the Mexican Consumer Protection Law. I was ignored for a few days until the salesmen contacted me via WhatsApp to try and reason with me, I stuck to my guns, he eventually relented and told me he would forward my request to the cancellations department. So I'm thinking everything is fine, I got back home to Canada, but still nobody is reaching out. I contact them via email again stating that they're approaching their 15 day limit to issue the refund and I may be forced to dispute the transaction with my card issuer. They stated that my case has been referred to the board of directors for a resolution and I will be contacted shortly. Imagine my shock when I wasn't contacted shortly, I decided to call them and they gave me a WhatsApp number for the person handling my case, I contacted her and she told me she would phone me the next day, well... she didn't (Keep in mind we're in mid February by this point). I wrote her again and she said she would phone me the following day and that "The money invested would be retained" I stated that this was completely unacceptable and not legal under Mexican law and that not only would I file a complaint with PROFECO I would also dispute the charges with my card issuer which could potentially have their merchant account flagged/closed for fraud. This rather bright and intelligent individual said to me "that law is for timeshare, you are not purchase a timeshare you purchase a package of discounts", She also has some ramblings about how I waived my rights, etc.. I Kept trying to explain to her how the law works and its scope, the impossibility of waiving your rights and as you may have guessed that didn't work. I told her that if she was not going to comply with the law I will just go ahead and file the dispute and she has the audacity to say to me "ok we will send the page that you sign, that not apply any refund" after I had already explained that my rights cannot be waived.

I contacted my card issuer and filed the dispute, I wrote up a very long summary of events(I will post the example template a little later when I remove any identifying information, its very good and I believe may help some people in the same situation). I am also in the process of filing a formal complaint with PROFECO, I don't believe this will do much good, but keeping them bogged down and busy with complaints may help keep the heat on them and eventually the Government may get sick of wasting resources on this criminal origination and hold their feet to the fire. Lastly, I am in the early process of finding a lawyer to sue for punitive and moral damages, not expecting much but any amount won would be great.

I hope my post helps somebody out there, or at least makes it to google for the people researching. I will post the template tomorrow after I have some time to comb through it. If you take anything from my post please under no circumstances buy from these people, if they cant respect the law, They most certainly will not respect your contractual rights of your agreement when you try to use it?

TLR Sunset World Resorts is a borderline criminal organization that will not honor the law, do not buy anything from them.

Thanks for reading guys, if you have any questions or want to discuss anything about my post I would love to chat.

[Sunset World link removed at request of poster]
Hi me and my wife is in similar situation. I dont know what to do. Its so depressing..any updates on your cancellation?

Moonster

Reaction score
Hi me and my wife is in similar situation. I dont know what to do. Its so depressing..any updates on your cancellation?
So far it's been disputed with Visa, that's still in limbo at this point, but for the most part it's open and shut, I followed the cancellation procedures to the letter of the law and statute trumps whatever they stated in the contract.

Would you mind telling me a little bit about your situation and maybe I could be of some help?

Rpvc

Reaction score
So far it's been disputed with Visa, that's still in limbo at this point, but for the most part it's open and shut, I followed the cancellation procedures to the letter of the law and statute trumps whatever they stated in the contract.

Would you mind telling me a little bit about your situation and maybe I could be of some help?
We made a mistake of signing in the contract. We gave in to the pressure. So when they emailed me the contract, i read the stipulations and there are a lot of red flags..i have not slept that evening because i knew we made a big mistake. I found in the contract about the 5 day cancellation period. The following morning, i immediately submitted my letter of termination. At first they made the price lower to change my mind, but we are really decided to terminate. I made the manager who sold us the membership, sign my letter to acknowledge that he receive it. He told me somebody from cancellation department will contact me and its going to be 15 days to receive the refund. After two weeks, when we got back home, somebody called me saying he is from cancellation department, then the harrassment started. He told me that the letter was denied, i cant get out of the contract, they have lawyers to make it hard for me, its going to be very expensive etc. He was very rude. Now im still in shock that all of this happened after a single mistake. Any advise will be helpful.

Moonster

Reaction score
We made a mistake of signing in the contract. We gave in to the pressure. So when they emailed me the contract, i read the stipulations and there are a lot of red flags..i have not slept that evening because i knew we made a big mistake. I found in the contract about the 5 day cancellation period. The following morning, i immediately submitted my letter of termination. At first they made the price lower to change my mind, but we are really decided to terminate. I made the manager who sold us the membership, sign my letter to acknowledge that he receive it. He told me somebody from cancellation department will contact me and its going to be 15 days to receive the refund. After two weeks, when we got back home, somebody called me saying he is from cancellation department, then the harrassment started. He told me that the letter was denied, i cant get out of the contract, they have lawyers to make it hard for me, its going to be very expensive etc. He was very rude. Now im still in shock that all of this happened after a single mistake. Any advise will be helpful.
Okay so from the sounds of it you have options.

The absolute most important thing right now is how you delivered the cancellation letter and either or not there's proof they recieved it. This is extremely important as you will need this evidence to dispute your transaction with the credit card company.

Due to the complex nature of these types of disputes your credit card company is going to ask for evidence to support your claim.

What you're going to do is explain in writing with screenshots/signed cancellation letter/registered mail slip, exp

Moonster

Reaction score
2/2 ... got cut off

Explaining that you complied with Mexican law in cancelling your contract.

Ill give you a sample outline of what I sent the bank

I purchased a membership with the Ultimate Loyalty Program on February 1st, 2023, I decided to cancel my contract pursuant to ARTICLE 56 OF LEY Federal de Protección al Consumidor (ARTICLE 56 and of Federal Consumer Protection Law) on Febuary 2nd, 2023 via email.[SEE ATTACHMENT #1]

ARTICLE 56 of Federal Consumer Protection Law states.

“The contract will be perfected within five working days from the delivery of, or the company/signature of the contract, which ever occurs the latest. During this period, the consumer will have the right to revoke his consent without any responsibility. The revocation will have to be by means of warning or delivery of notice, in person, by registered mail, or another method of average reliability. The revocation according to this Article, will terminate the contract. In this case, the costs of shipping and insurance will be the responsibility of the consumer. If the contract is for services, this article will not be applicable if the date of receipt of the service is less than ten working days from the date of the order of purchase.”

Sunset group has alleged that the Federal Consumer Protection Law does not apply to vacation club packages, this is untrue as article 56 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law covers all Door-to-door, Non-immediate or Indirect Selling which is further defined by article 51 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law.

Article 51 states

"A door-to-door, nonimmediate or indirect sale shall be understood as the sale offered or carried out outside the facilities or commercial premises of the supplier, including the lease of personal property and the rendering of services. The provisions of this Chapter shall not apply to the purchase and sale of perishable goods received by the consumer and paid in cash."

Thus the allegation that my contract signed with Sunset Group isn't covered by Federal Consumer Protection Law is unfounded.

The vendor also alleges that I have signed away my rights to receive a full refund due to a clause outlined in our contract, this is impossible as Article 1 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law strictly prohibits this.

Article 1 States

“This Law is of public order, intended to render a social benefit, and shall be observed in all of the Mexican Republic. Its provisions cannot be waived, and no customs, uses, practices, covenants or stipulations to the contrary shall be asserted against the observance hereof. The purpose of this Law is to promote and protect the rights and culture of consumers, and to seek fairness, assurance, and legal certainty in relations between suppliers and consumers.”

Thus the vendors allegation that I have waived my rights to a full refund is unfounded.

I have made numerous attempts to rectify this issue with the vendor and they are completely unwilling to comply with Mexican law. In light of the evidence provided to you I have followed the law to cancel my contract, so no matter what the vendor alleges I may have signed statute trumps anything written in the contract, since the vendor is not willing to comply with the law and unwilling to refund my money these charges are now fraudulent.

Now make sure that you attach all evidence you have in regards to this, CC companies are very strict with chargeback procedures, it is also advisable to contact PROFECO via email to also submit a complaint.

If you need any further advice please feel free to reach out, I want to make sure that nobody else gets taken advantage of by these criminals.

Rpvc

Reaction score
2/2 ... got cut off

I purchased a membership with the Ultimate Loyalty Program on February 1st, 2023, I decided to cancel my contract pursuant to ARTICLE 56 OF LEY Federal de Protección al Consumidor (ARTICLE 56 and of Federal Consumer Protection Law) on Febuary 2nd, 2023 via email.[SEE ATTACHMENT #1]

“The contract will be perfected within five working days from the delivery of, or the company/signature of the contract, which ever occurs the latest. During this period, the consumer will have the right to revoke his consent without any responsibility. The revocation will have to be by means of warning or delivery of notice, in person, by registered mail, or another method of average reliability. The revocation according to this Article, will terminate the contract. In this case, the costs of shipping and insurance will be the responsibility of the consumer. If the contract is for services, this article will not be applicable if the date of receipt of the service is less than ten working days from the date of the order of purchase.”

Sunset group has alleged that the Federal Consumer Protection Law does not apply to vacation club packages, this is untrue as article 56 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law covers all Door-to-door, Non-immediate or Indirect Selling which is further defined by article 51 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law.

Article 51 states

"A door-to-door, nonimmediate or indirect sale shall be understood as the sale offered or carried out outside the facilities or commercial premises of the supplier, including the lease of personal property and the rendering of services. The provisions of this Chapter shall not apply to the purchase and sale of perishable goods received by the consumer and paid in cash."

Thus the allegation that my contract signed with Sunset Group isn't covered by Federal Consumer Protection Law is unfounded.

The vendor also alleges that I have signed away my rights to receive a full refund due to a clause outlined in our contract, this is impossible as Article 1 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law strictly prohibits this.

Article 1 States

“This Law is of public order, intended to render a social benefit, and shall be observed in all of the Mexican Republic. Its provisions cannot be waived, and no customs, uses, practices, covenants or stipulations to the contrary shall be asserted against the observance hereof. The purpose of this Law is to promote and protect the rights and culture of consumers, and to seek fairness, assurance, and legal certainty in relations between suppliers and consumers.”

Thus the vendors allegation that I have waived my rights to a full refund is unfounded.

I have made numerous attempts to rectify this issue with the vendor and they are completely unwilling to comply with Mexican law. In light of the evidence provided to you I have followed the law to cancel my contract, so no matter what the vendor alleges I may have signed statute trumps anything written in the contract, since the vendor is not willing to comply with the law and unwilling to refund my money these charges are now fraudulent.

Now make sure that you attach all evidence you have in regards to this, CC companies are very strict with chargeback procedures, it is also advisable to contact PROFECO via email to also submit a complaint.

If you need any further advice please feel free to reach out, I want to make sure that nobody else gets taken advantage of by these criminals.
Thank you so much for the info. I just want to ask you something. My concern is if i do cancel my CC, i will missed the payment which will result to collection and eventually lead to credit score being affected. I read some threads here that some people who did that werent affected. So im kind of worried about that. Can i get your insights from this?

Rpvc

Reaction score
2/2 ... got cut off

Article 51 states

Article 1 States

If you need any further advice please feel free to reach out, I want to make sure that nobody else gets taken advantage of by these criminals

Also I have spoken with somebody from MEXLAW and they will help me file a complain to PROFECO. They are charging me $1000 for the whole process including when they (PROFECO) will enforce to the resort the refund and contract cancellation. What do you think of this move?is it worth it or not?i really appreciate your advise. Thank you

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
2/2 ... got cut off

Also I have spoken with somebody from MEXLAW and they will help me file a complain to PROFECO. They are charging me $1000 for the whole process including when they (PROFECO) will enforce to the resort the refund and contract cancellation. What do you think of this move?is it worth it or not?i really appreciate your advise. Thank you
Don't do this, probably a scam

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
2/2 ... got cut off

Hi @Rpvc
DO NOT PAY the $ 1000
Mexlaw is charging for what the resort is required to do under Mexican law.

Your being ripped off !!!

Rpvc

Reaction score
Hi @Rpvc
DO NOT PAY the $ 1000

Thank you for your reply. Any advise on how to move forward?i just want some form of action to prove that I did not just stop the payment and do nothing. I want to file something in writing so by the time credit score gets afftected I can file a dispute and do some action to mitigate the credit issue.

Rpvc

Reaction score
Hi @Rpvc
DO NOT PAY the $ 1000

What do you think is the best way to do?i really want to file a complain to PROFECO but i dont know where to start and how to properly do it. I opted to go to MEXLAW because at least they know the process. Thank you for any advise

Moonster

Reaction score
2/2 ... got cut off

Okay so from what I gather you have no need to cancel your credit card with the bank, what you're going to wanna do is file a dispute with the bank in regards to this transaction sending them a copy of your signed cancellation letter along with a letter similar to what I wrote here, it's very open and shut, you'll get your money back don't worry, you followed the law.

I haven't heard anything bad about mexlaw, they seem to be Canadian owned, but I think their hope is completely unnecessary in this situation. Let the bank fight this battle for you, it's completely risk free on your end.

Now... As to not making your payments even according to their own illegal version of the contract(The one where you waived your right to a refund) you are still allowed to cancel within 5 days which would stop your payment. So in regards to that they're not going to do anything and even if they do hand you off to collections you can dispute the debt by showing them the contract bis already cancelled, god forbid they try to report you to the credit beureaus(which won't happen) you can just show the credit beureau a copy of your contract and cancellation letter and they will most likely ammebes your report. If they continue to take payments you can dispute/block the payments.

So really at this point all you need to do is phone up your credit card issuer and dispute the transaction, submit all the evidence you have proving you complied with article 56, and feel free to use my template I sent to the bank and cater it to your own situation.

Moonster

Reaction score
What do you think is the best way to do?i really want to file a complain to PROFECO but i dont know where to start and how to properly do it. I opted to go to MEXLAW because at least they know the process. Thank you for any advise
Also you can co tact PROFECO at
Okay so from what I gather you have no need to cancel your credit card with the bank, what you're going to wanna do is file a dispute with the bank in regards to this transaction sending them a copy of your signed cancellation letter along with a letter similar to what I wrote here, it's very open and shut, you'll get your money back don't worry, you followed the law.

I haven't heard anything bad about mexlaw, they seem to be Canadian owned, but I think their hope is completely unnecessary in this situation. Let the bank fight this battle for you, it's completely risk free on your end.

Now... As to not making your payments even according to their own illegal version of the contract(The one where you waived your right to a refund) you are still allowed to cancel within 5 days which would stop your payment. So in regards to that they're not going to do anything and even if they do hand you off to collections you can dispute the debt by showing them the contract bis already cancelled, god forbid they try to report you to the credit beureaus(which won't happen) you can just show the credit beureau a copy of your contract and cancellation letter and they will most likely ammebes your report. If they continue to take payments you can dispute/block the payments.

So really at this point all you need to do is phone up your credit card issuer and dispute the transaction, submit all the evidence you have proving you complied with article 56, and feel free to use my template I sent to the bank and cater it to your own situation.
Also you can contact PROFECO via email at extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx. They will take a couple days/weeks to get back to you, they will send you a complaint form to send a brief description of what happened. Keep in mind they can't actually do anything besides mediate between you and sunset, but it does keep their hands tied up dealing with PROFECO instead of scamming people, so I think it's good to file a complaint when them also. But in your situation your credit card company is your best friend, file your dispute with them sooner rather than later.

Rpvc

Reaction score
Also you can co tact PROFECO at

Also you can contact PROFECO via email at extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx. They will take a couple days/weeks to get back to you, they will send you a complaint form to send a brief description of what happened. Keep in mind they can't actually do anything besides mediate between you and sunset, but it does keep their hands tied up dealing with PROFECO instead of scamming people, so I think it's good to file a complaint when them also. But in your situation your credit card company is your best friend, file your dispute with them sooner rather than later.
God bless you! Thank you for all this helpful informations! We already filed for a dispute with the credit card company. Waiting for the investigation, i dont know how long will it take but i hope it’ll settle the matter soon so we can move on from this very traumatic experience.

Rpvc

Reaction score

I will probably not take the service of mexlaw because i probably just file the complain myself. I will just use the template of some complaints online with the same situation as I am. I would really like to thank you for everything.. Also one more thing, Do I need to formally receive a formal cancellation from Sunset ( which I doubt they will do) or will the cancellation letter (which according to them they do not honor) be sufficient enough?Thanks in advance.

Moonster

Reaction score
No problem at all my friend, I am very happy to help, I told Sunset that if they did not refund my money I was going to make their lives trouble and warn other consumers and I plan to make good on my promise.

Just make sure when dealing with the bank that you submit all evidence pertinent to your case, and explain to them clear as day your entire situation and how you complied with the law, chargeback procedures for submitting evidence are very time specific for you and the merchant and if steps are not followed properly a default judgement could be awarded against you, please contact me here as soon as you get the results from your initial investigation, as in the worst case senairo your chargeback gets reversed (this likely won't happen) if this happens there are other options with the CC company that can be taken that are extremely time sensitive.

I have email notifications turned on for this post so please let me know the outcome of your case, It will be a great help for anybody in the same situation as us.

Moonster

Reaction score
I will probably not take the service of mexlaw because i probably just file the complain myself. I will just use the template of some complaints online with the same situation as I am. I would really like to thank you for everything.. Also one more thing, Do I need to formally receive a formal cancellation from Sunset ( which I doubt they will do) or will the cancellation letter (which according to them they do not honor) be sufficient enough?Thanks in advance.
Also you do not need a confirmation of cancellation, just your signed cancellation letter or any email communications you had with sunset group. I don't believe proof of formal cancellation exists with this criminal organization, as both you and me know they're not very keen on honouring their legal obligations.

Rpvc

Reaction score
No problem at all my friend, I am very happy to help, I told Sunset that if they did not refund my money I was going to make their lives trouble and warn other consumers and I plan to make good on my promise.

Just make sure when dealing with the bank that you submit all evidence pertinent to your case, and explain to them clear as day your entire situation and how you complied with the law, chargeback procedures for submitting evidence are very time specific for you and the merchant and if steps are not followed properly a default judgement could be awarded against you, please contact me here as soon as you get the results from your initial investigation, as in the worst case senairo your chargeback gets reversed (this likely won't happen) if this happens there are other options with the CC company that can be taken that are extremely time sensitive.

I have email notifications turned on for this post so please let me know the outcome of your case, It will be a great help for anybody in the same situation as us.
I will definitely update this thread because this helped me a lot with this nightmare. It also gave me some form of comfort that I am not alone in this battle. I want to help too. I will make it my mission (after getting through this) to be an advocate for those people who are trapped in this cycle of lies.

Moonster

Reaction score
I will definitely update this thread because this helped me a lot with this nightmare. It also gave me some form of comfort that I am not alone in this battle. I want to help too. I will make it my mission (after getting through this) to be an advocate for those people who are trapped in this cycle of lies.
Sounds good I appreciate that, anytime you have a question or need any clarification or advice never hesitate to reach out.

Rpvc

Reaction score
Sounds good I appreciate that, anytime you have a question or need any clarification or advice never hesitate to reach out.
Hi I downloaded the complaint form for residents abroad to file to PROFECO. It says under IMPORTANT 4. Description of claim must be in english translated into spanish. How did you manage to do that? Also I just want to ask if you have any template for the Decription Of Your Complaint. Does it need to be a very long detailed description?If you dont mind i want to ask how you put the words into it. I really appreciate it. Thanks again

Rpvc

Reaction score
Can we exchange emails here too if its permitted?

Moonster

Reaction score
Hi I downloaded the complaint form for residents abroad to file to PROFECO. It says under IMPORTANT 4. Description of claim must be in english translated into spanish. How did you manage to do that? Also I just want to ask if you have any template for the Decription Of Your Complaint. Does it need to be a very long detailed description?If you dont mind i want to ask how you put the words into it. I really appreciate it. Thanks again
Sorry I have been away for awhile, you will want to send in English and in Spanish(I used Google translate, but knowing a native speaker to help would definitely be better) my description was about 1/10th of what I sent to the bank.

In my thinking PROFECO is just a good backup in case something goes wrong on the banks side so I didn't put as much effort into my complaint with them, they are also aware of the scope and jurisdiction of the laws they enforce so I don't believe a very detailed report is needed to deal with them.

I'll send you a copy of what I wrote to PROFECO, just contact me through DM and we can exchange emails.

mishi

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Royal
Hi! I’ve been searching on how to cancel contract of what they claimed to be “ club membership” in Mexico, I guess they call it that nowadays instead of timeshare. I have purchased membership last March 13,2023 unfortunately I am past the rescission period. Do you by chance have any idea how to deal with it? I have been reading threads here but most that I see are within the 5 days period when they cancelled, so I guess you both @Moonster & @Rpvc have better chance of cancelling the contract. The solution that I only know of at this moment was to just stop paying. I am not sure how it will turn out if I stop but I have been considering that. The monthly payment hasn’t started yet but of course I have already paid a hige amount of down payment from my CC. I still tried to send the company a mail to cancel contract,thru the address written in the contract which was in Florida, last March 23. I think that office is tied up with them. Then tried to contact the company itself yesterday, but unfortunately I was told I can’t cancel it and it’s already in term. I was trying to make settlement but the person I have spoken with would want me to speak again with their representative who I believe would just offer to lower the amount but not to cancel the contract so I declined to speak with them. So the phone call needed up threatening me that this will be legal case and that they will embark all my properties which I don’t really have ‍♀️