• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Still Haven't Received New RCI Resort Directory!

lizfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still haven't received my new RCI Resort Directory- I thought we were supposed to receive these by the end of January? My old Directory is in shambles from overuse, so hopefully my new one gets here soon!

roadsister

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have not received mine either :(

orpheuswaking

Reaction score
All directories will be mailed by the end of May. They are being mailed in batches. If you call a guide they can now tell you the date it will likely mail out and arrive. IF you received a directory in 2005 you will not receive one this year.

wise one

Reaction score
I live within 100 miles of the main RCI office and have not received a new directory yet. However, I received the useless GOLF magazine/flyer yesterday. It went straight into the garbage.

From what others are saying, they didnot put all the resorts in the directory, but I got the useless GOLF magazine/flyer yesterday. It went straight into the garbage, but I will keep the new directory for years, which is more important?

cw_racefan

TUG Member
Reaction score
You guys are funny ;) There's a directory? :rolleyes: I joined RCI in October, and I've yet to see anything from them other than the magazine, no directory, no membership materials of any sort, and you guys want new ones yesterday?

Just messing, sounds like they have some problems regarding distribution of anything on paper. A new member shouldn't still be waiting 3 to 3 1/2 months after paying them to get any acknowledgement.

orpheuswaking

Reaction score
Racefan, I would call to see if you are scheduled to get a new one this year. Being that you joined in 05 the system may read that it sent one out and that would preclude you getting one this year. My gut feeling however is that when your account was set up it slated you to receive the new printing this year.

As for the Directory itself, I understand the desire to have one as it's nicer to look through it with friends and family than be online. However I always refer people to RCI.COM as the online directory is more up to date than any paper directory can be.

maryk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told we had to pay $15 for a directory. That they are not sending them anymore. (since their website is so wonderful) :rolleyes:

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
orpheuswaking said:
All directories will be mailed by the end of May. They are being mailed in batches. If you call a guide they can now tell you the date it will likely mail out and arrive. IF you received a directory in 2005 you will not receive one this year.

Would you mind telling us a little bit more about yourself. You seem to speak with authority and have that Indianapolis, via England thingy there.

I agree with you BTW. I called to check on a unit number at a resort I saw available on-line. The recording that played while I was waiting said Resort Directories will be mailed between February and May. That explains why some have one and some don't.

Seems like I've been asking for one for two years now. Mine has a 2003 copyright.

Timesharemogul

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Before thousands of TUGGers post "not received"...

Of course you all did not receive your directory. Calling the RCI exchange line there is a recording while waiting which indicates that directories would be mailed starting in February ongoing thru May.
If it was JUNE 2006 and you didn't get your directory yet, chiming in here would make sense. :p

orpheuswaking

Reaction score
JLB said:
Would you mind telling us a little bit more about yourself. You seem to speak with authority and have that Indianapolis, via England thingy there.

Well..... I am from England and now reside in Indianapolis, IN. I have lived in the USA since 1997... And being that I live in Indianapolis I think we can all guess where I work :) HOWEVER the only posts I have made here are simple answers that can be found easily (Such as the phone message now telling you when the directories will mail). I am not replacing Madge, and neither will I answer detailed or complex posts (I quite like the Job and wouldn't want to overstep any boundries).

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
lizfox et al.

The directories are indeed being mailed in large groups. An RCI Guide can check your account to see when you should expect to receive yours. Or, you may of course send an e-mail to feedback@rci.com with TUG in the subject line and the Communications Team will check for you.

The first three months of the year are by far RCI's busiest. It has long been a challenge for us to answer our members' calls in a timely manner during this time. Directories tend to drive call volumes higher, which of course is a good thing, unless they are too high for us to handle quickly. One reason we stagger the directory mailings is to help spread the call volumes a bit thinner so that we can more effectively handle them.

Then there is the sheer size of the printing and distribution job to consider - a nearly 500-page book going to around 2 million members in North America alone. The staggered mailings help here as well. EV Extra is a scheduled mailing of around 24 pages that has less impact on call volumes.

Do check with our staff to see when you should expect your 2006 directory and follow up if you don't receive it within a week or two of the projected time.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
orpheuswaking said:
Well..... I am from England and now reside in Indianapolis, IN. I have lived in the USA since 1997... And being that I live in Indianapolis I think we can all guess where I work :) HOWEVER the only posts I have made here are simple answers that can be found easily (Such as the phone message now telling you when the directories will mail). I am not replacing Madge, and neither will I answer detailed or complex posts (I quite like the Job and wouldn't want to overstep any boundries).

I thought so.

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
We got our new directory today ........ Let the dreaming begin .........

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received mine today and I haven't even deposited a week in 3 yrs.

Iwant2gonow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Mountain View at Crown Ridge
Dear Kay,
Glad you posted...I live in South Jersey also but I did not receive mine today. If they are going by regions then I would think I would receive it this weeK. :) Thanks for the info.
Terrie

judyjht

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Massachusetts update - mine should get here any day - south of Boston.