• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sticky - Official 2023 Maintenance Fee Thread

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Is Wyndham going to send out the statements this year with everything owned listed in one easy spot? I cannot really use the paymentus portal at all. It's been a disaster for me.

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
Mine finally showed up online. The new format is annoying. Biggest annoyance is there are rounding issues. For instance, in order for my figures to match the $2.75, $0.78, $0.41 found in the Canterbury budget for Operating Fee, Reserves, Property Taxes, I actually have to use $2.74986, $0.78, $0.40986. But, I won't trust the budget figures necessarily, as it had $2.63 for operating fees last year, but the assessment showed $2.64.

Also the Program fee doesn't show the PIC vs UDI breakdown anymore, only the total. I ultimately had to use $0.69996 as my Program Fee rate for the total to match.

Did canterbury go up? How much?

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Midtown Manhattan
2023 Maintenance Fee 4.80
Reserve Fund .46
Property Tax .00
Total HOA Fee 5.26
Increase 7.78%

I cannot find a 2022 Assessment Summary for Midtown so this increase is based on $4.88 fee shown in the consolidated spreadsheet (where did that number come from?). If correct, this is a bigger increase than expected for Midtown. I wonder if its the reserve fund or the base fee that caused this.

Rio Mar Puerto Rico
2023 Maintenance Fee 5.93
Reserve Fund 1.05
Property Tax .22
Total HOA Fee. 7.20
Increase ??

Bali Hai – Annual Upper floor (325k points)
2023 Maintenance Fee 3.32
Reserve Fund .78
Property Tax .48
Total HOA Fee. 4.58
Increase ??

Bali Hai – Biannual Upper floor (325k points)
2023 Maintenance Fee 3.52
Reserve Fund .78
Property Tax .48
Total HOA Fee. 4.78
Increase ??

Last edited:

GRapuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas, Glacier Canyon, Club Wyndham Access
Bali Hai Standard Points
2023 Maintenance Fee 3.63
Reserve Fund 0.68
Property Tax 0.19
Total HOA Fee $3.33
Increase 7.15%

Bali Hai Designated Points
2023 Maintenance Fee 3.78
Reserve Fund 0.77
Property Tax 0.21
Total HOA Fee $4.76

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
Bali Hai Standard Points
Reserve Fund 0.68
Property Tax 0.19
Total HOA Fee $3.33
Increase 7.15%

Reserve Fund 0.77
Property Tax 0.21
Total HOA Fee $4.76
Would you check your math on the standard points again please? Based off the percentage it’s about 4.20/k?

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Would you check your math on the standard points again please? Based off the percentage it’s about 4.20/k?
If the numbers are correct and the math is wrong the total MF for Bali Hai is $4.50 for 2023 which is almost a 15% increase

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
If the numbers are correct...
The math is wrong & the post should be edited. Bali Hai's standard UDI points come in at $4.20 for 2023.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
The math is wrong & the post should be edited. Bali Hai's standard UDI points come in at $4.20 for 2023.
So are both the math and the individual amounts wrong in that original post? Because the amounts add up to $4.50.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the numbers are correct and the math is wrong the total MF for Bali Hai is $4.50 for 2023 which is almost a 15% increase
A better breakdown for the UDI points would be this summary from the association:

Operating 1.93
Reserves .68
Condo Dues 1.59

Total 4.20

Last edited:

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Grand Desert 1 & 2, Las Vegas, went from $5.13/1000 to $5.41/1000, a 5.30% increase.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Bali Hai Standard Points
Reserve Fund 0.68
Property Tax 0.19
Total HOA Fee $3.33
Increase 7.15%

Reserve Fund 0.77
Property Tax 0.21
Total HOA Fee $4.76

Shouldn't the "standard points" be $4.50? 3.63+.68+.19=4.50.

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

nerk01

Reaction score
Just got year end from Hawaii Waikiki Beach Walk.

Operating Fee 4.11
Reserve 1.59
Taxes 0.44
Condo/AOAO Dues 0.18

Total HOA Fee $6.33
Increase 8.8%

GRapuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas, Glacier Canyon, Club Wyndham Access
Sorry about that. I made the mistake of clicking Post Reply without double-checking my numbers. I typed it wrong and the total fee for standard points is indeed 4.20.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m just bumping this thread in case any owners who missed this earlier might have their assessment letters handy to share MF updates with us. :)

acatmeowz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (CWA, Flagstaff, Canterbury, Midtown 45), Hyatt/Welk, BGV, Solaris
FYI— The 2023 Maintenance Assessment Summary can be found on the Wyndahm website by logging into Paymentus and going to "Accounts." Find the account "Wyndham Vacation Resorts Member Payment" followed by your member number. At the bottom of this box on the left, click on "View Statement History." The last document listed is dated January 1900. Click on the corresponding "VIEW" to see your 2023 Summary. I know, what a crazy place to hide this information.

Also, if your account is like ours... EVERY contract we ever had with Wyndham was listed. You can call Finance and have all your inactive accounts removed so you can only see what's relevant to you. After this call, I only see the current loan, maintenance, ARDA and Perks.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
This is by far the most convoluted payment/statement structure I have among all my household bills.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
FYI— The 2023 Maintenance Assessment Summary can be found on the Wyndahm website by logging into Paymentus and going to "Accounts." Find the account "Wyndham Vacation Resorts Member Payment" followed by your member number. At the bottom of this box on the left, click on "View Statement History." The last document listed is dated January 1900. Click on the corresponding "VIEW" to see your 2023 Summary. I know, what a crazy place to hide this information.

Also, if your account is like ours... EVERY contract we ever had with Wyndham was listed. You can call Finance and have all your inactive accounts removed so you can only see what's relevant to you. After this call, I only see the current loan, maintenance, ARDA and Perks.

Thanks for pointing this out - I was wondering where this data was actually being posted. Far from intuitive without a doubt. Personally I think they should create a separate link on the left-hand navigation pane entitled "Assessment Summaries" or something similar - rather than burying this within the Accounts tab underneath a specific contract item. Whose with me? I'll submit this as an enhancement request to Wyndham for review.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Maybe some of those extra MF at PCB will go to replace the elevators there. They are a constant problem...
We are here now and the elevators seem to be crazy fast and mostly available. I found it quite scary to be in the elevator with the sound of the wind in the shaft as we shot straight up like a rocket to the 24th floor. I wasn't about to walk the stairs, but think of the exercise that would be.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is by far the most convoluted payment/statement structure I have among all my household bills.
I have my statement that was mailed to me, but another TUG member asked me what the program fee is, and I cannot see that information on the statement. I only see the total amount of the program fee on my two statements.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I have my statement that was mailed to me, but another TUG member asked me what the program fee is, and I cannot see that information on the statement. I only see the total amount of the program fee on my two statements.

The breakdown for program fees, or for any of the individual resort fees, really isn't available on the PaymentUS online statements either - you would have to calculate it manually. Below is a screenshot of my actual online annual assessment from the PaymentUS online statement, with my account numbers whited out - for ease of reference. As you can see, the first line contains the program fee assessments for all contracts on the account, with no breakdowns, and the other line items only contain the total fees for each contract - again no breakdown of monthly amounts, or x/1000 amounts, etc. Just the annual totals for each line item.

1672863826890.png

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My snail mailed assessment came with two additional boilerplate pages, one of which included the program fee rates/minimums (as I posted in an earlier comment).
Welp, no. The mailed version is the same as the Paymentus version, meaning you have to do your own math to get the MF rate on each property. It does have the second page that lists the program fee and other related info.

2023 program fees:
PlusPartners: $.70/k with a minimum of $195
non-PlusPartners: $.68/k with a minimum of $175
PR: $.78/k for the first million, then $.70/k

(Break-even on the minimum program fee is 279k for PP, 258k for non-PP.)

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Thanks for pointing this out - I was wondering where this data was actually being posted. Far from intuitive without a doubt. Personally I think they should create a separate link on the left-hand navigation pane entitled "Assessment Summaries" or something similar - rather than burying this within the Accounts tab underneath a specific contract item. Whose with me? I'll submit this as an enhancement request to Wyndham for review.

Definitely! I'd given up on having this detailed page.

Can't imagine how @acatmeowz ever found it. Oughtta get a piece of cheese or something!