• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sticky - Official 2023 Maintenance Fee Thread

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
All ... Creating our official 2023 MF thread where TUGGERs can post about and discuss the "2023 HOA Maintenance Fees" ...

IF you want to see the Historical (year over year) Chart of HOA Maintenance Fees collected for the Resorts, CLICK HERE

I will periodically check replies on this thread and update the linked spreadsheet where we're capturing MFs on an ongoing basis. If you see that we're missing historical MF data in the linked spreadsheet for a particular resort and you've got the data in hand - feel free to post it in this thread and/or PM me and I'll get the chart updated with historical MF data as well.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
For my part, I recently received the 2023 MF increase for National Harbor UDI - seeing a 1.4% YoY increase from $4.79/1000 to $4.86/1000 for Standard Points, and from $5.00/1000 to $5.03/1000 for Designated Points. The low rate of increase this year is due primarily to a favorable tax ruling on appeal for a major tax increase settlement.

Of particular note in the letter for those who may own at NH and/or stay there on a regular basis:

As we enter into 2023, we are excited to begin the full renovation of all guestroom suites. The renovation will begin in January and is projected to last until May 2023. It will consist of completely new decor, appliances, carpet, dining room furniture, living room furniture, TVs, mattresses, etc. We are looking forward to a new and improved resort for our owners."

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
For my part, I recently received the 2023 MF increase for National Harbor UDI - seeing a 1.4% YoY increase from $4.79/1000 to $4.86/1000 for Standard Points, and from $5.00/1000 to $5.03/1000 for Designated Points. The low rate of increase this year is due primarily to a favorable tax ruling on appeal for a major tax increase settlement.

Of particular note in the letter for those who may own at NH and/or stay there on a regular basis:

what are standard and designated points please?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
what are standard and designated points please?

Designated points are Presidential Reserve points and the maintenance fees are higher for them. Standard points are CWS, Club Wyndham Select, points.

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
Designated points are Presidential Reserve points and the maintenance fees are higher for them. Standard points are CWS, Club Wyndham Select, points.
Can you only book presidential reserve suites with designated points? Or can you use regular points to book them?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Can you only book presidential reserve suites with designated points? Or can you use regular points to book them?

You can use regular points to book them if they are available (Wyndham has the right to hold presidential Reserve units back for PR owners).

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

Within the 10 month Standard Reservation window and 3 month Express window you can book anything that's available, Presidential Reserve inventory, Margaritaville inventory and the regular inventory with PR points, CWS points or CWA (Club Wyndham Access) points. During the ARP window, Advance Reservation Priority, you can only book PR units with your PR points. If you want to be able to book regular units during the ARP window you must own some CWS or CWA points to be able to do that.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score

So, theoretically, PR owners have exclusive access to "up to 75%" of PR Suites all the way until
1 month before checkin. As PR owners, I *think* we've seen this work in our favor, but without
access to the underlying inventory numbers you never know. Recently it actually sort of worked
against us - we were told at Canterbury that our request for a favorite 1BR Presidential room was
not honored because our reservation was for Presidential Reserve inventory - and they were being
more strict these days in keeping the distinction.

Here's the info from the Wyndham website:

https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinat...e/resources/club-wyndham-presidential-reserve

Pres-Reserve-Reservation-Timeline-chart.jpg

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
From the annual meeting paperwork I received yesterday,

Smoky Mountains (Governors Crossing 1)
2023 Maintenance fees: $4.29
Reserve fund: $1.80
Property tax: $0.22
Total HOA: $6.31
Increase of 5.2%

Last edited:

Baggi

Reaction score
I see this for 2022 Cypress Palms maintenance fee:

Cypress Palms
2022 Maintenance Fees $4.75
Reserve Fund $1.70
Property Tax $0.71
Total $7.16

Paperwork I got today says Maintenance Fee is $6.77 for 2023.

It went up over $2? Am I reading this right?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I see this for 2022 Cypress Palms maintenance fee:

Cypress Palms
Reserve Fund $1.70
Property Tax $0.71
Total $7.16

Paperwork I got today says Maintenance Fee is $6.77 for 2023.

It went up over $2? Am I reading this right?
Usually when we quote maintenance fees it includes reserve fund and property tax - so $6.77 vs $7.16, or a 5.8% increase. EDIT: or decrease? Regardless, usually the total amount (not including program fee) is considered the MF.

Baggi

Reaction score
Usually when we quote maintenance fees it includes reserve fund and property tax - so $6.77 vs $7.16, or a 5.8% increase. EDIT: or decrease? Regardless, usually the total amount (not including program fee) is considered the MF.

I get that. But the paperwork I got today says the Maintenance fee is $6.77. The 2022 maintenance fee was $4.75.

I'm calling Wyndham now to see if there's something I'm not understanding. I'm worried the "maintenance fee" is only a part of the total assessment and the $6.77 in the paperwork is only a part of the total assessment.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I get that. But the paperwork I got today says the Maintenance fee is $6.77. The 2022 maintenance fee was $4.75.

I'm calling Wyndham now to see if there's something I'm not understanding. I'm worried the "maintenance fee" is only a part of the total assessment and the $6.77 in the paperwork is only a part of the total assessment.
The 2022 maintenance fee was $7.16.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If they didn’t break out the tax and reserve fund when quoting you $6.77, then $6.77 is the total. We call it “maintenance fee” and includes everything except program fee.

Baggi

Reaction score
The 2022 maintenance fee was $7.16.

Well, I'm just quoting what I see here on this forum from 2022. According to what I found in the 2022 thread

Cypress Palms
Reserve Fund $1.70
Property Tax $0.71
Total $7.16

So, the total assessment is $7.16 and the maintenance fee was $4.75.

I hope you're right and my maintenance fee went down. I should have an answer soon enough as I'm on hold right now.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The only time we see/use that breakdown is when the annual assessment is sent out. Otherwise, the convention when we say “maintenance fee” is it includes all that. Nobody in normal conversation quotes maintenance fees that don’t include property tax and reserve.

GRapuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas, Glacier Canyon, Club Wyndham Access
Glacier Canyon (Standard Points)
2023 Maintenance Fees: $5.67
Reserves: $1.47
Property Tax: $0.71
Total HOA: $7.84
Increase of 6.5%

On top of a pretty high fee to begin with.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Taken from facebook source (photo of statement)
Panama City - Standard
2023 Maintenance fees: $4.42
Reserve fund: $.72
Association Revenues: ($0.28)
Total HOA: $4.85 (Note, the math is Wyndham's - I come up with $4.86)
Increase of 2.9%

Panama City - Designated
2023 Maintenance fees: $4.60
Reserve fund: $.61
Association Revenues: ($0.28)
Total HOA: $4.93

troy12n

Reaction score
Maybe some of those extra MF at PCB will go to replace the elevators there. They are a constant problem...

acatmeowz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (CWA, Flagstaff, Canterbury, Midtown 45), Hyatt/Welk, BGV, Solaris
2023 Canterbury - Standard
Operating Fees: $2.75
Reserve Fund: $0.78
Property Tax: $0.41
Total HOA: $3.94— up from $3.78 or 4.2%

2023 Canterbury - Designated
Operating Fees: $2.83
Reserve Fund: $1.03
Property Tax: $0.41
Total HOA: $4.28— up from $4.10 or 4.4%

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sounds more like something for a special assessment. If it's a one off thing, MF should go back down. Wanna bet?

And the answer was no:

Avenue Plaza, New Orleans, LA
1 bedroom - $912.37
Studio - $707.68

4.6% increase from last year.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Just got the dues statement for Kona Coast from my dad, who paid them. I'm extremely grateful to him for that, since he doesn't use them anymore, so in essence they're mine to use!

The 2023 Maintenance Fees for KCR are:
One bedroom - $1,162.71
Two bedroom - $1,494.18

I have the operating budget sent with the statement, if that's wanted.