• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stemless Wine Glasses

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
My wine drinking buddy buys $150-300+ bottles of wine regularly. If I swill it down, I would NOT ever be offered another glass again.

You swirl it, sniff it, taste it with your tongue and savor that taste for a moment or two. And repeat a second time ... preparing your palate for a real sip. I have had some very GOOD wines at his house ... but he has been known to dump an almost FULL bottle down the sink ... at whatever price ... because it was NOT ACCEPTABLE to his palate.

I compare it to a nice dinner prepared and served to me ... I would not gobble it down ... nor would I not engage in conversation around the table with all guests. And a fine dinner, has different wines served with different courses.

Now, if it was a "oh, my ... what happened?" wine session ... different rules apply. No wine ever gets warmed ... usually, a glass is swilled down each infraction of OMG laid out. And I plan on 2 bottles or more for each participant. Food not necessary ... detracts from the details and slows down the drinking of the wine.

LOL! Well, when I have wine with dinner I drink it a bit more slowly, and especially when with company, but when I am just home by myself- late afternoon on Saturday after an exhausting work week and after chores- before dinner and so forth- I grab my bottle-usually chilled inexpensive white- and my huge stemmed wine glass -and all bets are off- I am finishing that bottle and it won't take me too long! :rofl:

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have two sets of stemless glasses and several singles I have picked up at winery visits. I don't have small hands, but one set I find difficult to hold. For anyone contemplating buying a set, make sure they have finger indentations for better grip. They are useful for reds but not whites. I prefer stems!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Now, if it was a "oh, my ... what happened?" wine session ... different rules apply. No wine ever gets warmed ... usually, a glass is swilled down each infraction of OMG laid out. And I plan on 2 bottles or more for each participant. Food not necessary ... detracts from the details and slows down the drinking of the wine.

Ok, now that's funny! :)

Dave

dls0210

TUG Member
Reaction score
We learned by demonstration at a wine dinner that plastic glasses completely change the taste of wine. It was such a dramatic difference, we have never used plastic since. And this wasn't an expensive bottle of wine, probably $10-15.

I prefer stemmed glasses, especially if I'm at a party and have to carry my glass around. As others have mentioned, holding the cup of the glass in your hand warms the white wine, which I don't like. Cold wine also causes condensation on the glass, making it harder to hold without a stem.

Although when it's just my husband and I, we will occasionally use stemless glasses because they are safer on the edge of the hot tub and they fit in the dishwasher.