• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Should resale points get VIP benefits? (Please IGNORE the first 3 and pick among the last 6 Choices)

Should resale points qualify for VIP benefits?

• YES

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • NO

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • DON'T CARE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a VIP - YES

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I am a VIP - NO

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I am a VIP - DON'T CARE

• I am Not a VIP - YES

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I am not a VIP - NO

• I am not a VIP - DONT'CARE

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
I currently have reservations using over 5mil points for family vacations. My son is going to the beach this summer using 820k points on one reservation.
Should Wyndham require me to have 2 memberships??
Notice- Upgrade opted out January 8th
View attachment 16338

Why not? It will make no difference to you. You will just make the reservation in your resale account. Whether resale account should have 'unlimited' HK credits, I don't know what the directory says about HK credits. But HK credits could be a Member level privilege and as a member with a VIPP account you could get unlimited HK credits on all your accounts.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Take a look at the Wyndham annual budget reports and your individual resort annual reports.

To be fair I probably wouldn't know this if I gone to a number of the annual owners meetings and listened to Pete Hernandez go over the annual budget and explain things like this. At last years and this years meetings one of his underlings has been the one reading over the budget and they don't do nearly the job he did. They speed through by comparison. He used to joke about it being boring and it was to most of us. However thanks to him explaining a lot more as he went and not skipping over some of it I did learn some things.

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
This as been gone over repeatedly. Wyndham and Worldmark are set up differently and shouldn't be used for comparison purposes in anything more than generalities.

Again Wyndham not the resorts bears the expense of those points when discounts are given whether they are VIP discounted point reservations or discounts any owner can receive at times.. You are one of the many people who recently got discounted point reservations at Bonnet Creek and have gotten them at other resorts also.

So, not only VIP discounts but promotional discounts at individual resorts come out of the Corporate? I would have thought resorts were doing the promotion to increase occupancy and therefore eating the cost. Much like advertising credits that Car dealerships get from the car companies? Interesting!

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did not cast a vote in this one because I believe it is based on an improper view that VIP benefits are quasi-contractually related to the origin of one's Wyndham points.

Please vote. It's just an 'idle curiosity' Poll which means diddlysquat. It's like party games. One should could participate but not take it too seriously. :)

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Please vote. It's just an 'idle curiosity' Poll which means diddlysquat. It's like party games. One should participate but not take it too seriously. :)

... also, you misspelled should in the title of the thread....

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-- deleted -- I didn't understand as to what @Eric B was alluding in his previous post --

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why do you say @dgalati would do that? Based on watching this poll, I assumed @dgalati voted NON-VIP - DON'T CARE. or NON-VIP YES. Only just now, I see 1 vote for NON-VIP - NO.

They want to try & show that VIPs are against resale points receiving VIP benefits.
I do believe Dom would do that among a couple of others

Currently half of the VIPs say No & the only No votes are from VIPs. I’m not buying that

Since I am taking my Uncles VIP ownership over I voted I am a VIP - NO.
No explanation is needed why I voted this way.
Exactly what I predicted.lol
dgalati is not VIP

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I'm one of those who voted I'm VIP - No. Several reasons....
- I have very few resale points.
- There is no way I'll ever get discount benefits for more than 1MM of my developer/PIC point reservations. I don't rent and frequently book popular resorts.
- If fewer resale points were snagging discounts, more discounts might be available to the 'small' account VIPP's, like me.
- There seems to be something unfair about getting discounts on discounted points. Getting something for nothing just does not feel 'right'.

I'm trusting that I won't be attacked for openly sharing my opinion on this matter.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I voted- I’m VIP- Yes
I get discounts & upgrades on less than 1mil points.
I voted yes for the later points deposit & room request. I could work around the point deposit feature. I’ve never deposited points into RCI.

I definitely don’t want 2 membership numbers & I think that’s about the only way to separate the points. That’s the number one reason for my vote
Our other 2 reservations for the beach to go along with our sons. 799k points & 770k points with VIP upgrades opted out September 2019 when I made the reservations.
2.4mil points with no VIP benefits.
82434BAC-7A03-4968-AB00-83BB6F261A68.png0CDFF03D-1B52-4FD1-9D8A-DF1F76E462B6.png

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm one of those who voted I'm VIP - No. Several reasons....
- I have very few resale points.
- There is no way I'll ever get discount benefits for more than 1MM of my developer/PIC point reservations. I don't rent and frequently book popular resorts.
- If fewer resale points were snagging discounts, more discounts might be available to the 'small' account VIPP's, like me.
- There seems to be something unfair about getting discounts on discounted points. Getting something for nothing just does not feel 'right'.

I'm trusting that I won't be attacked for openly sharing my opinion on this matter.
I agree with you on this point " If fewer resale points were snagging discounts, more discounts might be available to the 'small' account VIPP's " but I would add it will fee up points for all members to book for their personal use by eliminating most of the cheap rentals! The club was intended for personal use and not intended as a rental business big (EH)or small (VIP members renting to cover maintenance fees) . Wyndham should limit the rentals to help availability when owners book for personal use. This applies to EH also. How is this fair that Wyndham rents owners points for a profit while competing against owners booking for personal use.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am VIPP with 1.425M points with 2 PICs. I paid top dollar for my 917k developer points, too much according to fellow TUGgers.
I have no interest in acquiring resale at present since I have no idea how I am going to use up what I have now.
If resale has to be acquired, I will have to do it since my wife and sons have the least bit of interest in TS other than using it. But I have to have a game plan before I do it.

I am a stickler for rules and so, I voted NO. But I have an open mind and if Wyndham changes the rules I agreed to abide by, I could easily change my vote to YES.

Face it. Somebody paid a full price for those resale points at one time. Unfortunately, the benefits of the original purchase do not transfer to the new owner. If resale points were to be shored up in value (like a BMW), who am I to object?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a stickler for rules and so, I voted NO. But I have an open mind and if Wyndham changes the rules I agreed to abide by, I could easily change my vote to YES.
I don’t think a single one of us know Wyndhams current rule.
Wyndham will never advertise or put it the directory that resale points do indeed get VIP benefits in a VIP account.
The best argument today with an open mind is Wyndhams rule is yes resale points get VIP benefits in a VIP account or they wouldn’t of changed the wording in the directory & they didn’t put resale points in a separate account 2 years ago if they couldn’t program Voyager to handle it in one account

The old saying “actions speak louder than words” all actions by Wyndham indicates yes they do is the current rule

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you let me vote twice I can vote for my all resale account.
I am not a VIP - NO

You're really pushing it, aren't you? Get another TUGBBS account for your uncle and vote for him. Nothing stopping you.

You and @Braindead remind me of spy vs. spy! I used to enjoy those comics!:D

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Take a look at the Wyndham annual budget reports and your individual resort annual reports.

To be fair I probably wouldn't know this if I gone to a number of the annual owners meetings and listened to Pete Hernandez go over the annual budget and explain things like this. At last years and this years meetings one of his underlings has been the one reading over the budget and they don't do nearly the job he did. They speed through by comparison. He used to joke about it being boring and it was to most of us. However thanks to him explaining a lot more as he went and not skipping over some of it I did learn some things.

Pete went with Wyndham Hotels when the split happened. Jodi Rodgers took over his responsibilities in terms of the Club finances. You are right, he was a good resource and willing to explain things like that.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I definitely don’t want 2 membership numbers & I think that’s about the only way to separate the points. That’s the number one reason for my vote
I can't see 2 accounts being used as the way to work a VIP/Resale combo account. Until Wyndham can come up with a way to limit VIP benefits to developer points only inside a single VIP/Resale combo account (like done with ARP), resale will continue to get VIP discounts. Not sure that the incompetent Wyndham IT staff will ever be able to make it work, so I don't believe we'll see any change to the current VIP/Resale account process for many years to come.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham will never advertise or put it the directory that resale points do indeed get VIP benefits in a VIP account.
The best argument today with an open mind is Wyndhams rule is yes resale points get VIP benefits in a VIP account or they wouldn’t of changed the wording in the directory & didn’t put resale points in a separate account if they couldn’t program Voyager to handle it in one account
Ok I have to agree with all your assumptions above. Wyndham does not publish or make clear a lot of rules or policies. Good example is the negative points balances or what happens when transfering deeds when account is negative. I do know what will be enforced upon me moving forward. Surprises me that Wyndham doesn't make note about this new policy of $12/1000 on a negative balance in the ownership.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok I have to agree with all your assumptions above. Wyndham does not publish or make clear a lot of rules or policies. Good example is the negative points balances or what happens when transfering deeds when account is negative. I do know what will be enforced upon me moving forward. Surprises me that Wyndham doesn't make note about this new policy of $12/1000 on a negative balance in the ownership.
Call 911 I think I’m having a heart attack

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The best argument today with an open mind is Wyndhams rule is yes resale points get VIP benefits in a VIP account or they wouldn’t of changed the wording in the directory & they didn’t put resale points in a separate account 2 years ago if they couldn’t program Voyager to handle it in one account

The old saying “actions speak louder than words”

@Braindead, I have worked with databases all my career. I love to organize data. In my expert opinion, the way they have organized could be improved.
You want to preserve critical information at all times. Retail points are critical to deciding VIP benefits.
Use-year buckets in which retail and resale points are combined together lose critical information. A totally needless loss of a degree of freedom. Why lose a variable when you don't have to?
Reservation Broker is in charge of applying VIP rules among other things. Why deprive it of its ability to distinguish between retail points and resale points. You could still allow it to grant VIP benefits to resale points. But, that's an option, but the current setup just foregoes that option for no reason at all. You must preserve all options so you can change things easily in the future.
I am purely approaching from the perspective of database design. I am sure marketeers and bean-counters have other axes to grind!

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Call 911 I think I’m having a heart attack
Why? Was that bad news or good news?
I have never heard of anyone having a heart attack on hearing good news!
You should be distributing candy or cigar! :D

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can't see 2 accounts being used as the way to work a VIP/Resale combo account. Until Wyndham can come up with a way to limit VIP benefits to developer points only inside a single VIP/Resale combo account (like done with ARP), resale will continue to get VIP discounts. Not sure that the incompetent Wyndham IT staff will ever be able to make it work, so I don't believe we'll see any change to the current VIP/Resale account process for many years to come.

I understand how it's easy to conclude that the IT staff must be incompetent. But, a more benign judgment would be that they're heavily constrained and they don't have representation in the executive suite. They're forced to play catch-up instead of leading the way as in tech companies like Amazon. Old-time companies led by marketeers or bean-counters without technological competence think of IT as a staff department a few steps above janitorial services. Ok, I am exaggerating just to make a point!:D

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not to go off topic but Worldmark has no VIP program so why are their maintenance fees so much lower?

Let me offer a guess. Wyndham is more upscale than Worldmark? Their resorts are not as good as Wyndham's? I saw this in Kona.
When they're co-located, it seems as if Wyndham is really running the show. Worldmark is hardly ever mentioned. Wyndham marquee is prominently displayed.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I understand how it's easy to conclude that the IT staff must be incompetent. But, a more benign judgment would be that they're heavily constrained and they don't have representation in the executive suite. They're forced to play catch-up instead of leading the way as in tech companies like Amazon. Old-time companies led by marketeers or bean-counters without technological competence think of IT as a staff department a few steps above janitorial services. Ok, I am exaggerating just to make a point!:D
I don't think you are exaggerating, lol.
I do wonder what kind of requirements the IT staff is given. We can't figure out what they are doing. We attempt to go by the directory, but it's often vague. We see things work differently for different people. We see Owner Services enforce things differently. How do you code that and have a reliable system?