• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Should I receive an exchange confirmation?

patrickg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased at Marriott Ko Olina, and rang II and asked to exchange to a Marriott in Spain. They said yes we can do that straight away, said they had the date I wanted and asked for my credit card number and billed me $99. I figured I would receive an email confirmation but have not. It has been a week now.

Looking on the II site in history it shows an exchange number and status of confirmed next to my home resort but shows nothing in the columns next to the unit I exchanged to

Home Resort Check In/Out Exchange No. Status

Exchange

Marriott's Ko Olina
MKO
Unit: ZZAA (2 bedrooms)
Week: 13 Sun, March 29, 2009
Sun, April 05, 2009 037079790
Confirmed

Confirmed To:
Marriott's Playa Andaluza • MUZ
Unit: TOGA (2 bedrooms)
Week: 33 Sat, August 15, 2009
Sat, August 22, 2009

Can I relax and be sure the exchange has happened? It just seemed to easy to be true, and I would really like a piece of paper that I can show to say I have the booking in Spain

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Yes, you have got it - congrats!
Just call II and ask them to resend the confirmation - or maybe you have chosen to receive your confirmations by regular mail.

Call but also go into your II account and set yourself up to receive email confirmations in the future.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
If you gave them an e-mail address, you will receive your confirmation right away...you might want to check your junk mail/spam folder. If you didn't, you'll get a confirmation by snail mail, which might take a while. Even though I have never needed that piece of paper to show upon check-in, like you, I also want that security. I would call them and have them resend it.

Ingrid

patrickg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you have got it - congrats!
Just call II and ask them to resend the confirmation - or maybe you have chosen to receive your confirmations by regular mail.

Call but also go into your II account and set yourself up to receive email confirmations in the future.

Thanks I will give them a call as my contact method selected is email