• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Vistana Villages...more open than most?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
From the web site:

1589283754136.png

No other Orlando locations for either Vistana or MVC have pools or fitness centers open.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
I might have to get there! Luckily we're owners there. It's time to break out of COVID-19 confinement. We need to get people back to work and the economy back in gear.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Coloradorunner

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Mountain Vista
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I have an Orlando reservation I will eventually call to cancel for late June/early July. I don’t understand why one resort in Orlando would have everything open while other resorts would have everything closed.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I have an Orlando reservation I will eventually call to cancel for late June/early July. I don’t understand why one resort in Orlando would have everything open while other resorts would have everything closed.
By the end of June, I would expect Orlando resorts to have most amenities open, and likely there would be some sort of soft opening happening at some theme parks. Universal City Walk and Disney Springs (Downtown Disney) are both beginning staggered opening in the next week.

For some reason, Florida (save for a couple of counties around Miami) has not been hit as hard as the Boston to DC corridor.

You'll have to analyze the risk - we're planning on driving down for a few days at MGV (Orlando) and Oceana Palms (Singer Island) at the end of June, assuming both our state (MD) and Florida continue to improve while things slowly open.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Is the resort open? I have to take vacation next week and would fly down and sit by the pool for a week.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Probably best to call the resort and confirm. Discovered that the online resort details only give a high level of what is open/closed. There may be more restrictions than they cover on the website.

Ckhawaii

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Tower HGVC
Westin Lagunamar plat 2bd 3x
Westin Aventuras
Resort is open. When you call into owner services they direct you to hub.vacationclub.com . It has every status of all MVW resorts and what amenities are available

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Vistana.com says yes

63239E04-51A8-4479-A265-43A58E75D0B9.png
63239E04-51A8-4479-A265-43A58E75D0B9.png

Bierhund

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR (x2), SVV
Florida executive order 20-80, requiring travelers from NY, NJ, and CT to self-quarantine for 14 days (or the duration of their visit if less than 14 days) is still in place. Apparently, the order is being enforced by local and state law enforcement and health officials, and a traveler form is being required. Violation is a second degree misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment up to 60 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $500. Governor DeSantis later included travelers from Louisiana.
So, while Vistana may be open, it only applies to visitors from 45 other states.

Last edited:

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Florida executive order 20-80, requiring travelers from NY, NJ, and CT to self-quarantine for 14 days (or the duration of their visit if less than 14 days) is still in place. Apparently, the order is being enforced by local and state law enforcement and health officials, and a traveler form is being required. Violation is a second degree misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment up to 60 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $500. Governor DeSantis later included travelers from Louisiana.
So, while Vistana may be open, it only applies to visitors from 45 other states.

Is there any indication on how long this may last?

Bierhund

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR (x2), SVV

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It doesn't seem that lifting this order is very high on the governor's list. He has opened gyms and restaurants, but somehow a farmer from upstate NY is a higher risk.
Perhaps not the farmer, but what about the person from NYC?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you live in NYC, you can easily fly out of Philadelphia and skirt the order.
Quite possible, but your post indicated that the governor was only worried about the upstate farmer. Cherry picking a very specific case to fit your perspective. Just because you can skirt the order, doesn't mean that the order still doesn't apply to you. The form seems to only be for tracking, which I highly doubt they are doing. The order, like the one in Hawaii, is meant to deter people from coming, nothing more. Though Hawaii seems to be tracking people a little bit better.

Bierhund

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR (x2), SVV
Quite possible, but your post indicated that the governor was only worried about the upstate farmer. Cherry picking a very specific case to fit your perspective. Just because you can skirt the order, doesn't mean that the order still doesn't apply to you. The form seems to only be for tracking, which I highly doubt they are doing. The order, like the one in Hawaii, is meant to deter people from coming, nothing more. Though Hawaii seems to be tracking people a little bit better.
I hate to draw out a "discussion" in an on-line forum, but... Frankly, you are one of the people that I most often agree with, and I value your insight and perspective. I have learned a great deal from your posts. Having said that, Governor DeSantis has lumped the tri-state area into one basket, and has based his order solely on the situation in NYC. My point was simply that the area that he has designated covers a population that is much greater than NYC. For example, the primary airport in CT, Bradley airport in Hartford, serves western MA (which is in worse shape than CT), VT and often parts of NH.
On the other hand, Governor DeSantis has his own hot spot to worry about: Miami. I haven't noticed a ban on north bound traffic on the Florida Turnpike.
And, yes, I am affected by the executive order.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
NYC people have already fled to Florida at the beginning of the pandemic. The rest of us left behind have the antibodies. I’m cleared, they should give us covid tests and if we are negative we are no more of a threat than the residents or visitors from other states. The virus didn’t just get here in march. Just the tests did.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I hate to draw out a "discussion" in an on-line forum, but... Frankly, you are one of the people that I most often agree with, and I value your insight and perspective. I have learned a great deal from your posts. Having said that, Governor DeSantis has lumped the tri-state area into one basket, and has based his order solely on the situation in NYC. My point was simply that the area that he has designated covers a population that is much greater than NYC. For example, the primary airport in CT, Bradley airport in Hartford, serves western MA (which is in worse shape than CT), VT and often parts of NH.
On the other hand, Governor DeSantis has his own hot spot to worry about: Miami. I haven't noticed a ban on north bound traffic on the Florida Turnpike.
And, yes, I am affected by the executive order.
Not trying to draw it out either, and not everyone will agree. That is what makes the world go around. I would agree with your assessment though. It seems most decisions with this are made in haste without knowing all the facts. No one had any facts and we really only know a little more now than we did a couple months ago. I think the governors intent was to protect the citizens of the state, but implementation was poor. In reality, did anyone have a good implementation of anything in all of this? It would also be very easy to skirt the rules by connecting through another airport such as Chicago or Atlanta. In the end, I think the purposes is to make the thought of travel less desirable, not to keep everyone out or to even track anyone. They have bigger issues than tracking everyone from these areas. It is more about big brother watching.

He perhaps could have tried to prevent movement within the state, but perhaps had legal reasons he couldn't, or logistical. As we have seen, preventing or limiting all travel is not easy. Did NY stop people from leaving the city in to other parts of the state or surrounding states? It doesn't seem like it since there was a mad exodus early in the pandemic. Hawaii is requiring self quarantine for all travelers from the mainland regardless if they are from NYC or some small town in Iowa. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much more than simple blanket orders that in the end are usually ineffective anyway.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
NYC people have already fled to Florida at the beginning of the pandemic. The rest of us left behind have the antibodies. I’m cleared, they should give us covid tests and if we are negative we are no more of a threat than the residents or visitors from other states. The virus didn’t just get here in march. Just the tests did.
I would certainly agree. The problem is that many antibody tests have very high false positive rates. Though their false negative rates are low. If you have an antibody test that says you had the virus, there is a good chance you didn't. Though if the antibody test says you didn't, chances are you didn't. We could allow those who had the virus to move about more freely, but that also causes other challenges. Like Covid parties. Want to get your freedom back? Go to a big party to get sick and get it over with. I wish I had all the answers. If I did, I probably wouldn't be here typing this response right now.... :)

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I would certainly agree. The problem is that many antibody tests have very high false positive rates. Though their false negative rates are low. If you have an antibody test that says you had the virus, there is a good chance you didn't. Though if the antibody test says you didn't, chances are you didn't. We could allow those who had the virus to move about more freely, but that also causes other challenges. Like Covid parties. Want to get your freedom back? Go to a big party to get sick and get it over with. I wish I had all the answers. If I did, I probably wouldn't be here typing this response right now.... :)
Depends on the test. Very odd. I think many of the antibody tests are faulty but also the antibodies are short lived.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
The presence of antibodies does not guarantee your immunity to relapse.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The presence of antibodies does not guarantee your immunity to relapse.
Not enough is really known at this point as to how long antibodies last or if they protect you from future infection. Chances are there is some level of protection for some length of time. It is just that no one knows how much or how long. If a vaccine is ever developed, it may be that humans need to be vaccinated every year, every five years, every ten years, perhaps only once. Just like many other vaccines out there. It is far to early in vaccine development and the life of this virus to truly know but I don't think we have seen mass number of people being reinfected. Perhaps just a few dozen and those could very well be false positive tests or a small portion of the population that are not capable of developing antibodies.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Not enough is really known at this point as to how long antibodies last or if they protect you from future infection. Chances are there is some level of protection for some length of time. It is just that no one knows how much or how long. If a vaccine is ever developed, it may be that humans need to be vaccinated every year, every five years, every ten years, perhaps only once. Just like many other vaccines out there. It is far to early in vaccine development and the life of this virus to truly know but I don't think we have seen mass number of people being reinfected. Perhaps just a few dozen and those could very well be false positive tests or a small portion of the population that are not capable of developing antibodies.
Isn't that what I just said? There is no guarantee to immunity.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Isn't that what I just said? There is no guarantee to immunity.
Yes it is, but I got the impression that you were implying people shouldn't travel because there is no guaranty and could be reinfected and I am implying that people should be more freely able to travel because they have antibodies.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
I find any quarantine order for those of us from New York State to be prejudiced against all New Yorkers. The county I live in in NYS has had exactly ONE death from Covid other than the deaths in one nursing home 20 miles from me. And no, I am not a farmer.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I find any quarantine order for those of us from New York State to be prejudiced against all New Yorkers. The county I live in in NYS has had exactly ONE death from Covid other than the deaths in one nursing home 20 miles from me. And no, I am not a farmer.
Once it’s in the community it’s in the community. I get the quarantine measures the first few weeks BUT it was already in the community WELL before we started testing for it.