• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shell Island Beach Club No Longer Managed by HGVC

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I think the first question I would ask is what has the BOD budgeted for legal expenses in 2009. Obviously this could become a large unusual expense, and I think it would be sad if a special assessment was required to fund legal expenses related to the termination for cause.

Last edited:

mlsmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to get this BOD out

The lack of keeping owners informed was a big mistake.

JPETERS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lawyers and the board

As an owner and working at Shell Island Beach Club, I can honestly say this board did not act on behalf of the timeshare owners. Actions speak louder then words.
The board made up of whole owners had an agenda, and with the help of the attorneys, created loop holes to leave the timeshare owners in the dark.
If I were a fly on the wall....I bet all 12 of the whole owners knew in advance what was going to happen.
:annoyed:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
As an owner and working at Shell Island Beach Club, I can honestly say this board did not act on behalf of the timeshare owners. Actions speak louder then words.
The board made up of whole owners had an agenda, and with the help of the attorneys, created loop holes to leave the timeshare owners in the dark.
If I were a fly on the wall....I bet all 12 of the whole owners knew in advance what was going to happen.

For those who don't know, Joanne is a HGVC resale agent for Sanibel, Marco, Fort Myers Beach and Hutchinson Island.
Here's an old post regarding Joanne - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=218998&postcount=1

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I can't wait to get this BOD out.

It'll take some very motivated TS owners to overcome the inertia that typifies most OA's. From what I've seen, most TS owners don't have the time or inclination to become involved.

In my neightborhood, residents do little more than complain about the BOD's. The "Grounds Director" seat wasn't filled at the last election, 'cuz no one volunteered to serve, and I not proud to say, neither did I.

Last edited:

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
It'll take some very motivated TS owners to overcome the inertia that typifies most OA's. From what I've seen, most TS owners don't have the time or inclination to become involved.

In my neightborhood, residents do little more than complain about the BOD's. The "Grounds Director" seat wasn't filled at the last election, 'cuz no one volunteered to serve, and I not proud to say, neither did I.

Sounds like my sister's group in her neighborhood. She's got a meeting tonight of her BOD, they are more concerned about unauthorized statues in the flower beds than getting some of the dead beats to pay their dues on time.

It will be interesting to see the turn out, we have an over/under bet going. Loser has to buy dessert at the local ice cream place.

kter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shell Island HGVC has value

Joan- I am glad you are stating your views as an owner, since you are or were on site you have a good idea of what was going on. The current board has run amuck. I purchased at Shell Island with your assistance several years ago because it was a HGVC managed resort. I feel there is value in having the HGVC management.

New owners web site:
http://shellislandbeachclub.ning.com

JPETERS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks KTER. I would like to urge any Shell Island Owner to join the Web site that you mentioned.

The owners are really doing a good job coming together to get this board removed. It has become very clear looking back that this was planned with the help of an expensive attorney.