• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 26 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $14,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $14 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Share Backyard and Spring Gardens Plans and pictures

amycurl

TUG Member
Reaction score
My lilies were the most beautiful that they have been in YEARS. Now, it is too hot, and they are done. Kind of sad. :( They are the flowers that we tend to see the most, since the line some of the back areas of my house, where we park (as compared to the flowers that are in front, which we saw more of this spring than normal, as we walked around our neighborhood during the #quarantimes almost every day.)

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My lilies were the most beautiful that they have been in YEARS. Now, it is too hot, and they are done. Kind of sad. :( They are the flowers that we tend to see the most, since the line some of the back areas of my house, where we park (as compared to the flowers that are in front, which we saw more of this spring than normal, as we walked around our neighborhood during the #quarantimes almost every day.)
You are right......

It is sooooo hot here in NC. We’re back down with DD. She and SIL bought their first house. Southern Pines. The builder put in foundation plantings and sod so they don’t have to do anything. They have ideas though and so do I (since I’m a landscape designer). But I will defer to them as though they were clients. DD is focused on non toxic plants since they have an 11mo and she’s concerned someone will drag in a poisonous leaf. That means much of the things the builder planted need to be relocated. It’s the first time I’ve had this as the primary requirement from a client. I’ve been doing some research and am pleasantly surprised to find that early Americans used Birch trees as a food source. I was suggesting they consider a river birch for shade. There’s a mature one down the street so it’s easy to give her a mental picture.

geist1223

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 89,000
Seaside Oregon Residence Club
DRI Hawaiian Collection 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Day Lilly's are still going strong. Plus 4 ofmthenAsiatic Lillys.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are those cucumbers on the left?
The cucumbers are on the left next to the pepper in the tray with the strings beans (there are a variety of these/we have two types planted). The long ones on the right are what we call "cucuzza". A form of a squash. I call it the baseball bat sometimes :D.

There are a ton of different ways to make it. You can also cook some of the leaves - .We stuffed it with ground turkey (can use ground beef/chicken ground or meatloaf mix).

Attachments

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
double post - not sure how to delete

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today's haul -- I've already texted a neighbor to come save me from the green beans since I already have several days worth in the fridge.
image.jpeg

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just had a freshly picked “straight from the garden“ salad for dinner!

Lots of curly leafed lettuce leaves, chopped cucumber, several mini bell peppers ripened to yellow, a tomato plus 2 figs.
Our figs look to be several weeks away yet -- although the hideous green scarab beetles have already been checking the tree out.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our figs usually are ready for picking end of month/September. All at once and then we have a ton. We are going to try to freeze a few this year.

geist1223

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 89,000
Seaside Oregon Residence Club
DRI Hawaiian Collection 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
These are actually pictures from our Front Yard. They show part of Patti's Sunset Garden and 3 Level Fountain. The Birds including Hummingbirds love the flowers and Fountain. When we moved in 10 years ago this area was nothing but hard clay and a single Narrow Leaf Ash Tree that was planted too deep and was not growing. We removed it. The large object on the bottom level of the Fountain is Coral brought back from Hawaii. Whenever Racoons or Possums visit the Fountain at night they tend to knock it into the Fountain.

20200803_125317.jpg
20200803_125423.jpg