• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shadow Ridge price

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
A Shadow Ridge 2 bedroom platinum just sold for $4539 on EBAY. The prices sure are headed south this week.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Damn, I saw that earlier, but didn't bid. Thanks

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I threw a bid a $4400 out there. I would have bid more but unfortunately I think this is only the beginning of the price drop in resales.

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is only a problem if you want to sell.
Anyone who bought a timeshare as an investment bought for the wrong reasons.

I use both my Ko'Olina and Shadow Ridge timeshares every year.
I also get great trades.
ANd I can trade them BOTH for points.

For the $2000 or so in maintenance fees and if I add a few miles in my own account with those points I can get 2 business class tickets to Europe (worth 16000) and a week in a high end hotel (worth 3500). Good deal to me.

IN fact, we just did that - went to Romania and Hungary business class and a stay at the JW in Bucharest (incredible - like a palace) and we already booked at the Grand Flora in Rome with business class tickets for next year.

The resale prices have no effect on my strategy.

Last edited:

kjd

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone see the MLE 2 br annual plat unit on E Bay for around $700? MF $895. No reserve. Unbelieveable. With Marriott not too keen on excercising ROFR there are bargains a-plenty. There will be more.

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with your strategy. We bought our units, including Shadow Ridge, from Marriott in order to have the ability to get the trips you describe. Therefore, regardless of how low my unit drops on the resale market, there is an inherent value in the cost of these trips that make up for the price drops. Now if I bought resale a few years ago at a higher price than now, I would be upset since that price drop is really money that is lost since I can't make up that loss with any alternatives such as a first class European trip.

Despite this fact, it is very difficult to see a unit I bought just 3 months ago fall $22,000. :annoyed:

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heidi - really does not matter - over time it is a great deal.

Even in a bad economy we can take great vacations with no financial sacrifice.
The free tickets (all business class - 6 total - $48000) I have gotten with my points and the hotels nights ($8000) nearly equal what I paid for my units from the developer. And I still get 4 - 6 weeks of vacation a year and I still own the timeshares forever and can pass them on. We keep building up our points with our credit card and will ultimately exchange for points at one point. I have no regrets nor should you,

Laraine

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Anyone see the MLE 2 br annual plat unit on E Bay for around $700? MF $895. No reserve. Unbelieveable. With Marriott not too keen on excercising ROFR there are bargains a-plenty. There will be more.

If it is the same auction I am watching there is still over 4 days left. The bids will increase. Most of the feverish bidding happens in the last few hours of the auction.

A gold week sold just the other day for just over $1600 and silver went a few months ago for about $1700. A sign that prices are dropping.

tiger1210

TUG Member
Reaction score
pacheco18

What you say doesn't add up. You own 2 time shares: Shadow Ridge and Ko Olina. That is 4 weeks max with depositing lock-off portions. So how do you accumulate all those points and still get 6-8 weeks of time share vacations? What am I missing?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

When??? I have seen no PLATINUM MLE units that recently sold on eBay for that amount. I look daily and actually did bid on the last three. One sold in the mid $4K range and the second for just over $4K. Also, an EOY gold MLE sold for $2K.

There have been numerous SILVER MLE units auctioned off and some of those descriptions have been misleading. Most didn't even state that they were silver units. I usually email the seller asking him/her to clarify.

Terry

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
When??? I have seen no PLATINUM MLE units that recently sold on eBay for that amount. I look daily and actually did bid on the last three. One sold in the mid $4K range and the second for just over $4K. Also, an EOY gold MLE sold for $2K.

There have been numerous SILVER MLE units auctioned off and some of those descriptions have been misleading. Most didn't even state that they were silver units. I usually email the seller asking him/her to clarify.

Terry

One must only look at completed sales when looking at prices. That unit ended up selling for over $4K. Most auctions start off for $1 and don't change much until the last couple days and then the last few minutes of an auction. The first 5 days are really just there to advertise the auction in my opinion. A silver MLE went for ~$1600 recently. I was watching it but felt I could wait out for something cheaper. I was watching another off season week but the auction was ended early with about two days to go and zero bids. Wonder what happened there. Perhaps the seller got tired of my questions. :ignore: (which they never did answer)